Would you...

The following song is a parody of R & B songs with a sexual theme. I also think that this song points to a deeper truth, that although sex is fun and part of a healthy relationship, the relationship should not be predicated on sex. As the video depicts, such a mindset is shallow, and ultimately unrewarding.

And while politics are important in our life, it shouldn't consume us. There is more to life than politics. Trying to find someone that agrees with you on every issue is impossible, unless you are willing to degrade yourself, and pay for all the yes' you want.

YouTube - "Ooh Girl!" - An Honest R&B Song

Don't forget there can be absolute dealbreakers though. For me they're not political, but everybody has to draw their own boundaries too.

The following song is a parody of R & B songs with a sexual theme. I also think that this song points to a deeper truth, that although sex is fun and part of a healthy relationship, the relationship should not be predicated on sex. As the video depicts, such a mindset is shallow, and ultimately unrewarding.

And while politics are important in our life, it shouldn't consume us. There is more to life than politics. Trying to find someone that agrees with you on every issue is impossible, unless you are willing to degrade yourself, and pay for all the yes' you want.

Don't forget there can be absolute dealbreakers though. For me they're not political, but everybody has to draw their own boundaries too.

I agree. I am not into prison sex. It might just be me, but I am not into parole wannabe sex with a bad girl. That is definitely a deal breaker.

ROFLMAO

too true and TOO TOO honest

First time you have seen that video Dive? It rocks. :lol:

I agree. I am not into prison sex. It might just be me, but I am not into parole wannabe sex with a bad girl. That is definitely a deal breaker.

And I thought my standards were low. ;)

ROFLMAO

too true and TOO TOO honest

First time you have seen that video Dive? It rocks. :lol:
no, seen it before, but its still funny

Some Deal Breakers * in no particular order

1) Can't remember my name

2) Lies to me

3) Tries to control me

4) Has an anger issue

5) Unfaithful

6) Thinks romance and intimacy involves bringing laptops to bed, and flirting with me on instant messenger or on a message board.

7) Has no real interest in communicating and sharing with me.

8) Drug user

9) Agoraphobic

10) Mysophobic

2) Lies to me

3) Tries to control me

4) Has an anger issue

5) Unfaithful

6) Thinks romance and intimacy involves bringing laptops to bed, and flirting with me on instant messenger or on a message board.

8) Drug user

9) Agoraphobic

10) Mysophobic
a lot of those would be deal breakers for me as well

except #6

:lol:
never have done that, but it might be fun for a change
:rofl:

2) Lies to me

3) Tries to control me

4) Has an anger issue

5) Unfaithful

8) Drug user

9) Agoraphobic

10) Mysophobic

except #6

Best get to talking to X, so she can help you out with that Dive. :lol:

2) Lies to me

3) Tries to control me

4) Has an anger issue

5) Unfaithful

8) Drug user

9) Agoraphobic

10) Mysophobic

Yeah, I'd say those would qualify.
I'd add MUST be secure enough to allow me some space to pursue my own interests. If he asks me about them, it's a bonus. If he actually listens to the answers, he's a keeper. :thup:

2) Lies to me

3) Tries to control me

4) Has an anger issue

5) Unfaithful

8) Drug user

9) Agoraphobic

10) Mysophobic

except #6

#6?

OK, I can see the occasional game in it. But not as a habit.

2) Lies to me

3) Tries to control me

4) Has an anger issue

5) Unfaithful

8) Drug user

9) Agoraphobic

10) Mysophobic

I'd add MUST be secure enough to allow me some space to pursue my own interests. If he asks me about them, it's a bonus. If he actually listens to the answers, he's a keeper. :thup:

Jealousy is an ugly emotion. Which, as you say, stems from insecurity of self. It will eat a person from the inside out.

2) Lies to me

3) Tries to control me

4) Has an anger issue

5) Unfaithful

8) Drug user

9) Agoraphobic

10) Mysophobic

except #6

#6?

When your lady is lying next to you in bed, and rather flirt with you on computer, than talk with you directly and get physical in person, there is a problem. lol That is the kind of thing I was referring to.

If one is in a different location, that can be different.

2) Lies to me

3) Tries to control me

4) Has an anger issue

5) Unfaithful

8) Drug user

9) Agoraphobic

10) Mysophobic

Jealousy is an ugly emotion. Which, as you say, stems from insecurity of self. It will eat a person from the inside out.

Exactly. And it can do a lot of damage to the other person in the relationship.
Being the jealous type is probably the biggest dealbreaker for me.

except #6

#6?

When your lady is lying next to you in bed, and rather flirt with you on computer, than talk with you directly and get physical in person, there is a problem. lol That is the kind of thing I was referring to.

If one is in a different location, that can be different.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Computer flirting can be fun, but it's much better in person.

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ...

enough money within her control to move out
and rent a place of her own,
even if she never wants to or needs to...
something perfect to wear if the employer,
or date of her dreams wants to see her in an hour....

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ...

a youth she's content to leave behind....
a past juicy enough that she's looking forward to
retelling it in her old age....
a set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra...
one friend who always makes her laugh... and one who lets her cry...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ...

a good piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in her family....
eight matching plates, wine glasses with stems,
and a recipe for a meal,
that will make her guests feel honored...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ..

a feeling of control over her destiny...
how to fall in love without losing herself..

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...

how to quit a job,
break up with a lover,
and confront a friend without;
ruining the friendship....

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW......

when to try harder... and WHEN TO WALK AWAY....

that she can't change the length of her calves,
the width of her hips, or the nature of her parents..
that her childhood may not have been perfect...but it's over...

what she would and wouldn't do for love or more...
how to live alone... even if she doesn't like it...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW.. .

whom she can trust,
whom she can't,
and why she shouldn't take it personally...

where to go...
be it to her best friend's kitchen table...
or a charming Inn in the woods..
when her soul needs soothing...

As a follow-up to Mayou's poem, here are some questions men and women need to ask themselves. How you answer the still small voice inside, will determine whether your relationship is all that it can be, or a painful death.

My words call out to you. Will you allow yourself to hear me?
My heart is reaching out to you. Will you allow yourself to feel me?
My soul wants to dance with you. Will you dance with me?

Do you have the courage to travel to places inside yourself, that you have never been before? Will you ever allow me to travel with you?
Do you have the courage to reach out for your dreams, and make them reality? Do you have the courage to share your dreams with me?
Do you have the courage to love, should love come calling?

Forum List

Back