WTF. Our marines were NOT allowed Live AMMO at the embassy and now people are dead

Well, with the exception that Reagan had the brains to recognize that the politics of Muslims are completely irrational and got our asses out of Lebanon.
Whom do you think was sufficiently dim-witted to send a platoon of Marine infantry, an amphibious assault force, into a situation which called for a platoon of Army MPs? Waddya know -- it was your demented hero, Ronald Reagan, the movie actor. The same corporatist nitwit who said "Oops" when that platoon of Marines was wiped out (by a single truck bomb), changed the subject and quietly turned tail and got the hell out of where he should not have gone in the first place.

"If this is true. If this is true."

When did truth matter to you idiotic right-wing jackwagons?

It's funny, how the ODS kooks here are just so damn stupid. They instantly believe any stupid lie about Obama, no matter how dumb it is. Literally, I've seen 5-year-olds with more common sense than this bunch.

Funnier yet, is that even after their BS is proven to be BS, they refuse to admit they were duped. Instead, they double down on "lying" and "stupid", thinking that if they only pout and scream enough, the stupid lie they fell for will magically become true.

Again, let's go over what the marines actually say.
---
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 4:55 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen-

The following information is provided regarding Marine involvement in the recent actions in Egypt and Libya:

Egypt:
-The Ambassador did not impose restrictions on weapons or weapons status on the Marine Corps Embassy Security Group (MCESG) detachment. The MCESG Marines in Cairo were allowed to have live ammunition in their weapons. The Ambassador and Regional Security Officer have been completely and appropriately engaged with the security situation. Reports of Marines not being able to have their weapons loaded per direction from the Ambassador are not accurate.
---

So, either the spineless wonders of the right here need to put their big girl pants on and openly state that the memo is forged, or they should have the decency to slink away in disgrace, back into their slimy crevices. Don't worry, they'll crawl out again when they're ready to fall for another big lie.

Maj Alex Cross? really? Who did he write to Col. James Patterson?

Libya:

-Contrary to open source reporting, there are no Marines currently stationed at the Embassy in Tripoli, or the Consulate in Benghazi."

So there was no Marine guard at the consulate in Benghazi! The America defenders were consulate staff

The reports talks about Cairo, not Libya.

But it would explain why we have a dead Ambassador in Libya

Wasn't the Ambassador killed by a rocket grenade being fired at the Embassy grounds? Damn....the Marines could have shot it out of the sky.

If he was killed by a rocket grenade, explain how the boy was completely intact when the paraded it around the streets. There are already pictures of this posted on this board, so I will not do so here.

Wasn't the Ambassador killed by a rocket grenade being fired at the Embassy grounds? Damn....the Marines could have shot it out of the sky.

If he was killed by a rocket grenade, explain how the boy was completely intact when the paraded it around the streets. There are already pictures of this posted on this board, so I will not do so here.

I believe the last report I saw was he died of smoke inhalation when the house went up in flames.

I remember pulling guard duty with a rifle and one twenty round magazine. We were also issued two rounds of live ammunition to round out our kit. We were then ordered to under no circumstance to insert the two live rounds into the magazine they were to be put into one of our socks. The empty magazine was not allowed to be inserted into the rifles magazine well at anytime and was to be buttoned into a rear pocket of our BDU pants. Then we were ready to go.

that's fucked.

It's funny, how the ODS kooks here are just so damn stupid. They instantly believe any stupid lie about Obama, no matter how dumb it is. Literally, I've seen 5-year-olds with more common sense than this bunch.

Funnier yet, is that even after their BS is proven to be BS, they refuse to admit they were duped. Instead, they double down on "lying" and "stupid", thinking that if they only pout and scream enough, the stupid lie they fell for will magically become true.

Again, let's go over what the marines actually say.
---
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 4:55 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen-

The following information is provided regarding Marine involvement in the recent actions in Egypt and Libya:

Egypt:
-The Ambassador did not impose restrictions on weapons or weapons status on the Marine Corps Embassy Security Group (MCESG) detachment. The MCESG Marines in Cairo were allowed to have live ammunition in their weapons. The Ambassador and Regional Security Officer have been completely and appropriately engaged with the security situation. Reports of Marines not being able to have their weapons loaded per direction from the Ambassador are not accurate.
---

So, either the spineless wonders of the right here need to put their big girl pants on and openly state that the memo is forged, or they should have the decency to slink away in disgrace, back into their slimy crevices. Don't worry, they'll crawl out again when they're ready to fall for another big lie.

link to the source of your information, or it's bullshit.

Apparently it's as bad as not having live ammo, they were never at the Consulate Security was left to the Local Macacas

I believe the last report I saw was he died of smoke inhalation when the house went up in flames.

however it happened, it certainly wasn't a rocket grenade.

The marines and military had live ammo at Lebannon and 241 died, most of them in bed.
False premise.

The premise is: the marines and military had live ammo at Lebannon and 241 died, most of them in bed.
If the premise is false and you cannot point out the fallacy then perhaps don't post. .
It's not so much a false premise as it is a mistaken premise.

Reagan's purpose for sending troops into Lebanon was that of a peace-keeping mission, similar to the purpose usually served by UN troops. But Reagan, being primarily a movie actor who never served in the military, attended to his purpose with a "Send in the Marines" mentality, which was a fatal error.

A Marine infantry company is an amphibious assault force for whom a "peace-keeping" (police) mission is an utterly alien concept. A company of Army MPs would have better understood the situation, anticipated the prospect of a terrorist infiltration and taken defensive measures.

The bottom line is you don't send police to put out fires, you don't send firemen to patrol picket lines, you don't send Army MPs to assault a fortified position, and you don't send Marine Infantry to keep the peace.

Last edited:

Why do you keep repeating things that aren't true? His body wasn't paraded around the streets.

From the Time article posted somewhere on this thread:
UPDATE II: The Marines said late Thursday that any reports “of Marines not being able to have their weapons loaded per direction from the ambassador are not accurate.”

As I suspected, nothing but a rumor swallowed whole by a bunch of people that think marines are acting against the best interest of their country.

If only I could neg the op again.

From the Time article posted somewhere on this thread:
UPDATE II: The Marines said late Thursday that any reports “of Marines not being able to have their weapons loaded per direction from the ambassador are not accurate.”

As I suspected, nothing but a rumor swallowed whole by a bunch of people that think marines are acting against the best interest of their country.

If only I could neg the op again.

Marines are paid by the government...so they must be lazy and useless.

Forum List

Back