You Are What You Eat

why the confusion? the hot dogs have to be kosher too and made from kosher beef. :)

Sabretts!!!!!!!!! The best!!!!!!!

sabretts are great when they're dirty water dogs.

but i can't pick between hebrew national and nathans. (yes, i know nathans isn't kosher. lol..)

Agreed....Hebrew Nationals are what I grew up on but the Sabretts were sold at Yankee Stadium so I got a taste for them as well. Sabretts are best on the BBQ...I never tried Hebrew Nationals BBQ'd but boiled they are #1.

Sabretts!!!!!!!!! The best!!!!!!!

sabretts are great when they're dirty water dogs.

but i can't pick between hebrew national and nathans. (yes, i know nathans isn't kosher. lol..)

Agreed....Hebrew Nationals are what I grew up on but the Sabretts were sold at Yankee Stadium so I got a taste for them as well. Sabretts are best on the BBQ...I never tried Hebrew Nationals BBQ'd but boiled they are #1.

throw a Hebrew National on the grill next time you BBQ. Then tell me what you think.

They are really good boiled... but the top three are all good no matter how you make them.

Boiled hot dogs? :eek: Oh dear.

One has to char (read: BURN!) the hell out of them on a grill before the begin to approach edible.

Personally, I think boiling any hot dog, Hebrew National or not, is a crime against something. Such delicacies have to be seared close to very hot heat (grill - coals - broiler whatever) until piping hot throughout and the skin just not quite burnt. Mmmmm pure exquisiteness (is that a word?)

Personally, I think boiling any hot dog, Hebrew National or not, is a crime against something. Such delicacies have to be seared close to very hot heat (grill - coals - broiler whatever) until piping hot throughout and the skin just not quite burnt. Mmmmm pure exquisiteness (is that a word?)

No shit.. It makes it limp, and squishy, and...well..you know. Ugh. :D

Sorry...working class background...nothing went to waste. Same with the steamed clam water, spinach water, corn water....all of the damn water used in cooking.

Hey, we were working poor growing up but were never made to drink wiener water. We did eat a lot of fried balogna sandwiches though, which were pretty disgusting.

When I was a young teen, I baby sat a family where the kids often wanted Bologna & Peanut Butter Sammiches for lunch. I can't believe I made those things - the flashbacks have fortunately become less frequent.

When I was a young teen, I baby sat a family where the kids often wanted Bologna & Peanut Butter Sammiches for lunch. I can't believe I made those things - the flashbacks have fortunately become less frequent.

PB and bologna rocks!!! (No lie.)

Sorry...working class background...nothing went to waste. Same with the steamed clam water, spinach water, corn water....all of the damn water used in cooking.

Hey, we were working poor growing up but were never made to drink wiener water. We did eat a lot of fried balogna sandwiches though, which were pretty disgusting.

I was never forced to drink it either...it just happened one night when I had to clean the kitchen up...chores....

Forum List

Back