Wow, the Left really turning on Obama

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Wow, I'm not easily surprised by anything in politics any more, but it was an eye-opener to see Jonathan Alter going after Obama today:

Exposed The White House s Professor-in-Chief - The Daily Beast

Obviously it's now becoming stylish to pound on Obama now that he can't run for anything, and then line up for Hillary. But holy crap, Obama still has two years in office, gang.

Obama had/has neither the managerial skills nor the temperament to be President, but we put him in there twice. Part of the blame for that has to go to the GOP, which has completely and utterly failed to provide the country with a clear, unified, positive vision for this country.

And here we are. A pox on both houses.

Yes, we are seeing day after day that Obama is a great campaigner, great at fundraising, but a lousy leader at a critical time.

Wow, I'm not easily surprised by anything in politics any more, but it was an eye-opener to see Jonathan Alter going after Obama today:

Obviously it's now becoming stylish to pound on Obama now that he can't run for anything, and then line up for Hillary. But holy crap, Obama still has two years in office, gang.

Obama had/has neither the managerial skills nor the temperament to be President, but we put him in there twice. Part of the blame for that has to go to the GOP, which has completely and utterly failed to provide the country with a clear, unified, positive vision for this country.

Who did have the managerial skills or the temperament to be President? Bush Dubya? Clinton? Reagan? They all served 2 terms too.

Maybe if the political system wasn't sold to the highest bidder, you might actually get a say.

Why are you surprised?

The right did the same thing to Bush43 in 2006.

Right-wingers turn against Bush - Salon.com

And in 2007.

Why Conservatives Hate Bush - Greenberg

This is how the political game works on both sides of the aisle.

Uh............many on the Left or Liberals were not aligned with Obama to begin with. Didn't agree with many of his policies. Further, simply because the Democrats have decided that Biden or Clinton is the one does not mean that the rest of us are willing to agree with that.

Who did have the managerial skills or the temperament to be President? Bush Dubya? Clinton? Reagan? They all served 2 terms too.

Maybe if the political system wasn't sold to the highest bidder, you might actually get a say.

Being POTUS is not about being a manager, it is about being a leader. When it comes to leadership skills that were effective there is FDR, JFK, Reagan and Clinton. Each of them had a vision, communicated it effectively and then followed through and got it done.

Obama did have a vision for healthcare but he sucked at communicating it and his follow through was abysmal.

Why are you surprised?

And in 2007.

What surprised me is that it was Alter, whose affection for Obama was so profound, and that he did it in such an intense period of division.

The Left had this guy on a pedestal that was even higher than Reagan's, if that's possible.

If you want to say that the examples you provided were apples to apples, that's fine, we'll just have to disagree.

Every two-term president goes through this.

Republicans suddenly discovered the Iraq war was a terrible idea in 2006.

Shit, I remember how a lot of democrats were just horrified... just horrified... that Clinton was diddling that intern. Until the voters slapped the GOP upside the head for making a big deal about it.

What do you think Bush's "Read my Lips, no New taxes" was about? It was about all the Republicans who were FURIOUS at Reagan for going along with tax increases and tacitally admitting that Supply Side was Voodoo.

1974- Not a good year for Nixon.

Being POTUS is not about being a manager, it is about being a leader. When it comes to leadership skills that were effective there is FDR, JFK, Reagan and Clinton. Each of them had a vision, communicated it effectively and then followed through and got it done.

Obama did have a vision for healthcare but he sucked at communicating it and his follow through was abysmal.

Being an effective leader requires good management skills. The two go hand in hand.

Obama has always had a vision, but his skill set wasn't strong enough to lead us from here to there.

Why are you surprised?

And in 2007.

What surprised me is that it was Alter, whose affection for Obama was so profound, and that he did it in such an intense period of division.

The Left had this guy on a pedestal that was even higher than Reagan's, if that's possible.

If you want to say that the examples you provided were apples to apples, that's fine, we'll just have to disagree.

Alter was reporting on Panetta's book. I will take this one step further too. It is your friend's who will tell you the truth about your failings. In that respect Alter is doing Obama a favor by pointing out these weaknesses. He also gave Obama a "head's up" that he still has 2 years left to turn this bad impression around.

Next move is up to Obama.

Clinton's vision usually involved naked aids.

Reagan's vision was probably quite blurred.

JFK's vision was to not be in pain the whole time.

FDR's vision was just to be president and hope the sheet didn't hit the fan.

Actually, I disagree with you, I don't think any of these had a vision.

Being an effective leader requires good management skills. The two go hand in hand.

Obama has always had a vision, but his skill set wasn't strong enough to lead us from here to there.

And who did have the skills to make their vision happen? Obama was lumped with the worst economic crisis since the great depression. Hardly helps. That and two useless wars.

Clinton's vision usually involved naked aids.

Reagan's vision was probably quite blurred.

JFK's vision was to not be in pain the whole time.

FDR's vision was just to be president and hope the sheet didn't hit the fan.

Actually, I disagree with you, I don't think any of these had a vision.

FDR's vision. "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." Put the nation back to work again.

JFK's vision: "Put a man on the moon by the end of this decade." Mission accomplished.

Reagan's vision: "Morning in America." Defanged the USSR's nuclear arsenal.

Clinton's vision: "100,000 new cops on the beat, 100,000 new teachers in classrooms." Mission accomplished.

Jesus effin Christ could be a republican and he would get no press...no one would pay attention to his plan or his miracles...they would only ridicule his hanging on the cross for votes. People want free stuff...they want something up their ass, and they don't want to work. Fuck them all

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.
Oscar Wilde

Irony...

Your theory of hyper-partisanship on both sides of the aisle just got destroyed.

Democrats never agree on anything, that's why they're Democrats. If they agreed with each other, they would be Republicans.
Will Rogers

FDR's vision. "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." Put the nation back to work again.

JFK's vision: "Put a man on the moon by the end of this decade." Mission accomplished.

Reagan's vision: "Morning in America." Defanged the USSR's nuclear arsenal.

Clinton's vision: "100,000 new cops on the beat, 100,000 new teachers in classrooms." Mission accomplished.

FDR was more a guy who had to do something. He didn't enter office with a vision necessarily, he entered with a pledge to deal with the economic crisis, and this then worked.

Putting a man on the moon is hardly a major vision for a president. It covered one thing that was being worked on at the time anyway. Sure, it could have simply not happened, or the Soviets could have got there, but the reality is any president could have said that.

Clinton's cops and teachers is hardly visionary. I could point to hundreds of politicians who put more police and teachers out there. Unless of course these were hot cops and teachers with a big pair of breasts.

Reagan's vision, or someone controlling Reagan? I really don't put too much of what happened during this time down to Reagan.

:
Jesus effin Christ could be a republican and he would get no press...no one would pay attention to his plan or his miracles...they would only ridicule his hanging on the cross for votes. People want free stuff...they want something up their ass, and they don't want to work. Fuck them all
167222529.jpg

Forum List

Back