Yahweh and Allah. Are they moral and ethical Gods?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

Some say we cannot say or know, because it is all myth.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

I think they are wrong as men can judge actions.

I think we can at least know if Yahweh and Allah, and the religions they spawned, are good or evil.

Since God is a Man interpreting God’s words, believers all following a Man.

We invent our Gods and put them above us. But ultimately get all we know of God, and his morality from others around us. Priests and imams interpret and are the spokes in the religious communication network. Those priests and imams are teaching violence against their neighbor instead of love. I do not see that as ethical behavior for any moral religion.

From what you know of Yahweh and Allah, and the religions they have spawned, would you say that those two War loving Gods, as we also love it in their image, good Gods, or would you say they are something else?

Regards

DL

I think thr OP is using Christian precepts of a man god. However The Hebrew -Abrahamic teaching is non anthropromorphic.
Isaiah 42:8 we can't pray to any image of anything physical- Exodus 20:3-7 and Deuteronomy 5:8-10
God is not a man nor form-(Isaiah 2:22, 14:13, I Samuel 15:29, Numbers 23:19, and Hosea 11:9, Deuteronomy 4:11-12 and the 13 major principles of the Jewish faith based on the Rambam's teaching of "ain lo demus haguf ve'ayno guf" -- that Hashem has no physical form.)

In other words you might be thinking of the messenger (angel of the lord) or Lord (king) from the time to come who is the mediator of God who is merely a man with frailities like any other man. I had typed the secret of 88% spiritual light in Moshiach as 88% darkness in the fallen imposter. But the post botched.
Only Lucifer the fallen messiah was fallaciously deemed perfect
-Ezekiel 28:14-15
But as the verses states until you see the (88%) iniquities in his image created.
Remember his harlot mother was deemed immaculate and most Christians admit that's rubbish yet fail to note the same image creation in the Jesus character.
0ne day I'll leave the scroll source on the subject and reveal the full info that the past disclosed by symbolism that I already shared many times, that only the future could have known regarding 88%.

Yes. That's why I asked my question. While I'm not Jewish, I recognize from the Old Testament that Yahwey is a Hebrew word for God. I grew up learning that God was a spirit - not a man - and that spirit is within us. Very interesting, the Old Testament - I tend to lean more heavily on that than on the New Testament because the Old sets out what we need to know about how we should live our lives, the foods that are good and bad for us, it's also a very early history. It sets out crime and punishment ... and also the wealth of God's forgiveness.

I know I've stated that very simply. I've been through so many different Christian religious experiences ... I do believe in God ... but I still have questions about what I call the "Jesus thing."

Hanifism

one form of the monotheistic religious movement that arose in pre-Islamic Arabia; it was influenced by both Judaism and Christianity. The followers of Hanifism, who preached monotheism and asceticism, called for the abolition of tribal and local deities. Accepting neither Christianity nor Judaism entirely, they strove to create a relatively simple religious system that would be accessible to the inhabitants of Arabia of the sixth and early seventh centuries. Hanifism exerted a significant influence on early Islam. Its most active and consistent representative was the prophet Musaylimah, who died in 633.

In defining Creator/creation to it's most finite expression we can understand our place, purpose and morality without it being subjective.
A clue was as always in the name of the Holy city which carried "that Essence" we call God.
WE focus and gather and keep the city holy for a reason, it's to set it as a beacon, to recognize that everything we need is in that holy city's name. Like Cliff notes for the Bible is in the legend of how YeruShalem becomes the city of Shalom. The purpose in life is in the name, discerning right from wrong,good from evil is no longer subjective when you have that defined name.
Even the good cop bad cop story is in the name and legend of the holy city- like I said the ultimate cliff note to the book.
Shalem means completeness and wholeness & Stability.
Your purpose is to be all you could and should be=to be stable and completed.
Mankinds purpose and direction is to progress to be complete and whole aka EVOLVE to be all we could and should be.
That simple!
All understanding of
right and wrong acts,
good vs evil, depend on discerning is it towards or opposing that direction/path?

Sources for Shalem:
YeruShalem would carry the name. (1 Kings 11:36 &
in dead sea scrolls: Words of the Archangel Michael scroll 4Q529, 6Q23)
The Gemarah (Baba Batra 75) Tells us Jerusalem is named after G0D and is the place commemorating his name and essence. In Sefer D’varim (12:5, 11, 14, 18, 21; 14:23,24, 25; 15:20; 16:2, 6, 7, 11, 15, 16; 17:8, 10; 18:6; 26:2; 31:11).the place that I will choose to place "My Name". That is referring to YeruShalem because Sifri identifies the place which Hashem will choose (12:18) as “Yerushalayim”.

I really don't know that much about Judaism, but the time that I did spend attending Synagogue was good. Things made sense to me. Maybe I should find myself another good Rabbi!!

I think thr OP is using Christian precepts of a man god. However The Hebrew -Abrahamic teaching is non anthropromorphic.
Isaiah 42:8 we can't pray to any image of anything physical- Exodus 20:3-7 and Deuteronomy 5:8-10
God is not a man nor form-(Isaiah 2:22, 14:13, I Samuel 15:29, Numbers 23:19, and Hosea 11:9, Deuteronomy 4:11-12 and the 13 major principles of the Jewish faith based on the Rambam's teaching of "ain lo demus haguf ve'ayno guf" -- that Hashem has no physical form.)

In other words you might be thinking of the messenger (angel of the lord) or Lord (king) from the time to come who is the mediator of God who is merely a man with frailities like any other man. I had typed the secret of 88% spiritual light in Moshiach as 88% darkness in the fallen imposter. But the post botched.
Only Lucifer the fallen messiah was fallaciously deemed perfect
-Ezekiel 28:14-15
But as the verses states until you see the (88%) iniquities in his image created.
Remember his harlot mother was deemed immaculate and most Christians admit that's rubbish yet fail to note the same image creation in the Jesus character.
0ne day I'll leave the scroll source on the subject and reveal the full info that the past disclosed by symbolism that I already shared many times, that only the future could have known regarding 88%.

The Jewish oral tradition, which can overrule the written Torah, basically says that God is a man.

In this, Jewish thinking is quite close to Gnostic Christianity.

Regards
DL

Yes. That's why I asked my question. While I'm not Jewish, I recognize from the Old Testament that Yahwey is a Hebrew word for God. I grew up learning that God was a spirit - not a man - and that spirit is within us. Very interesting, the Old Testament - I tend to lean more heavily on that than on the New Testament because the Old sets out what we need to know about how we should live our lives, the foods that are good and bad for us, it's also a very early history. It sets out crime and punishment ... and also the wealth of God's forgiveness.

I know I've stated that very simply. I've been through so many different Christian religious experiences ... I do believe in God ... but I still have questions about what I call the "Jesus thing."

Jesus has been overrated and if you look at the morality of most of his teachings, you will see that he was just playing to his Roman creators.

Yet Christians do not analyse his morality and just focus on their prize of a free pass into heaven, at the cost of punishing the innocent instead of the guilty but of course, they forget that God demanded barbaric human sacrifice.

Regards
DL

I think we can at least know if Yahweh and Allah, and the religions they spawned, are good or evil.

We invent our Gods and put them above us. But ultimately get all we know of God, and his morality from others around us. Priests and imams interpret and are the spokes in the religious communication network. Those priests and imams are teaching violence against their neighbor instead of love. I do not see that as ethical behavior for any moral religion.

From what you know of Yahweh and Allah, and the religions they have spawned, would you say that those two War loving Gods, as we also love it in their image, good Gods, or would you say they are something else?

Regards

DL
If there is no God, there is no such thing as good and evil as their definitions are simply up to each individual. Tim McVeigh's definition of good and evil is just as valid as Mother Teresa's.

In addition, dominating and killing the weak should be the norm if there is no God. Only the strong must propagate the species.

Hanifism

one form of the monotheistic religious movement that arose in pre-Islamic Arabia; it was influenced by both Judaism and Christianity. The followers of Hanifism, who preached monotheism and asceticism, called for the abolition of tribal and local deities. Accepting neither Christianity nor Judaism entirely, they strove to create a relatively simple religious system that would be accessible to the inhabitants of Arabia of the sixth and early seventh centuries. Hanifism exerted a significant influence on early Islam. Its most active and consistent representative was the prophet Musaylimah, who died in 633.

Anything but idol worship, as accepted by most Christian and Muslims, is quite good.

Idol worship is a satanic practice and that is what Christianity and Islam is all about.

Regards
DL

I really don't know that much about Judaism, but the time that I did spend attending Synagogue was good. Things made sense to me. Maybe I should find myself another good Rabbi!!

Better to do some reading of the Gnostic Christian text.

Understanding the Gospel of Thomas is said to provide more insight that the whole Christian Bible.

I agree with that saying.

Regards
DL

Regards

DL
If there is no God, there is no such thing as good and evil as their definitions are simply up to each individual. Tim McVeigh's definition of good and evil is just as valid as Mother Teresa's.

In addition, dominating and killing the weak should be the norm if there is no God. Only the strong must propagate the species.

What creates the fittest is their gnome. The physically weak could hold the key to a longer life.

If we were a less intelligent species then sure, physical strength would be what we would cherish.

Happily for us, we are intelligent enough even with our birth instincts to know that good action and cooperation are better for us than competition.

Regards
DL

Regards

DL

What creates the fittest is their gnome. The physically weak could hold the key to a longer life.

If we were a less intelligent species then sure, physical strength would be what we would cherish.

Happily for us, we are intelligent enough even with our birth instincts to know that good action and cooperation are better for us than competition.

Regards
DL
My gnome keeps me fit.
image.jpeg

And no, every thing on earth is built upon the strong removing the weak from the gene pool.

Regards

DL

Regards
DL
My gnome keeps me fit.
View attachment 73665

And no, every thing on earth is built upon the strong removing the weak from the gene pool.

Correct. Cooperation is a strength and that is why we are such a massive and strong species.

We are the physically weakest species on the planet and our strength comes from cooperation and not the competition you seem to think is what makes us strong.

Listen. Learn.

Regards
DL

Greatestlam:
The land of Canaan had 2 paths.
Worship of Baal and his dying son the morning star and worship of Shalem.
When Abraham travelled over the river(term Hebrew) from Ur to Canaan learned about Shalem through the Malakh tsadek. Abraham and his sons where offspring of Shem thus Shemites (Semites)and in inspiration were Shalemites. So Jews and Muslims are Evening Star inspired through ties to Abraham (Ibrahim) while Christianity is inspired by Baal worship when Rome simply masked Baal with a Judaic image as the son(morning star) who is still his father simply masked behind a new name.
Yhwh has nothing to do with Christianity otherwise why would Christians spens millions trying to convert Yhwh worshipers away from Yhwh over to this morning star?-Rev 22:16
And why would they call Jehovah's Witnesses not Christian?

Furthermore just because groups get the same inspiration doesn't mean they all utilize it the same or properly.
Take a scalpel for example:
the designer designs this scalpel to slice perfect incisions, makes it to perform sucessful surgeries. In the hands of a studied man as a Dr. it's used to improve & save lives. That same scalpel however, in the hands of a destructive personality might be used to comit crimes like robbing someone or harming and taking their life through stabbing or slashing them.
So that same fashioned tool can be used for good or evil. Same with books or religions that use texts to learn through.
Each individual or sect group can share the same tools yet use it or abuse it based on where they are in spirit as a builder or destroyer. This is why behavior science, Psychology, social sciences, group behavior is just as important o study as is theology and philosphies, so that we understand the dynamics of what we believe, how we believe or use it, how we act and react through group dynamics in processing these things, and how that effects what we process etc.

Regards

DL

Regards
DL
My gnome keeps me fit.
View attachment 73665

Correct. Cooperation is a strength and that is why we are such a massive and strong species.

We are the physically weakest species on the planet and our strength comes from cooperation and not the competition you seem to think is what makes us strong.

Listen. Learn.

Regards
DL

Really?
Define evil for us.

What religion do you think Yahweh spawned?

Regards
DL

Always the same game in history. Boring. Remembers me why I called once Stalin and Hitler the left and right jawbone of the devil.

First: The god of Jews, Christians and Muslims is the same god. We are monotheists. If there is only one god then it can be only the same god. That's completly independent what someone thinks about god.

Second: I would say the arabian devils and the anglo-american sheitans are fighting together with each other against everyone they don't like to understand - for their own "freedom"="might and money". The english speaking world is famous to fight with every dictator against christian structures or against democratic structures in the world. The only thing what Christians seem to have to do any longer seems to be to die out as fast as possible - and if Christians are not fast enough to die out, then lots of assholes - ah sorry: people - try to help to let die out Christians a little faster and sooner. About a hundred years ago - before world war 1 - 1/4-1/3 of the inhabitants of 'Asia minor' were Christians. Or more than 2000 years long lived Christians in the Iraq - lots of them used even the aramaic language Jesus spoke once - before the USA attacked this country on no reason to do so. How many Christians live today in Turkey? How many live in the Iraq? Who helps to transform a growing turkish democracy into a new dictatorship because of such unimportant things like air bases? ...

Last edited:

Also a good rabbi makes mistakes and only the peace of the own soul is able to create the peace of the world. But where comes peace from in the origin?

Slalom :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back