Yahoo says election tied...right

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...p_on_el_pr/president_ap_poll&cid=694&ncid=716

Here is a paragraph that really stuck out:

The country is looking for a real leader — an FDR or a Kennedy," said Warren Hutchinson, an independent from Massachusetts who leans toward Kerry. "There don't seem to be any on the horizon."

An FDR or Kennedy? Im supposed to believe this guy is independent? right....

Neither candidate has been able to gain a clear advantage. In the survey of 976 likely voters, Democrats Kerry and Sen. John Edwards (news - web sites) had 49 percent, compared to 46 percent for Republicans Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney (news - web sites). That's within the margin of error of 3 percentage points for the poll conducted Oct. 18-20.

Why do i have a feeling this poll was taken in Massechusetts or something.

Also why dont they poll more than 1000 people. i mean do they really think only 1000 people are going to reflect what the nation is thinking?

BTW this is the same poll the Dems at DU think is showing the right wing media bias from yahoo. Apparently Bush isnt losing in landslide proportions so they are right wing. This election is going to be so sweet. 11 days!

Bill O'Reilly shared a few scientifically taken polls that show Bush up 49-46, still within the margin of error. He also read letters from dozens of people accusing him of bias, and only half of them said it was a conservative bias. He seemed amused that all these people saw the same show, but half thought he was a strong conservative and the other half thought he was 'such a liberal.'

The media polls are a sham. They show their boy being in the lead because the common folk tend to side with the perceived winner.

Hobbit said:
Bill O'Reilly shared a few scientifically taken polls that show Bush up 49-46, still within the margin of error. He also read letters from dozens of people accusing him of bias, and only half of them said it was a conservative bias. He seemed amused that all these people saw the same show, but half thought he was a strong conservative and the other half thought he was 'such a liberal.'

The media polls are a sham. They show their boy being in the lead because the common folk tend to side with the perceived winner.

Seriously.. WHO THE HELL are these guys Polling? I don't know anyone who's ever been polled... and really.. if you're THAT unfreakindecided this close to an election you have no busines voting IMO.. :p

-Cp said:
Seriously.. WHO THE HELL are these guys Polling? I don't know anyone who's ever been polled... and really.. if you're THAT unfreakindecided this close to an election you have no busines voting IMO.. :p

Well, in my little neck of the woods, they appear to have polled a Mr. Tracy, and a Miss (or Ms.) Poppins.

-Cp said:

I've been polled before. Plus the averge poll is about 1000 people. Chances are you won't know anyone who gets polled.

I've been polled twice (please, no homo-jokes)...one State...one Federal. Mary got polled last week (again, no sex jokes, please :p: )

Forum List

Back