WTF is this? I can't vote Repub in Calif for POTUS?

Look at who is required to re-register. They want to open the door for independent Trump challengers and close the door to alternatives to the DNC's criminal of choice.

Nobody is required to re-register. Three political parties (Republican, Green, Peace & Freedom) each decided that only registered party members can vote in their respective Presidential primary, as is their right to do so. If somebody who is registered as "No Party Preference" (such as myself currently) wishes to vote for one of their candidates, it is incumbent for me to re-register to voice my choice, and that is my responsibility.

If a NPP voter chooses to remain NPP, nothing changes. An NPP voter will either not have a vote for President in the primary, as has been in the case in the past, or they can choose the ballot of American Independent, Democratic, or Libertarian to vote for a Presidential candidate. There really isn't anything sinister about this. It's the way the parties chose to conduct their own interests for primary elections.
I know all of that but I didn't see anywhere in the thread where Gracie said she was not already a registered Republican. If I missed it, I stand corrected.
I am. Which is why I was confused to have to RE register AGAIN.

You weren’t. If you got the letter, you weren’t registered as a Republican.

Just got a notice in the mail that I HAVE to fill out in order to vote for POTUS. But...it only lists 3 choices: American Independent, Democratic, Libertarian. Thats it.
What some of it says:

To vote in the Presidential Primary for the Green, Peace and Freedom, or Republican Party, you must re-register to vote with one of those parties.

I heard somewhere that California was not even going to put Trump as a choice on the ballot. WTF? Since when are our votes not allowed for any certain party??? Is this legal?
/——/ I read keeping Trump off the ballot was struck down by the USSC, but the part about re-registering Republican is something new. I expect lawsuits in the making.

Republicans are not letting independents vote in their primary. If you want to vote in the Republican primary, you must register Republican. There are no lawsuits for being stupid, sorry.
In MA, as an Independent I may pick one or the other in terms of primary voting but not both. Then again our state is better than CA.

:auiqs.jpg:

That's like saying vomit is better than diarrhea.

Just got a notice in the mail that I HAVE to fill out in order to vote for POTUS. But...it only lists 3 choices: American Independent, Democratic, Libertarian. Thats it.
What some of it says:

To vote in the Presidential Primary for the Green, Peace and Freedom, or Republican Party, you must re-register to vote with one of those parties.

I heard somewhere that California was not even going to put Trump as a choice on the ballot. WTF? Since when are our votes not allowed for any certain party??? Is this legal?
/——/ I read keeping Trump off the ballot was struck down by the USSC, but the part about re-registering Republican is something new. I expect lawsuits in the making.

Republicans are not letting independents vote in their primary. If you want to vote in the Republican primary, you must register Republican. There are no lawsuits for being stupid, sorry.
In MA, as an Independent I may pick one or the other in terms of primary voting but not both. Then again our state is better than CA.

Really, dickhead. Compare colleges and hospitals in MA vs Cali. Compare sports teams. Compare the fact that we don’t have people pooping in the streets. Bring it, loser. Boston is the beast of the East.

What some of it says:

Really, dickhead. Compare colleges and hospitals in MA vs Cali. Compare sports teams. Compare the fact that we don’t have people pooping in the streets. Bring it, loser. Boston is the beast of the East.

Yeah, yeah. . . . the entire nation knows the Deep State blood sucking leeches in Boston, LA, SF, NY and the DC area are robbing the nation. . . . best enjoy it while you can. . .

giphy.gif

What some of it says:

You're fine. They are just saying that to vote in those parties PRIMARIES you have to register with them. But you can vote in the GENERAL election for whoever you want to.

But what the heck, register as a Republican anyway, so that you can choose future GOP candidates

Yeah, yeah. . . . the entire nation knows the Deep State blood sucking leeches in Boston, LA, SF, NY and the DC area are robbing the nation. . . . best enjoy it while you can. . .

giphy.gif
What? You’re an idiot. Then again we did elect Liz Warren. Our bad.

What some of it says:

Sounds like VOTER SUPPRESSION

giphy.gif

I'm an idiot because you can't understand a basic principal? The government, banking and corporate sectors are robbing the productive capacity of the working men and women of the nation, and the only response you have, is, "You’re an idiot."

It is well known, that a healthy society depends on a strong, productive middle class. Yet the limousine liberals, and the wealthy Neo-conservatives agree on one thing, destroying the small businesses and the small farms that are the power house and the engines productivity in this nation, is just fine with them.

The very thing that got Trump elected, is the life blood that give cities like Boston their rich life styles.

You brag about how great it is out in Boston, but it wouldn't be shit with out the farms, the mines, and the factories, the fisheries and truckers hauling the products to markets throughout the nation.

How long will folks put up with these elites robbing them do you suppose? :dunno:

As you can see in the map below, many people in the bright blue urban centers, like Los Angeles and Washington, DC, make over $100,000.
5a9efeb95cc410d2058b4608

Striking maps reveal the huge wealth gap between American cities and the rest of the country

Wealth, Income, and Power
by G. William Domhoff
Power in America
Who Rules America: Wealth, Income, and Power

I see threads on this forum all the time about a "civil war," but I am not sure folks really quite understand where the battle fields will be. If there is one, YOU are sitting on it buddy.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

giphy.gif

I'm an idiot because you can't understand a basic principal? The government, banking and corporate sectors are robbing the productive capacity of the working men and women of the nation, and the only response you have, is, "You’re an idiot."

It is well known, that a healthy society depends on a strong, productive middle class. Yet the limousine liberals, and the wealthy Neo-conservatives agree on one thing, destroying the small businesses and the small farms that are the power house and the engines productivity in this nation, is just fine with them.

The very thing that got Trump elected, is the life blood that give cities like Boston their rich life styles.

You brag about how great it is out in Boston, but it wouldn't be shit with out the farms, the mines, and the factories, the fisheries and truckers hauling the products to markets throughout the nation.

How long will folks put up with these elites robbing them do you suppose? :dunno:

As you can see in the map below, many people in the bright blue urban centers, like Los Angeles and Washington, DC, make over $100,000.
5a9efeb95cc410d2058b4608

Striking maps reveal the huge wealth gap between American cities and the rest of the country

by G. William Domhoff
Power in America

I see threads on this forum all the time about a "civil war," but I am not sure folks really quite understand where the battle fields will be. If there is one, YOU are sitting on it buddy.

giphy.gif
Too long. Learn to be concise and relevant. You just wasted your time typing all that. You’re my bitch.

giphy.gif

5a9efeb95cc410d2058b4608

by G. William Domhoff
Power in America

giphy.gif
Too long. Learn to be concise and relevant. You just wasted your time typing all that. You’re my bitch.
adhd_o_1593119.jpg

What some of it says:

California is a Communist police state,

We are no longer part of the United States, not really.

What some of it says:

CA made it a law that you have to release your tax returns to be on their presidential ballot.

Sorry about your luck.

California doesn't have the authority to revoke the 4th Amendment to the Constitution. This is a Scofflaw police state run by Communist fucks, but even with that, there is only so much these scum can get away with.

giphy.gif

5a9efeb95cc410d2058b4608

by G. William Domhoff
Power in America

giphy.gif
adhd_o_1593119.jpg
Self portrait

What some of it says:

Sounds like VOTER SUPPRESSION

Only to stupid people.

Look at who is required to re-register. They want to open the door for independent Trump challengers and close the door to alternatives to the DNC's criminal of choice.

Nobody is required to re-register. Three political parties (Republican, Green, Peace & Freedom) each decided that only registered party members can vote in their respective Presidential primary, as is their right to do so. If somebody who is registered as "No Party Preference" (such as myself currently) wishes to vote for one of their candidates, it is incumbent for me to re-register to voice my choice, and that is my responsibility.

If a NPP voter chooses to remain NPP, nothing changes. An NPP voter will either not have a vote for President in the primary, as has been in the case in the past, or they can choose the ballot of American Independent, Democratic, or Libertarian to vote for a Presidential candidate. There really isn't anything sinister about this. It's the way the parties chose to conduct their own interests for primary elections.
I know all of that but I didn't see anywhere in the thread where Gracie said she was not already a registered Republican. If I missed it, I stand corrected.
I am. Which is why I was confused to have to RE register AGAIN.

If I may ask, Gracie, what county do you reside in?
I saw a report in the San Francisco Chronicle that Contra Costa County had a big muck-up with their registration...

Computer glitch wiped out tens of thousands of California voters' party preference
Computer glitch wiped out tens of thousands of California voters' party preference

Regardless, you can always check with your local county ROV to see how they have you registered.

ADDENDUM: You can also check at the California Secretary of State's website...
My Voter Status - California Secretary of State
Yuba County. Was in Butte Co before the fire.

giphy.gif

5a9efeb95cc410d2058b4608

by G. William Domhoff
Power in America

giphy.gif
adhd_o_1593119.jpg
Self portrait
Coward.

5a9efeb95cc410d2058b4608

by G. William Domhoff
Power in America

giphy.gif
adhd_o_1593119.jpg
Self portrait
Coward.
Why are you so self deprecating?

5a9efeb95cc410d2058b4608

by G. William Domhoff
Power in America

giphy.gif
adhd_o_1593119.jpg
Self portrait
Coward.
Why are you disingenuous?

adhd_o_1593119.jpg
Self portrait
Coward.
Why are you disingenuous?
Far from it. I am Logical and I have an opinion. Share yours without cut and pastes

Far from it. I am Logical and I have an opinion. Share yours without cut and pastes
If you were logical you would not recoil when I post facts and logical reasoned arguments. The discussion is boring me. You are troll. . . or is it. . an orc?

:20:

Forum List

Back