Would you...

If I have the tube on and am cruising through the guide, I will click on No Reservations. I like Bourdain's style.

Now, that is a great guy for me...willful and confident and not too shabby looking, either.

"There can be only one."

If you know that reference, you are a geek. :lol:

Noooo, I love that movie. And the soundtrack ROCKED. :cool:

Great movie and soundtrack. I am about to put the dvd in and watch. :cool:

LOL. I have no idea what the reference is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYOE_b4aYD0&feature=PlayList&p=9EA988C1BC291F56&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2]YouTube - HIGHLANDER-WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER[/ame]

Only Freddie Mercury could have done that song. It still gives me the goosebumps. Especially the way it was used in the movie.

LOL. I have no idea what the reference is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYOE_b4aYD0&feature=PlayList&p=9EA988C1BC291F56&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2]YouTube - HIGHLANDER-WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER[/ame]

Only Freddie Mercury could have done that song. It still gives me the goosebumps. Especially the way it was used in the movie.

Now you are sounding like some Victorian era loving (romantic) geek gold. :razz: I am not a big Queen fan but they did a great job with that musical score.

Now you are sounding like some Victorian era loving (romantic) geek gold. :razz: I am not a big Queen fan but they did a great job with that musical score.

Oh no, they don't come much better than Queen. Freddie Mercury was a genius.
And you don't find the whole concept touching? Think about it. Must be a man thing. :rolleyes:

Oh no, they don't come much better than Queen. Freddie Mercury was a genius.
And you don't find the whole concept touching? Think about it. Must be a man thing. :rolleyes:

I didn't say it doesn't move me. It does. "The man thing" stereotype does not fit me. :muahaha:

It seems too genteel on here today. I am going to kick it up a notch by asking the following question. Would you date or marry someone that was your polar opposite on several things including politics?
I think harmony trumps conflict in the marital relationship. It's great to know that your partner knows and understands you as well as they do themselves, and lets you know it by simply accepting you in quiet reassurance. Silence is golden.

My wife of 44 years accepts all my foibles and personal ideosyncracies with the calm reassurance of someone who feels exactly the same way on any number of personal "issues" and appreciates the same in return...It makes it easier to be yourself without a lot or self examination, and it's nice to know you're not alone when the company of someone of a like mind is needed .

Last edited:
It seems too genteel on here today. I am going to kick it up a notch by asking the following question. Would you date or marry someone that was your polar opposite on several things including politics?
I think harmony trumps conflict in the marital relationship. It's great to know that your partner knows and understands you as well as they do themselves, and lets you know it by simply accepting you in quiet reassurance. Silence is golden.

My wife of 44 years accepts all my foibles and personal ideosyncracies with the calm reassurance of someone who feels exactly the same way on any number of personal "issues" and appreciates the same in return...It makes it easier to be yourself without a lot or self examination, and it's nice to know you're not alone when the company of someone of a like mind is needed .

Excellent post horse. Thanks for taking the time.

You're a lucky man then, to have exactly what's right for you. A lot of people never find that.

Forum List

Back