Would You Vote for a Mormon?

Would you vote for a Mormon for President?

• Yes

Votes: 49 80.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 19.7%

• Total voters
The only possible reason that I will vote for a Republican is if the race looks really really close in Florida and nation wide; so close that my single vote could be the deciding factor. If that is the case, I will cast my vote for the Republican. Beyond that, I have no intention of letting the damned Republicans think that they have my approval.

Immie

Well, I can't disagree with you. The ironic thing is, people are getting terribly upset about who I'm going to vote for, but the reality is, I live in IL, and if Obama is worried about this state, it's kind of over for him.

I'm disillusioned with the GOP because I think they've put the interests of big corporations over Joe who is just trying to keep do his job and keep a roof over his head. Sadly, the Democrats aren't much better. Both parties have sold out.

I never thought I'd vote GOP again, but Obama hasn't done the job. So I am willing to give them another shot, like the cheating girlfriend who sold my Floyd albums on Ebay. But not if they nominate Romney. That's a non-starter.

The only possible reason that I will vote for a Republican is if the race looks really really close in Florida and nation wide; so close that my single vote could be the deciding factor. If that is the case, I will cast my vote for the Republican. Beyond that, I have no intention of letting the damned Republicans think that they have my approval.

Immie

Well, I can't disagree with you. The ironic thing is, people are getting terribly upset about who I'm going to vote for, but the reality is, I live in IL, and if Obama is worried about this state, it's kind of over for him.

I'm disillusioned with the GOP because I think they've put the interests of big corporations over Joe who is just trying to keep do his job and keep a roof over his head. Sadly, the Democrats aren't much better. Both parties have sold out.

I never thought I'd vote GOP again, but Obama hasn't done the job. So I am willing to give them another shot, like the cheating girlfriend who sold my Floyd albums on Ebay. But not if they nominate Romney. That's a non-starter.

I can agree with all of that except the last part regarding Romney. I don't have any particular dislike of the man. The only thing is that I see him as another Obama, just another liberal waiting in the wings.

Immie

Yes, it does. Thank you. ;)

Immie

In the end, it wont matter where they go to church, but whose vision is in line with voters. At this time that's not Obama. If Romney is the one who run against the President in 2012 he will get my vote regardless of his religion.
ician to boot.

Immie
BOTH parties have to be served notice that it is WE the People that will decide for ourselves...NOT who they pick with thier willing accomplicices in the media.

A definite message has to be sent. The beginnings of that happened IN Florida last weekend with Herman Cain.

The Elites in the Republican Party are trying to co-opt Conservatism. They are miffed that Cain got the nod in Florida. He is a TRUE Conservative, and NOT a politician to boot.

Last edited:
No I won't vote for a moron, but a lot of other people have no problem with the concept.

Maybe "who they would drink a beer with " would matter if they weren't worried about there jobs and the state our country is in. In the end, that cutesy crap will not matter. What will matter is stopping Obama. Sure, I have made fun of Mormons peddling around on there bikes in there black slacks and white shirts with there little name tags, knocking on the door and asking if they can come in and talk to you about there thing. The way you put it, you sound like one of those guys who go on about the free masons and Illuminati or something, and that if they misbehave that a Mormon will jump out of the closet and eat them. So believr what you want, I guess we will see in 2012.

In the end, it wont matter where they go to church, but whose vision is in line with voters. At this time that's not Obama. If Romney is the one who run against the President in 2012 he will get my vote regardless of his religion.
ician to boot.

Immie
BOTH parties have to be served notice that it is WE the People that will decide for ourselves...NOT who they pick with thier willing accomplicices in the media.

A definite message has to be sent. The beginnings of that happened IN Florida last weekend with Herman Cain.

The Elites in the Republican Party are trying to co-opt Conservatism. They are miffed that Cain got the nod in Florida. He is a TRUE Conservative, and NOT a politician to boot.

I would so like to see Cain get there.

Maybe "who they would drink a beer with " would matter if they weren't worried about there jobs and the state our country is in. In the end, that cutesy crap will not matter. What will matter is stopping Obama. Sure, I have made fun of Mormons peddling around on there bikes in there black slacks and white shirts with there little name tags, knocking on the door and asking if they can come in and talk to you about there thing. The way you put it, you sound like one of those guys who go on about the free masons and Illuminati or something, and that if they misbehave that a Mormon will jump out of the closet and eat them. So believr what you want, I guess we will see in 2012.

Based on the fact you can't tell "there" from "their", i'm convinced you're NGS... Welcome back, man.

Okay, to the point. No, I don't think Mormons are going to "eat me". I do think they have a desire to run the country and force everyone to conform to their silly beliefs. If they just annoyed people at home, they'd be harmless, like the Jehovah's Witnesses, who don't even vote, as near as I can tell. It's their desire to try to run the political process, like they did with Proposition 8 that concerns me.

(Someone asked me if I wanted to be a Jehovah's Witness once, but I told them I didn't even see the accident.)

The thing is, the whole country is not dedicated to "Stopping Obama". Obama got 12 million more votes than McCain, and Romney can't even lay claim to all of McCain's votes. He will lose a lot of them- Evangelicals who won't vote for Mormons, Hispanics who won't like his race-baiting, etc. You have to keep everyone who voted for McCain AND get at least six million to switch sides, prefereably in states that Obama only narrowly carried last time.

With ROmney, you can write off Virginia and North Carolina. Probably INdiana, too. He might regain Nevada, Colorado and New Mexico, but he might lose SC and GA.

Based on the fact you can't tell "there" from "their", i'm convinced you're NGS... Welcome back, man.

Okay, to the point. No, I don't think Mormons are going to "eat me". I do think they have a desire to run the country and force everyone to conform to their silly beliefs. If they just annoyed people at home, they'd be harmless, like the Jehovah's Witnesses, who don't even vote, as near as I can tell. It's their desire to try to run the political process, like they did with Proposition 8 that concerns me.

(Someone asked me if I wanted to be a Jehovah's Witness once, but I told them I didn't even see the accident.)

The thing is, the whole country is not dedicated to "Stopping Obama". Obama got 12 million more votes than McCain, and Romney can't even lay claim to all of McCain's votes. He will lose a lot of them- Evangelicals who won't vote for Mormons, Hispanics who won't like his race-baiting, etc. You have to keep everyone who voted for McCain AND get at least six million to switch sides, prefereably in states that Obama only narrowly carried last time.

With ROmney, you can write off Virginia and North Carolina. Probably INdiana, too. He might regain Nevada, Colorado and New Mexico, but he might lose SC and GA.

Flag it carefulwiththataxeeugine. Oh, and I looked at NGS. They are not banned. Unlike your other five usernames

Last edited:
Seeing if he had an argument there...

Nope. He didn't.

Townhall Akennas2 Comments
In response to:

Romney and Obama -- Bipartisan Brothers
Akennas2 Wrote: Apr 15, 2011 10:34 AM
I see that RomanLion/Careful with that axe, Eugene/JoeB131/lost track of all the monikers, he's been banned so many times/Joseph Eugene B from somewhere around Chicago is back with all the witty anti-LDS garbage he has been foisting on TH blogs for at least five years. It is obvious from the content of your postings that you richly DESERVED to be fired by that LDS boss of yours a few years back. Hope you have a new moniker ready, loser - you're going to need it.

Comment for romney_and_obama_--_bipartisan_brothers - 2035086

Still not seeing an argument there...

Akennas 2. Man, that guy was a riot... He thought I was hiding under every rock....

Incidently, that thread made the argument that there was no difference between Obama and Romney on policy issues, which I agree with...

(by the way, did you spend all the time since you were last banned looking for anyone who might remotely be me? Talk about need for a life.)

Last edited:
Not me. That is a side of crazy that we don't need. This is not a love, peace and chicken grease religion.

Gee, I don't know. Mormons spent millions of dollars invalidating gay marriages in a state they didnt' even live in...

That's what I call imposing your stupid beliefs on others.

Ummm ... right ... there are only about a million Mormons in California. So yes they lived there.

Now ... how many people voted for Prop 8?

7 million.

So what we have is a Democratic process with people from many different demographic groups expressing their will at the ballot box in accordance with the law.

And then the judicial system coming in and overturning the will of the people.

Gee, I don't know. Mormons spent millions of dollars invalidating gay marriages in a state they didnt' even live in...

That's what I call imposing your stupid beliefs on others.

Ummm ... right ... there are only about a million Mormons in California. So yes they lived there.

Now ... how many people voted for Prop 8?

7 million.

So what we have is a Democratic process with people from many different demographic groups expressing their will at the ballot box in accordance with the law.

And then the judicial system coming in and overturning the will of the people.

Well, no. Mormons only make up 2% of the population of CA, and they were 70% of the funds for Pro-Prop Hate groups. That's taking it a little more seriously than "just having your say".

And frankly, where does a majority get off telling anyone what they can do? It really isn't any of their business, is it? Or do you think privacy and rights only apply to some people?

What I find really humorous about the Mormon's reaction to this is that the reason they are in Utah and not my fine state of IL is because the folks in IL didn't like the marriages THEY were having to multiple people. So they shot Joseph Smith and chased the lot of them into the wilderness.

The hilariously ironic thing about it is that because no politician in CA is going to defend Prop Hate in court, the Courts will probably go along with Judge Walkers ruling and overturn it.

Forum List

Back