WTH is in charge?

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
US general says troop surge in Middle East may not end soon

Despite President Donald Trump’s pledge to bring troops home, the top U.S. commander in the Middle East on Thursday said the most recent forces to enter the region could be there for “quite a while.”

“There’s only a finite number of dollars, a finite number of troops, so I’ve got to figure out, where is the best place to put them? I’ve articulated in the past that I want to either return forces to the States to improve their readiness, or redeploy others” to the IndoPacific, Esper said.

Trump has argued that the U.S. must get out of the “endless wars” in the Middle East. But he has also singled out Iran as a malign influence in the region, and after the Iranian missile strikes, was quick to threaten revenge.

I guess civilians are no longer in control of the military- or are they? If so who?

Per the constitution:

The Powers of the President

According to Article II of the Constitution the President has the following powers:

• Serve as commander in chief of the armed forces

Assassinating Qassem Soleimani and drawing down troops stationed around Iran are mutually exclusive ... The Donald's not going to punch the neighborhood bully in the nose and run away ... after this fist-fight, we'll bring the troops home ...

The full quote: “I’m not sure how long you’re going to stay in the theater. We’ll work that out as we go ahead. Could be quite a while, could be less than that, just don’t know right now.” -- Marine Gen. Frank McKenzie

When was the last time the RNC or the DNC nominated an actual anti war POTUS candidate?

US general says troop surge in Middle East may not end soon

Despite President Donald Trump’s pledge to bring troops home, the top U.S. commander in the Middle East on Thursday said the most recent forces to enter the region could be there for “quite a while.”

“There’s only a finite number of dollars, a finite number of troops, so I’ve got to figure out, where is the best place to put them? I’ve articulated in the past that I want to either return forces to the States to improve their readiness, or redeploy others” to the IndoPacific, Esper said.

Trump has argued that the U.S. must get out of the “endless wars” in the Middle East. But he has also singled out Iran as a malign influence in the region, and after the Iranian missile strikes, was quick to threaten revenge.

I guess civilians are no longer in control of the military- or are they? If so who?

Per the constitution:

The Powers of the President

According to Article II of the Constitution the President has the following powers:

• Serve as commander in chief of the armed forces
Shocker, Trump lied again...just keeps giving me reasons to not support him for reelection.

Forum List

Back