Yeah....Trump didn't fire comey.....this other guy did...

LOL Huckabee, eh? Spicer still hiding in the bushes? Or could the fellow finally not lie for the senile old orange clown.

You know, after watching the way Huckabee has been handling the press, and comparing it with the way that Spicer did, I'm thinking that Spicer is gonna be the next on the chopping block.

heh see post 94 - MTA perhaps :p

Nobody can stand up to continuously defending Trump's lies. They just wear out and die after a while.
That's why Sean Spicer is out for a bit.

He's on reserve duty, Navy as I understand it...

Could be, but when they start finding the president's spokesman hiding from reporters in the bushes, it's time to give him a break

You were going by what the white house told you. The problem with that is that Trump lies even to his on spokesmen. They go out and try to spread his version of events knowing that he might change everything he said at any time as if all his previous remarks just never existed. It has to be very frustrating for his spokesmen and for you.

You are conflating what the WH says and what the MEDIA SAYS.

If you can provide me a statement on the reason Comey was fired prior to the 5/10 statement from the WH that I linked - where it was very clearly stated that President Trump wanted him fired almost from day 1. Then please provide it. I haven't found anything but assumptions by the media on 5/9.
Too bad he didn't fire him back then. Then he could have avoided the appearance that he's trying to squash the ongoing investigation for illegal connections between his campaign and Russians.

It appears Comey asked President Trump to give him a chance - see the video I linked from the WH press brief on 5/10. Strike that it was the news video - NBC News' Lester Holt to interview President Trump President Trump gave him a chance and Comey failed to regain the trust of everyone. Shit happens like that sometimes.
That's according to Trump, who frankly, has no credibility himself.

I disagree with your assessment of President Trump's credibility. I believe he has been pretty honest with us. To each their own opinion there.

Regardless the argument being put forward is that Trump lied about "why" he fired Comey - which is not proven to be the case by any evidence I have seen.
Yea, alternate facts .. another dumb ass.

He truly might have obstructed justice... in his Lester Holt interview, President Trump made it clear that he fired Comey because of the Russian and possible criminal Trump Campaign worker's connection with the Russians, investigation.

That truly is not good, for the President....

There is no way, Trump is taking any advice from any lawyers of his before he speaks... I almost feel sorry for him....

Then you have Sessions NOT abiding to recuse himself from the Trump Campaign investigation and he signs on to a letter recommending the head of the investigation's firing.... this is just so careless and amateur hour, it is frightening and laughable at the same time.....

it's almost like, "God stupefied them" to reveal their true intentions to us....just mind blowing....

He truly might have obstructed justice... in his Lester Holt interview, President Trump made it clear that he fired Comey because of the Russian and possible criminal Trump Campaign worker's connection with the Russians, investigation.

That truly is not good, for the President....

There is no way, Trump is taking any advice from any lawyers of his before he speaks... I almost feel sorry for him....

Then you have Sessions NOT abiding to recuse himself from the Trump Campaign investigation and he signs on to a letter recommending the head of the investigation's firing.... this is just so careless and amateur hour, it is frightening and laughable at the same time.....

it's almost like, "God stupefied them" to reveal their true intentions to us....just mind blowing....
Yeah, it's looking like Trump may have just stepped on an IED on this one.

So, IOW, Trump gave the partisan democrats exactly what they were screaming they wanted, Comey gone because he mishandled Hillary's case. Now they're ticked because they got it.

Just goes to show that you never, ever, believe a partisan democrat's reasons for being mad. They're just going to be mad because they're partisan democrats.

But here's the thing. If you fire someone like that, you make the case. For instance, when Clinton fired Sessions in 1993, the DOJ spent 6 months building the case that he had to go for proven ethical lapses. So no one really questioned it when it happened. Furthermore, when questions were raised about Bill Clinton's ethical lapses, he went along with an appointment of a special investigator and later an IC.

Instead, Biff praised the crap out of Comey when he made Hillary look bad, and then fired him in a fit of pique when he said anything about Russia.

Bill Clinton fired his FBI director too, JS

Also, "I don't like him" is enough of a reason for the President to fire the director of the FBI. It has zip zero to do with the investigation and the attempts to make it appear to are just pathetic. Comey is still going to come in to testify if they need him to, the investigation wasn't being done by him, it was being done by FBI agents, and it will continue to be done.

Bill Clinton fired his FBI director too, JS

Also, "I don't like him" is enough of a reason for the President to fire the director of the FBI. It has zip zero to do with the investigation and the attempts to make it appear to are just pathetic. Comey is still going to come in to testify if they need him to, the investigation wasn't being done by him, it was being done by FBI agents, and it will continue to be done.
pathetic display, everclear.

Comey has been a edicated FBI employee fort decades serving his country. He deserved some respect.

Trump should have asked for his resignation privately.

Not call him names & publically fire him.

More proof Donald Trump is nothing but an ass.

Comey has been a edicated FBI employee fort decades serving his country. He deserved some respect.

Trump thinks he's still on the Apprentice. He probably pointed his finger like a gun when he handed that letter off to be delivered.

Practically everyone in the country but you partisan hypocrites felt that Comey had politicized the FBI, felt that he had messed up, felt that he had damaged the FBI's reputation as politically neutral and a host of other woes.

You folks look pathetic. You can choose to continue to dig your conspiracy theory hole and be buried in it, or you can look at reality. I don't really care what you choose to do, I'm just laughing my ass off about it.

Trump thinks he's still on the Apprentice. He probably pointed his finger like a gun when he handed that letter off to be delivered.

Comey didn't even find out from the letter first. He was giving a talk to a bunch of people when he saw it flash across the television screen, and he originally thought it was a mean spirited joke by the media.

Half an hour later, he found out it was true.

The reason the Trump administration is giving for the firing of James Comey is that the newly confirmed Deputy Attorney General, Rod Rosenstein recommended it.

Trump himself has put the lie to that claim.

How embarrassing for you. :lol:

Comey didn't even find out from the letter first. He was giving a talk to a bunch of people when he saw it flash across the television screen, and he originally thought it was a mean spirited joke by the media.

Half an hour later, he found out it was true.
Yep. Trump was too gutless to fire Comey to his face.

This is not "reality" TV. This is reality, and Trump can't handle it.

Maybe Trump thought that firing someone through the television was the way it's supposed to be done.

It's how he's fired people while they were on the Apprentice, so why should working in government be any different?

I mean, after all, the conservatives say that he's gonna be great because he's such a great businessman. And yeah, the way he's doing things is pretty much how a CEO who owns his own company would run things, but it doesn't work when it comes to running a country.

Running a business, you have the final say and no compromise is required. Running a country, you have to work with others and compromise is always required.

As I hear it, everyone thought Comey was in the office which is why they sent the dispatch to the office. Turns out he'd gone to this whatever (maybe he forgot to update his schedule idk) He was texted, but obviously was giving a speech at the moment so didn't read them. Oddity that happens.

(Rabbit hole conspiracy shit read at your own risk) One of the big rumors going around in the underweb is that they wanted to search Comey's stuff because of certain "under the table" agreements that were made so they needed to catch him by surprise. -- IDK this counters the other rumor that he was supposed to be in his office. We'll probably never know the truth damned intelligence secrets and all that stuff...

If you can provide me a statement on the reason Comey was fired prior to the 5/10 statement from the WH that I linked - where it was very clearly stated that President Trump wanted him fired almost from day 1. Then please provide it.
Your wish is my command:

After Trump fired Comey, White House staff scrambled to explain why
After Spicer spent several minutes hidden in the darkness and among the bushes near these sets, Janet Montesi, an executive assistant in the press office, emerged and told reporters that Spicer would answer some questions, as long as he was not filmed doing so. Spicer then emerged.

“Just turn the lights off. Turn the lights off,” he ordered. “We'll take care of this. ... Can you just turn that light off?”

Spicer got his wish and was soon standing in near darkness between two tall hedges, with more than a dozen reporters closely gathered around him. For 10 minutes, he responded to a flurry of questions, vacillating between light-hearted asides and clear frustration with getting the same questions over and over again.

The first question: Did the president direct Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein to conduct a probe of FBI Director James B. Comey?

As Spicer tells it, Rosenstein was confirmed about two weeks ago and independently took on this issue so the president was not aware of the probe until he received a memo from Rosenstein on Tuesday, along with a letter from Attorney General Jeff Sessions recommending that Comey be fired. The president then swiftly decided to follow the recommendation, notifying the FBI via email around 5 p.m. and in a letter delivered to the FBI by the president's longtime bodyguard. At the same time, the president personally called congressional leaders to let them know his decision. Comey learned the news from media reports.

“It was all him,” Spicer said of Rosenstein, as a reporter repeated his answer back to him. “That's correct — I mean, I can't, I guess I shouldn't say that, thank you for the help on that one. No one from the White House. That was a DOJ decision.”

If you can provide me a statement on the reason Comey was fired prior to the 5/10 statement from the WH that I linked - where it was very clearly stated that President Trump wanted him fired almost from day 1. Then please provide it.
Your wish is my command:

After Spicer spent several minutes hidden in the darkness and among the bushes near these sets, Janet Montesi, an executive assistant in the press office, emerged and told reporters that Spicer would answer some questions, as long as he was not filmed doing so. Spicer then emerged.

“Just turn the lights off. Turn the lights off,” he ordered. “We'll take care of this. ... Can you just turn that light off?”

Spicer got his wish and was soon standing in near darkness between two tall hedges, with more than a dozen reporters closely gathered around him. For 10 minutes, he responded to a flurry of questions, vacillating between light-hearted asides and clear frustration with getting the same questions over and over again.

The first question: Did the president direct Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein to conduct a probe of FBI Director James B. Comey?

As Spicer tells it, Rosenstein was confirmed about two weeks ago and independently took on this issue so the president was not aware of the probe until he received a memo from Rosenstein on Tuesday, along with a letter from Attorney General Jeff Sessions recommending that Comey be fired. The president then swiftly decided to follow the recommendation, notifying the FBI via email around 5 p.m. and in a letter delivered to the FBI by the president's longtime bodyguard. At the same time, the president personally called congressional leaders to let them know his decision. Comey learned the news from media reports.

“It was all him,” Spicer said of Rosenstein, as a reporter repeated his answer back to him. “That's correct — I mean, I can't, I guess I shouldn't say that, thank you for the help on that one. No one from the White House. That was a DOJ decision.”

I cannot read that article to confirm it's not media interpretation of Spicers words and I'm not subscribing to it sorry.

Was that before or /after/ this press brief where Trump's statement was officially put out? I don't know the time frame.

I also don't know if Spicer's got the scoop here, (nor do I know if that's actually what Spicer said according to this article due to the article being pay to view.) Spicer was on reserve duty maybe he hadn't talked to the President yet and just went with his assumption?

( As an aside I find the statement that Spicer wanted the lights off curious. I was immediately reminded; my Father, now a retired 5 star, used to have nights like that. My [ex]husband says it's probably from gas testing. He recalled it taking him a week to get past it back when he was in. Also, said he "got smoked in the long grass" [in Panama] "and some gringo fuck tried to shoot me" then he went to bed. Now I'm super curious but he doesn't like talking about his service time :/ )

--

I'm struggling to figure how why this even matters after giving it some thought, (aka before I realized the reason the media's doing it) I mean no one really cares when President Trump decided to can the dude. Was it back in January 2017 when he said he wasn't sure to the media, or was it two weeks ago as some other media person said, was it the day the AG and DAG made the recommendation, or was it from the beginning like President Trump said? Does it matter to anyone but you partisan hacks? Not really.

Reality is that the media folks want to paint this story that Comey is the only one investigating Russian collusion with Trump associates, but he wasn't, the FBI agents do that stuff. So Comey's firing changes nothing. It's just something to get ya'll liberals riled up.

Your wish is my command:

I cannot read that article to confirm it's not media interpretation of Spicers words and I'm not subscribing to it sorry.

Was that before or /after/ this press brief where Trump's statement was officially put out? I don't know the time frame.
As the link clearly shows, it was the NIGHT of the 9th and therefore clearly BEFORE the 10th, as any fool but a Trumpist could figure out.

And there it is again folks, when confronted with the truth the Right simply plays dumb and denies the facts. There were many many reporters present for Spicer's lies.

Here is a FOX affiliate saying the same thing, which clearly indicated that Spicer was Tuesday the 9th and Sanders was Wednesday the 10th:
White House struggles to straighten its story on Comey
WHOSE IDEA WAS THE MEMO?

Tuesday: "It was all him. No one from the White House. That was a DOJ decision," White House spokesman Sean Spicer said, laying the impetus for the memo building the case for Comey's firing on Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

Wednesday: "He did have a conversation with the deputy attorney general on Monday where they had come to him to express their concerns. The president asked that they put those concerns and their recommendation in writing, which is the letter that you guys have received," Sanders said, describing the president's instructions to Rosenstein and Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

edthecynic

Your link is a pay for view so no I can't see shit "clearly" because of the huge subscribe to read window that pops up over the article - as I very "clearly" noted in my response. Do feel free to pay partisan word games and try to make me out to be a hack though - asshole.

Look, I'm not in this to prove anything son I could give a shit either way, I'm only peripherally interested in this petty bickering between the right and left - like most American's.

What I see is Spicer was apparently mistaken. President Trump is the final authority, he says he's been thinking about it since day one. I've read an article from before he took office and he'd said he wasn't sure if he was going to fire Comey when he took office or not - much to the displeasure of many on both sides. President Trump reported that Comey said he wanted to stay on as Director. Trump let him but apparently (to everyone) Comey has not done /anything/ to restore trust in the American public (either side of the aisle) He's also been yelled at in the hearings for dragging his feet on providing requested information. He also just got caught in a lie regarding some shit in another hearing. It was apparently the last straw and down he goes.

It doesn't actually matter buddy. The investigation into Russia-Trump connections goes on, as does the rediculious investigation into "Russian" "influence" on the election, as well as the unmasking of citizens/leaking to the press. They all continue regardless. If /any/ of them stop without being "properly" concluded, then it's time to disband the entire FBI for being nothing more than political fucking attack dogs, and I guarantee you that NONE of the FBI agents want that shit.

Your link is a pay for view so no I can't see shit "clearly" because of the huge subscribe to read window that pops up over the article - as I very "clearly" noted in my response.
There is no pay to view window when I click on the link and I am NOT a subscriber.

Listen to Dobbs' 5/09/2017 question, "has this consideration in the firing of Director Comey been under way for some time?
Spicer: NO!

Forum List

Back