You Are What You Eat

Tofu???? You have to be really really really really really hungry to eat that crap.

Tofu is awesome. It's really versatile and you can do anything with it. I had cold silken tofu with scallions and a spicy ginger sauce at a Japanese restaurant last summer as an appetizer and it was SO GOOD. Perfect for a summer light meal.

Tofu is just a culinary blank sheet of paper. The other ingredients make it delicious.

I also like tempeh - a bit more interesting.

I don't know about the rest of you but I've been hungry to the point where the bark on trees started to look good. It is not a good feeling. Then your rational mind tells you that you are in the first stages of hunger driven madness. Military training will do that to you. Thanks Uncle Sam.
I eat whatever I have a hankering for. I don't complain about free food. And if I were throwing a party I would try to accommodate everyone (isn't that what a host is suppose to do?), or say to heck with it let's make it a potluck.

There are your more adventurous people, and then there are those who stick with what is familiar and comfortable.
Growing up ethnic and being exposed to a wide variety of cuisine may have biased my palate to skew liberal.
You have not lived until you have tried Korean cold noodle soup with wasabi oil. Be careful with that oil, a little goes a long way.

Recipe please! What exactly do I need to do to make that. Thanks, sounds delicious!

Korean? Be careful it's not made with cat broth.

For my palate though I prefer Thai/Vietnamese/Lao food. Any food from SE Asia actually. Malay and Indonesian food is quite delicious as well. Spicy, yet absolutely delicious....and believe it or not...quite healthy. I've learned how to make a pretty good Morrocan couscous too. FoodNetwork is a good source for any recipe.

^^^ Reminds me that I haven't cooked anything in the Tajine for far too long.

I don't know about the rest of you but I've been hungry to the point where the bark on trees started to look good. It is not a good feeling. Then your rational mind tells you that you are in the first stages of hunger driven madness. Military training will do that to you. Thanks Uncle Sam.
I eat whatever I have a hankering for. I don't complain about free food. And if I were throwing a party I would try to accommodate everyone (isn't that what a host is suppose to do?), or say to heck with it let's make it a potluck.

There are your more adventurous people, and then there are those who stick with what is familiar and comfortable.
Growing up ethnic and being exposed to a wide variety of cuisine may have biased my palate to skew liberal.
You have not lived until you have tried Korean cold noodle soup with wasabi oil. Be careful with that oil, a little goes a long way.

Recipe please! What exactly do I need to do to make that. Thanks, sounds delicious!

Korean? Be careful it's not made with cat broth.

Made bulgogi - Korean steak - last night. Its fantastic.

For my palate though I prefer Thai/Vietnamese/Lao food. Any food from SE Asia actually. Malay and Indonesian food is quite delicious as well. Spicy, yet absolutely delicious....and believe it or not...quite healthy. I've learned how to make a pretty good Morrocan couscous too. FoodNetwork is a good source for any recipe.

I worked as a waiter in a Moroccan restaurant as a waiter when I was younger. Few things I've ever eaten beats a good kefta.

I worked as a waiter in a Moroccan restaurant as a waiter when I was younger. Few things I've ever eaten beats a good kefta.

Working as a waiter must make you repeat yourself.

Working as a waiter must make you repeat yourself.

Either that, or it's the scotch I've been drinking...

Agreed. I looked up the definition and realized that's what I was getting from the street vendors in Dubai when I was in Diera walking around. Delicious.

Forum List

Back