X-rays, MRIs, and Ultrasounds – an Explanation

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
4DF8E5B900000578-0-image-a-26_1530874418334.jpg

During my recent hospital stay, I had all three. Along with a few others to include the heart monitor my cardiologist gifted me with. So it’s really neat to read how each works and what the doctors and techs can learn from them.

Sometimes more than one major medical imaging techniques is required

We can be overwhelmed when we see how complicated some equipment is

An expert explains how the most common scans work and what they are used for

Read the explanations @ Having a scan? Here’s how the different types work | Daily Mail Online

During my recent hospital stay, I had all three. Along with a few others to include the heart monitor my cardiologist gifted me with. So it’s really neat to read how each works and what the doctors and techs can learn from them.

Read the explanations @ Having a scan? Here’s how the different types work | Daily Mail Online

We don't need to learn about such things in Canada, you don't get any of them. Or if you do, it's the most useless one and you suffer for a few more years.

Unless of course, you're the family member of a government patsy.

We don't need to learn about such things in Canada, you don't get any of them. Or if you do, it's the most useless one and you suffer for a few more years.

You don't need to kow about them here either as they are used when necessary. Canada use them as necessary too.

You don't need to kow about them here either as they are used when necessary. Canada use them as necessary too.

You can wait 2+ years for one in Canada. By that time it isn't necessary as you have often passed away by that point.

No, they don't. Canada uses them when they can fit you in, assuming you haven't died of something while waiting. Last time I checked, Canada averaged about 5 MRI machines for every 1 million people in the population.

You can wait 2+ years for one in Canada. By that time it isn't necessary as you have often passed away by that point.

My youngest son hurt his neck and gave himself whiplash while playing. The doctor decided, given the location of the injury and how much pain he was in, that he should have an MRI to be certain he hadn't damaged something that would only show up down the line, after it was irreversible. Two hours later, we had the results and could be sure my kid was okay, and it only took that long because they were performing another MRI first.

No chance that level of preventative medicine would have happened if we lived in Canada.

Thanks, I just had the same bunch of stuff done like that. No one explained it so I could understand it. Well at lease the Doctor told me how I would die.

My youngest son hurt his neck and gave himself whiplash while playing. The doctor decided, given the location of the injury and how much pain he was in, that he should have an MRI to be certain he hadn't damaged something that would only show up down the line, after it was irreversible. Two hours later, we had the results and could be sure my kid was okay, and it only took that long because they were performing another MRI first.

No chance that level of preventative medicine would have happened if we lived in Canada.
Don't know but I heard that some people from Canada have been coming across the border for stuff like that...

Hilly has been trying to get us the same good deal here.

Thanks, I just had the same bunch of stuff done like that. No one explained it so I could understand it. Well at lease the Doctor told me how I would die.

Let me guess. It involved your heart not beating, your lungs not breathing, and your brain no longer putting out electricity.

Don't know but I heard that some people from Canada have been coming across the border for stuff like that...

When we have at least 4-5 times more equipment and trained personnel to use it? Yeah, not surprising.

When we have at least 4-5 times more equipment and trained personnel to use it? Yeah, not surprising.

And at least 4-5x the demand, so why can't the great Canadian healthcare system do it's job?

Hallway Healthcare. "Better you just pass on and make room for one of the good people who need healthcare"

I justed a story today of a woman who died from Meningitis, again by subpar doctors and a desire to avoid tests due to costs. The privilege of "free" healthcare that you never get to use as you expire. It's absurd and very routine here.

And at least 4-5x the demand, so why can't the great Canadian healthcare system do it's job?

Hallway Healthcare. "Better you just pass on and make room for one of the good people who need healthcare"

I justed a story today of a woman who died from Meningitis, again by subpar doctors and a desire to avoid tests due to costs. The privilege of "free" healthcare that you never get to use as you expire. It's absurd and very routine here.

So I've heard.

Forum List

Back