Zone1 Yes, we do have to "work" our way to Heaven

Where does the Torah talk about the Trinity?
Nowhere. But the Trinity isn’t a Gd. It’s Gd which, according to Christians, is divided into three. We say Gd is not divisible. But it’s the same Gd.

The idea that Jews pray to a different Gd is a falsity, peddled by antisemitic Christians.

Nowhere. But the Trinity isn’t a Gd. It’s Gd which, according to Christians, is divided into three. We say Gd is not divisible. But it’s the same Gd.

The idea that Jews pray to a different Gd is a falsity, peddled by antisemitic Christians.
just as you have a heart and a head and a body

There are 3 aspects to God

How can a god that is not divisible and a god that is divisible be the same god?
It's the Muslim who worship the same god, Shirley?
It’s the same Gd. We just don’t believe He is divisible. Christians think so.

Allah is also the same Gd.

How can a god that is not divisible and a god that is divisible be the same god?
It's the Muslim who worship the same god, Shirley?
Compared to God we have the intelligence level of an ant (if that).

There are many things about God we are not capable of understanding.

Sometimes they are. But there are many times we don't feel like doing anything for Christ. I guess Protestants would say: No problem! We are saved by faith!

Catholics would say... Time to get the old priorities straight
Yes, we ARE saved by faith and through the Grace of God, We can do nothing, absolutely nothing to earn salvation. We do give up rewards when we stop working, but salvation is a totally unearned gift. As I've explained, Godly works are the RESULT, not the CAUSE, of salvation.

Doing good works and having a relationship with Gd are not mutually exclusive!! Ask any observant Jew who focuses on doing mitzvot - Gd’s commandments.
Works without faith are dead. Like I've pointed out, there will be a lot of people at Judgement claiming they did great and marvelous things for God, and he will say He never knew them. Without faith it is impossible to please God.

But the Trinity isn’t a Gd. It’s Gd which, according to Christians, is divided into three. We say Gd is not divisible. But it’s the same Gd.
'Divided' doesn't quite explain it--and nothing seems able to! God is Father-Creator. God is Word. God is Wisdom-Spirit. All in One, not divisible. God cannot be who He is without being Creator, Word, Wisdom. Take a way any one (or divide) and God would not be.

Works without faith are dead. Like I've pointed out, there will be a lot of people at Judgement claiming they did great and marvelous things for God, and he will say He never knew them. Without faith it is impossible to please God.
Your opinion. Stop insulting other people’s religion as if only yours is the correct one. It’s arrogant. Just say “my religion teaches”…..or “I believe that….” which is much more polite.

Your opinion. Stop insulting other people’s religion as if only yours is the correct one. It’s arrogant. Just say “my religion teaches”…..or “I believe that….” which is much more polite.
This thread was started by a Catholic, therefore what I say is understood as being in the framework of Christianity. Now, how is it insulting or arrogant to simply state what the Bible teaches about works and salvation?

This thread was started by a Catholic, therefore what I say is understood as being in the framework of Christianity. Now, how is it insulting or arrogant to simply state what the Bible teaches about works and salvation?
My Bible doesn’t talk about salvation through mere “faith.” So we are coming at this from different Bibles.

The OP said good works are required for Heaven, and I agree with that. It’s what my religion teaches.

If you’d rather Jews drop out of the thread, I’m happy to do that. What I will not do is agree that faith alone will get you to Heaven.

My Bible doesn’t talk about salvation through mere “faith.” So we are coming at this from different Bibles.

The OP said good works are required for Heaven, and I agree with that. It’s what my religion teaches.

If you’d rather Jews drop out of the thread, I’m happy to do that. What I will not do is agree that faith alone will get you to Heaven.
What does your Bible say on the subject? Is it all about the Law? If so, how do you hope to attain heaven as you have broken it and do not give animal sacrifices for forgiveness of sin?

What does your Bible say on the subject? Is it all about the Law? If so, how do you hope to attain heaven as you have broken it and do not give animal sacrifices for forgiveness of sin?
Things have changed to comport with modern society, since it is against the law to kill animals. And nowhere does it say you have to meet ALL 613 mitzvot to get to Heaven.

You need to try to be the best person you can, do as many of Gd’s mitzvot as you can, ask forgiveness when you fail, and do better next time. Gd does not expect perfection; He knows we are human.

Things have changed to comport with modern society, since it is against the law to kill animals. And nowhere does it say you have to meet ALL 613 mitzvot to get to Heaven.

You need to try to be the best person you can, do as many of Gd’s mitzvot as you can, ask forgiveness when you fail, and do better next time. Gd does not expect perfection; He knows we are human.
Wait a minute, when did the Law change to no longer require blood for forgiveness of sin? It sounds like you're saying that the Law can just change if it's inconvenient in modern society.

Forum List

Back