Wow, the Left really turning on Obama

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.
Oscar Wilde

Irony...

Your theory of hyper-partisanship on both sides of the aisle just got destroyed.

Democrats never agree on anything, that's why they're Democrats. If they agreed with each other, they would be Republicans.
Will Rogers

It was only "destroyed" in the minds of people like you, whose partisan ideology paralyzes them into thinking that any exception to the rule "destroys" the rule.

Life is a little more complicated than partisan ideologues see it. Both sides.

Left wing partisan ideologues are no better than right wing partisan ideologues. I know how much you want to disagree with that.

Being an effective leader requires good management skills. The two go hand in hand.

Obama has always had a vision, but his skill set wasn't strong enough to lead us from here to there.

And who did have the skills to make their vision happen? Obama was lumped with the worst economic crisis since the great depression. Hardly helps. That and two useless wars.

A crisis will do one of two things...either bring out the best in someone...or reveal what they lack.

Oscar Wilde

Irony...

Your theory of hyper-partisanship on both sides of the aisle just got destroyed.

Democrats never agree on anything, that's why they're Democrats. If they agreed with each other, they would be Republicans.
Will Rogers

It was only "destroyed" in the minds of people like you, whose partisan ideology paralyzes them into thinking that any exception to the rule "destroys" the rule.

Left wing partisan ideologues are no better than right wing partisan ideologues. I know how much you want to disagree with that.

Yea, I definitely disagree with that. And the fact that you can't see it makes you look foolish and just as partisan as you like to criticize.

Oscar Wilde

Irony...

Will Rogers

Yea, I definitely disagree with that. And the fact that you can't see it makes you look foolish and just as partisan as you like to criticize.

Partisan for which side?

Looking forward to this.

Oscar Wilde

Irony...

Will Rogers

Partisan for which side?

Looking forward to this.

There are extremes on both sides, but the extremism on the right is MUCH broader and much less fact based. Most liberals are pragmatists. Conservatives are driven by ideology, dogma and FEAR.

Oscar Wilde

Irony...

Will Rogers

Partisan for which side?

Looking forward to this.

There are extremes on both sides, but the extremism on the right is MUCH broader and much less fact based. Most liberals are pragmatists. Conservatives are driven by ideology, dogma and FEAR.

You honestly don't think much of the current Progressive agenda is based on ideology over pragmatism? I'm amused by that...

Oscar Wilde

Irony...

Will Rogers

Partisan for which side?

Looking forward to this.

Yeah, I hear that one from both sides.

Oscar Wilde

Irony...

Will Rogers

Partisan for which side?

Looking forward to this.

Do me a favor...define the far left. Give me examples of positions and beliefs that are extreme that you hear or see from the left?

Oscar Wilde

Irony...

Will Rogers

Partisan for which side?

Looking forward to this.

You honestly don't think much of the current Progressive agenda is based on ideology over pragmatism? I'm amused by that...

No I don't...not at all based on ideology. It is based on pragmatism and humanity.

Partisan for which side?

Looking forward to this.

Do me a favor...define the far left. Give me examples of positions and beliefs that are extreme that you hear or see from the left?

Why is this so important to you? And when have you ever seen me use the word "extreme"?

Surely you know the issues that separate the ideologies and define the parties. Don't be obtuse.

If you have a point to make, make it.

Partisan for which side?

Looking forward to this.

How about this one? The Left believes that the State should be able to confiscate through estate taxes the accumulated assets of Americans who have worked hard, saved their earnings and paid taxes on those earnings. The Left feels those assets belong to everyone to be distributed accordingly when those that have those assets simply wish to pass those assets along to their children. I find that to be an "extreme" position.

How about this one? The Left believes that the State should be able to confiscate through estate taxes the accumulated assets of Americans who have worked hard, saved their earnings and paid taxes on those earnings. The Left feels those assets belong to everyone to be distributed accordingly when those that have those assets simply wish to pass those assets along to their children. I find that to be an "extreme" position.

Taxes are the price we pay to live in a civilized society.
Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feel free to live elsewhere if you aren't prepared to pay the price of admission to live in America.

Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feel free to live elsewhere if you aren't prepared to pay the price of admission to live in America.

That person has PAID taxes their entire working life, Derideo! What we're talking about is the State seizing a large part of their accumulated savings to distribute to someone else rather than having that go to their children or family.

America became great because we had a rule of law that protected the rights of individuals against seizures of property by a "King" or by the State. Now you talk about a "price of admission to live in America"? Seriously? That the State should be able to take what they like and if you don't like that you should move to another country? Who runs things in the United States of America...the citizens...or the State?

Oliver Wendell Holmes.

That person has PAID taxes their entire working life, Derideo! What we're talking about is the State seizing a large part of their accumulated savings to distribute to someone else rather than having that go to their children or family.

America became great because we had a rule of law that protected the rights of individuals against seizures of property by a "King" or by the State. Now you talk about a "price of admission to live in America"? Seriously? That the State should be able to take what they like and if you don't like that you should move to another country? Who runs things in the United States of America...the citizens...or the State?

Living in America means that you were provided with the opportunity to accumulate excessive wealth. Note that what is being taxed is excess wealth. Only wealth over the limit is subject to Estate taxes.

Furthermore there are a great number of ways in which to legally avoid paying estate taxes. If you have accumulated excessive wealth you are probably going to take full advantage of all of them. That will significantly reduce the taxes that are due.

Lastly there is the concept of taxing transactions. If you win the lottery you have to pay taxes since it is income, albeit unearned. Same thing applies to inheriting wealth from someone's estate. You didn't earn that wealth so therefore taxes are paid when it transfers to the heirs.

Wow, I'm not easily surprised by anything in politics any more, but it was an eye-opener to see Jonathan Alter going after Obama today:

Exposed The White House s Professor-in-Chief - The Daily Beast

Obviously it's now becoming stylish to pound on Obama now that he can't run for anything, and then line up for Hillary. But holy crap, Obama still has two years in office, gang.

Obama had/has neither the managerial skills nor the temperament to be President, but we put him in there twice. Part of the blame for that has to go to the GOP, which has completely and utterly failed to provide the country with a clear, unified, positive vision for this country.

And here we are. A pox on both houses.

Check my siggy

I was anti-obama before it was cool.

Partisan for which side?

Looking forward to this.

You won't get an answer to that one.

Forum List

Back