Yeah, There is No God

So, why is a flower needed where there is no bee to pollinate it or a human to appreciate it..?
Because bees are not the only animals which pollinate flowers. And animals are not the only method by which flowers are pollinated.

That was kind of a softball question, my man.

So, why is a flower needed where there is no bee to pollinate it or a human to appreciate it..?
Because bees are not the only animals which pollinate flowers. And animals are not the only method by which flowers are pollinated.

not so soft, ff ...

News | American Association for the Advancement of Science

A new timeline for insects shows that the creatures first evolved 479 million years ago — earlier than previously suspected — and that their appearance coincided with Earth's first land plants.

Flora wanted sex so they grew a flower ... the bees came first - the flower second.

not so soft, ff ...

A new timeline for insects shows that the creatures first evolved 479 million years ago — earlier than previously suspected — and that their appearance coincided with Earth's first land plants.

Flora wanted sex so they grew a flower ... the bees came first - the flower second.
I covered that. And flowers came before bees.

not so soft, ff ...

The flower, by about 10 to 120 million years.

I covered that. And flowers came before bees ...

Flowering Plants Article, Flowers Information, Facts -- National Geographic

Flowers have a way of doing that. They began changing the way the world looked almost as soon as they appeared on Earth about 130 million years ago, during the Cretaceous period. That's relatively recent in geologic time: If all Earth's history were compressed into an hour, flowering plants would exist for only the last 90 seconds.

ff, was that in indiana because everywhere else the bee appeared ~ 300 million years before the flower.

not so soft, ff ...

The flower, by about 10 to 120 million years.

I covered that. And flowers came before bees ...

Flowering Plants Article, Flowers Information, Facts -- National Geographic

Flowers have a way of doing that. They began changing the way the world looked almost as soon as they appeared on Earth about 130 million years ago, during the Cretaceous period. That's relatively recent in geologic time: If all Earth's history were compressed into an hour, flowering plants would exist for only the last 90 seconds.

ff, was that in indiana because everywhere else the bee appeared ~ 300 million years before the flower.
Not true. Better check that. That's when the first insects appeared.

The amount of information and engineering necessary to create a material being with a mind capable of pondering its existence is staggering.

Order from chaos is programmed into the laws of nature.

That rhetoric from the fundamentalist creation ministries is always worth a laugh.
The rhetoric from evolutionary websites is always worth some tempered consideration. The realization being they don't know everything and they certainly don't understand enough of what they do know.
The only way you could know ‘they don’t know everything’ if for you yourself to know everything. In competition with the Almighty are we?

"As I said. You know nothing of Gnostic Christian beliefs.” Not sure who posted that as the quotation software appears to have confused sources but not to worry.
We can detect some minimal doctrine but the writings we have are so opaque they often make The Book of Revelations read like a recipe book in comparison. To add to the difficulty we have the added problem of the eternal argument of which texts actually constitute a valid part of the ‘Gnostic gospels’ ( if we can even call them that.)
On the other hand a reading of the avialable texts, and significantly Rome’s reasons for rejecting them, shines a very dark light on the Roman Church and it’s struggle for political power.

Below I’ve copies a small excerpt from The Holy Book of the Great Invisible Spirit ( Translated Marvin Meyer .Publ’ Folio Society London MMVIII) 52.3-54.11

The two Coptic versions of the Holy Book of the Great Invisible Spirit are copies of independent translations of basically the same Greek text, both copies are heavily damaged, the one in CodexIV more than the one in Codex III, but enough survives in them to reconstruct about 90 percent of the text.

Partners and Attendants for the Luminaries

Partners for the attendants appeared by the will and good pleasure of the Father.

Memory, for the first, great Gamaliel,
love, for the second, great Gabriel,
peace, for the third, great Samblo,
life eternal for the fourth, great Abrasax.

Thus were the five realms of Eight completed, forty in all, as inexplicable power.
Thus great Self-Generated Word and the expression of the fullness of the Four Luminaries offered praise to

the Great invisible Unameable Virgin Spirit
the male virgin,
the great realm of Doxomedon,
the thrones in them,
the powers around them,
glories, authorities, and powers,
the triple-male Child,
the male virgin Youel,
Esphech, [54] master of glory and [child] of the child,
the crown of its glory,
all the Fullness,
all the glories that are there,
the infinite fullnesses and the unnameable realms

that they may call upon the Father of the fourth, along with the incorruptible generation, and call the seed of the Father the seed of great Seth.

Last edited:
Flowers came first.

The Beguiling History of Bees [Excerpt]

Apr 25, 2014 - Studies of the similarity of the DNA in wasps and bees suggest that the first bees appeared about 130 million years ago, 50 million years before the first known fossil bee, and probably very shortly after the first flowers evolved in the Cretaceous.

10/4 -

It's wrong and just a theory.

sure, sap = honey ... they just did not bumble to make it.

Flowers came first.

Apr 25, 2014 - Studies of the similarity of the DNA in wasps and bees suggest that the first bees appeared about 130 million years ago, 50 million years before the first known fossil bee, and probably very shortly after the first flowers evolved in the Cretaceous.

10/4 -

We'll see. Mine is a theory, too, so can't say you're absolutely wrong.

Think about this though. Bees are "social insects" that have extremely complex caste systems with a queen, workers and drones. Evolution of bees would require that the genes for the various castes and the genes for caste-specific behavior all appeared simultaneously, but to the contrary it requires long time. Thus, it would appear the flowers came first.

Last edited:
This June bee dance and the other amazing things they do didn't "evolve." They were CREATED to do exactly what they do. Amazing creatures. We have an awesome God!

This June bee dance and the other amazing things they do didn't "evolve." They were CREATED to do exactly what they do. Amazing creatures. We have an awesome God!
I’ll remember next time I get the giggles watching a room full of gay cowboys boot scooting.

Flowers came first.

10/4 -

Think about this though. Bees are "social insects" that have extremely complex caste systems with a queen, workers and drones. Evolution of bees would require that the genes for the various castes and the genes for caste-specific behavior all appeared simultaneously, but to the contrary it requires long time. Thus, it would appear the flowers came first.
Evolution of bees would require that the genes for the various castes and the genes for caste-specific behavior all appeared simultaneously, but to the contrary it requires long time. Thus, it would appear the flowers came first.

Thus, it would appear the flowers came first ...

the template for the honey bee, insect existed prior to the flower / nectar the metaphysical transformations would seemingly have had their lead with the flower - the timeline could possibly have been completed with the flowers first appearance not so likely for the bees development.

Flowers came first.

10/4 -

Evolution of bees would require that the genes for the various castes and the genes for caste-specific behavior all appeared simultaneously, but to the contrary it requires long time. Thus, it would appear the flowers came first.

the template for the honey bee, insect existed prior to the flower / nectar the metaphysical transformations would seemingly have had their lead with the flower - the timeline could possibly have been completed with the flowers first appearance not so likely for the bees development.
Well isn't that convenient....just wait for science to learn stuff, then snap fit this metaphysical hooha to it and claim you knew it all along...

Well isn't that convenient....just wait for science to learn stuff, then snap fit this metaphysical hooha to it and claim you knew it all along...

the insects were before the flower, ff the bumble bee as you correctly knew was not - ok. how the flower evolved and the insect template became a bumble bee is not the same discussion.

prove the metaphysical is - hooha, ff by defining the properties that constitute the physiology of living beings and its origin.

Forum List

Back