You Are What You Eat

Hmmm. My favorite foods are Thai and Japanese. And I do eat fruit every day. I'm mostly a vegetarian that will eat fish... That was interesting.

Yes, whenever I am grocery shopping for my daughter and myself, I think, "Hmmmmmmm, what kinds of foods should I buy to make us look refined and intelligent?"

We certainly don't want anything that tastes good! :eek: That would make us low life trailer trash! :lol:

You haven't LIVED until you've tasted my vegetarian lasagna, chili, vegetable soup, veggie burgers, quesadillas, veggie chicken casserole,,,,,,,,am I making you hungry yet? :eusa_drool:

Ukkkkkk.

[Just kidding]

By the way....it can't be a veggie casserole if it's got chicken in it.

I like Tofu chicken chili. I make it all of the time. Course I don't make it to feel more intelligent.
I'm guessing that's 'veggie chicken' ala 'veggie burgers.' ;)

I guess we need to see if we can find a chicken made out of vegetables.

A burger can be made out of anything. It doesn't have to be beef.

27952.jpg

Ukkkkkk.

[Just kidding]

I like Tofu chicken chili. I make it all of the time. Course I don't make it to feel more intelligent.
I'm guessing that's 'veggie chicken' ala 'veggie burgers.' ;)

I guess we need to see if we can find a chicken made out of vegetables.

A burger can be made out of anything. It doesn't have to be beef.

Hey, I'm not saying I'd eat it, but:

Chicken Style Tofu

Chicken Style Tofu
Kourtney Says:

While perusing through your recipes, I noticed that you use a lot of commercial meat substitutes and often aren't always impressed with them. Anyway, I make chicken-style tofu at home and I prefer it over the commercial types so I thought I'd send you the recipe:

1 lb tofu, sliced into 1/4 inch slices (I buy it at a chinese market in a tub of water, so I guess it's "regular" tofu)
2 tsp. vegetarian chicken bouillon
2 tsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. vinegar (I use herb-flavoured vinegar but it doesn't really matter)
1 tsp. each thyme and tarragon, or whatever herbs you like (use something that will go with the dish you are serving, or omit)
1 heaped Tbsp. nutritional yeast
boiling water
Combine all the ingredients except the firm tofu. You'll need a cup or so of water, enough to cover the tofu in whatever container you're marinating it in. Put the tofu in a container with a lid, pour over the liquid and put the lid on the container. Marinate for about a day. (You can reuse the marinade once, but you should discard it after that.)

Preheat your oven (I use a toaster oven) to 400-425. Remove the tofu from the marinade and pat dry. Arrange the slices on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake for about 1/2 hour, turning once, until the slices are browned and lightly crispy around the edges.

I use these in a "chicken"-salad sandwich, "chicken" quesadillas and "chicken" stir-fry.

For beef, substitute vegetarian beef-flavoured bouillon, and instead of the herbs add some hot sauce and garlic.

I hope you enjoy it!

This survey doesn't look very scientific (i.e., only 15% self-identified as conservative).

A more valid version would be based on geography. I'm conservative, but living in the Bay Area, have access to an enormous variety of ethnic cuisine, fresh produce, and organic ingredients. When visiting relatives in the Midwest, the towns in which they live don't have this variety; but they enjoy it when visiting me.

Geography matters.

Now, I think I will whip up a batch of McHeartattack Sammiches at 10:35AM today, washed down with Mocha Frappuccinos.

This survey doesn't look very scientific (i.e., only 15% self-identified as conservative).

A more valid version would be based on geography. I'm conservative, but living in the Bay Area, have access to an enormous variety of ethnic cuisine, fresh produce, and organic ingredients. When visiting relatives in the Midwest, the towns in which they live don't have this variety; but they enjoy it when visiting me.

Geography matters.

Now, I think I will whip up a batch of McHeartattack Sammiches at 10:35AM today, washed down with Mocha Frappuccinos.
sounds good,,,,but it is nap time for me. :lol:

Tofu???? You have to be really really really really really hungry to eat that crap. Where's the beef? I can't decide if tofu is made from soy bean curd or soy bean turd.

I don't know about the rest of you but I've been hungry to the point where the bark on trees started to look good. It is not a good feeling. Then your rational mind tells you that you are in the first stages of hunger driven madness. Military training will do that to you. Thanks Uncle Sam.
I eat whatever I have a hankering for. I don't complain about free food. And if I were throwing a party I would try to accommodate everyone (isn't that what a host is suppose to do?), or say to heck with it let's make it a potluck.

There are your more adventurous people, and then there are those who stick with what is familiar and comfortable.
Growing up ethnic and being exposed to a wide variety of cuisine may have biased my palate to skew liberal.
You have not lived until you have tried Korean cold noodle soup with wasabi oil. Be careful with that oil, a little goes a long way.

I noticed libs like to eat foods that show how refined and intelligent they are.

Conservatives tend to eat stuff that tastes good.

I hate vegi burgers.

Yes, whenever I am grocery shopping for my daughter and myself, I think, "Hmmmmmmm, what kinds of foods should I buy to make us look refined and intelligent?"

We certainly don't want anything that tastes good! :eek: That would make us low life trailer trash! :lol:

You haven't LIVED until you've tasted my vegetarian lasagna, chili, vegetable soup, veggie burgers, quesadillas, veggie chicken casserole,,,,,,,,am I making you hungry yet? :eusa_drool:

Ukkkkkk.

[Just kidding]

The chicken is vegetarian chicken dear, meaning "fake" chicken. My daughter LOVES those 'fake' veg chicken nuggets and chicken strips for a snack. And I love the vegetarian BLT's I make, yummmmmmmmmmmmmy so good!

I don't know about the rest of you but I've been hungry to the point where the bark on trees started to look good. It is not a good feeling. Then your rational mind tells you that you are in the first stages of hunger driven madness. Military training will do that to you. Thanks Uncle Sam.
I eat whatever I have a hankering for. I don't complain about free food. And if I were throwing a party I would try to accommodate everyone (isn't that what a host is suppose to do?), or say to heck with it let's make it a potluck.

There are your more adventurous people, and then there are those who stick with what is familiar and comfortable.
Growing up ethnic and being exposed to a wide variety of cuisine may have biased my palate to skew liberal.
You have not lived until you have tried Korean cold noodle soup with wasabi oil. Be careful with that oil, a little goes a long way.

Recipe please! What exactly do I need to do to make that. Thanks, sounds delicious!

Ukkkkkk.

[Just kidding]

The chicken is vegetarian chicken dear, meaning "fake" chicken. My daughter LOVES those 'fake' veg chicken nuggets and chicken strips for a snack. And I love the vegetarian BLT's I make, yummmmmmmmmmmmmy so good!

You mean Faux chicken???

Forum List

Back