Yes it's Science republicans

No warming? You need to improve your sources.

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-20%20at%2011.13.48%20AM.png

Ohhhhhhh big fucking deal.

imrs.jpg

It is becoming social dogma in America that progressivism is where the incapable and incompetent intersect. Nowhere is that more evident with this 10 year run of this narrative that Republicans don't know anything about science!! So.....10 years with this and what has it netted them??:oops-28:

dick

Here it is.......2016......and nobody in America is caring a hoot about the science. Its in every poll.......and its displayed in every projection on renewable energy you can find ( even Obama's EIA ). Fossil fuels will be dominating well past 2050......renewable energy is still a complete joke!! And people overwhelmingly think AGW is a fraud.

And here comes Trump to steamroll the EPA and climate science!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

So.....what was the OP saying again?????:deal:

No, the real question is are you (IR) willing and able to have an objective scientific discussion without allowing your political bigotry to intrude.

So, Todd, what do you think of the change in the rate of warming between, say 1750-1800 and 1960-2010? How do they compare?

No, the real question is are you (IR) willing and able to have an objective scientific discussion without allowing your political bigotry to intrude.

So, Todd, what do you think of the change in the rate of warming between, say 1750-1800 and 1960-2010? How do they compare?

Since you addressed me (IR) in the first para I will respond first. I am not a bigot, certainly not in a political sense. However with reference to scientific discussion, no, as I cannot and neither may you as I am assuming, neither of us are professionally involved in any science research of any sort. Opinions are fine but far from scientific theory or absolutes. Having interjected myself into this conversation I wish to say, with regards to the question asked of Todd, between 1750-1800 some years were warmer and some cooler. With reference 1960-2010, once again, some warmer, some cooler. But this is to be expected of any period of years. To put it in simple words, I feel Mother Nature is going to do as she wishes whether we like it or not. That includes dealing with all of our ground breaking involved in the sciences and technical knowledge. Blaming coal and fossil fuels may be harmful but then so is living without heat. That has been fact, not supposition since mankind gained the first instance of fire. Are you prepared for another stone age or would you rather, for now, freeze? I am not arguing with you but am simply pointing out that until cheap energy can be found for all mankind, should I have to, I will certainly burn coal as was the practice when I was born 77 years ago. Things such as science have progressed, certainly, however so has the population of this earth and I do not see how curtailing the nations which have progressed to this point will help those which have not as all have had the opportunity and help, had they requested the same.

Keep up with the technology, old man. Both wind and solar are cheaper to install than Coal, natural gas, or nuclear. And both require no further fuel, nor have poisonous byproducts. Overall, they are far cheaper, and a better choice for the developing nations.

No matter what you and the morons leading you say
Temperatures in the Arctic are predicted to rise nearly 50 degrees above normal from Thursday under the spell of a pre-Christmas heat wave. It means the frozen tundra is racing close to a melting point.

The surging warmth in the past two months has already left scientists jittery, as escalating temperatures are feared to hit ice formation or coverage next summer and bring it down to record low levels. More warming trends are hitting the region as a result of climate change effects.

Walt Meier, a NASA scientist at the Goddard Space Flight Center, said the current warmth is an offshoot of fluctuations in the jet stream that is passing frigid air to North America and parts of the Arctic.

Alarming Indicators
However, stark climate change indicators are setting off alarm bells. The record low polar sea ice is a big concern and the heat wave of November has led to the region losing 19,000 square miles of sea ice in less than a week, which was described as "almost unprecedented occurrence" by the National Snow and Ice Data Center.

There is worry that despite the North Pole lying in darkness after the Sun left in late October, high temperatures are going to reign the Christmas season.

- See more at: Arctic Forecast To Warm By As Much As 50 Degrees This Week

Arctic Forecast To Warm By As Much As 50 Degrees Th...
The rising spell of high warmth in the Arctic has unnerved scientists, who fear the jumping temperatures may lead to record-low ice coverage next summer....

View on www.techtimes.com
Preview by Yahoo
Eddie, it's called weather. Relax.

How do they compare?

You tell me. And then let me know, what the proper rate of change should be?
Should it be zero?

Keep up with the technology, old man. Both wind and solar are cheaper to install than Coal, natural gas, or nuclear. And both require no further fuel, nor have poisonous byproducts. Overall, they are far cheaper, and a better choice for the developing nations.

Both wind and solar are cheaper to install than Coal, natural gas, or nuclear.

LOL!

Both wind and solar are cheaper to install than Coal, natural gas, or nuclear.

LOL!
360x-1.jpg

A transformation is happening in global energy markets that’s worth noting as 2016 comes to an end: Solar power, for the first time, is becoming the cheapest form of new electricity.

This has happened in isolated projects in the past: an especially competitive auction in the Middle East, for example, resulting in record-cheap solar costs. But now unsubsidized solar is beginning to outcompete coal and natural gas on a larger scale, and notably, new solar projects in emerging markets are costing less to build than wind projects, according to fresh data from Bloomberg New Energy Finance.

The chart below shows the average cost of new wind and solar from 58 emerging-market economies, including China, India, and Brazil. While solar was bound to fall below wind eventually, given its steeper price declines, few predicted it would happen this soon.

“Solar investment has gone from nothing—literally nothing—like five years ago to quite a lot,” said Ethan Zindler, head of U.S. policy analysis at BNEF. “A huge part of this story is China, which has been rapidly deploying solar” and helping other countries finance their own projects.

Half the Price of Coal
This year has seen a remarkable run for solar power. Auctions, where private companies compete for massive contracts to provide electricity, established record after record for cheap solar power. It started with a contract in January to produce electricity for $64 per megawatt-hour in India; then a deal in August pegging $29.10 per megawatt hour in Chile. That’s record-cheap electricity—roughly half the price of competing coal power.

“Renewables are robustly entering the era of undercutting” fossil fuel prices, BNEF chairman Michael Liebreich said in a note to clients this week.

World Energy Hits a Turning Point: Solar That's Cheaper Than Wind

Yes, LOL. It has happened, and coal is simply done.

That must be why developing nations like China are falling all over themselves to use them. The wind and the sun are both cheap and efficient and and a breeze to install. Tell me, oh wise one, how many wind generators would it take to power China. How about solar panels, how many would it take to collect enough solar energy. How many more birds which the environmentalists are up in arms about would the turbines harvest for the food supply, assuming we eat scavengers, Old Rocks? You sound like a man with a Great Northern anus! You and your ilk are the laughing stock of industry, who by the way do keep track of these matters and are begging for cheaper energy to increase the bottom line and which you cry yourself to sleep lamenting, that very same bottom line. Or are you simply one who feels so badly about how your fellow man is being mistreated and abused? Nah, you do not strike me as a compassionate person, you have to be bottom liner. Get a job, duffer!

Forum List

Back