Would You Support War With Iran?

Would You Support War With Iran?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You're a fucking idiot and scumbag.

We supported Iraq against Iran because the assholes running Iran overran our Embassy before you were born.

As for Iran supporting terrorists blowing up US Marines living in a barracks on a peacekeeping mission....you show you should be wiped off the face of this Earth supporting that act against us. I'd kick your fucking eyeballs out of your head if I ever met you.

You're a fucking scumbag with your lies, you should be dragged by your skull through the streets.

We went into Beruit to stop their civil war and protect the innocent caught in the middle. Reagan should've wiped LH and Iran off the face of the Earth for their attack on the Marines.

Well there's an asshole answer.

Did we, or did we not, provide weapons and support to Iraq, so that they could invade Iran?

Did Reagan not appoint Donald Rumsfeld as a special adviser to Iraq and then have him give Iraq the go ahead on the invasion?

Did Dow Chemical not provide the 1.5 million tons of "insecticide" used to create the chemical weapons that Iraq used on Iran during the Iran/Iraq war, with the full knowledge of what it would be used for?

What part of that is false? Please "enlighten" me.

We fully supported the Iraeli 1982 invasion of Lebanon, and the attack in Beirut was on a military target that was in reaction to the Sixth Fleet bombarding civilian targets in the Shuf Mountains.

From the Wiki:

Col. Timothy J. Geraghty, the commander of the Marines in Beirut during the incident, has said that:

"the Marine and the French headquarters were targeted primarily because of who we were and what we represented;" and that,

"It is noteworthy that the United States provided direct naval gunfire support -- which I strongly opposed for a week -- to the Lebanese Army at a mountain village called Suq-al-Garb on September 19 and that the French conducted an air strike on September 23 in the Bekaa Valley. American support removed any lingering doubts of our neutrality, and I stated to my staff at the time that we were going to pay in blood for this decision.

So, to summarize:

Your hero Reagan had us take sides in a civil war. One side was supported by Israel, and the other side was supported by Iran.

In response to direct military action by US forces against the Iranian-supported side, a US military target was attacked.

Now, what part of that is "a lie that I should be dragged by my skull through the streets for" exactly?

Or is any factual evidence that doesn't fit your version of what went down a "lie" to you?

Dumbfuck, my branch of service doesn't call it VHA......which would give a clue I was not an Army officer, try again.

Get back to your factory job mopping the floor, asswipe.

I wanted to see which kind of complete idiots thought a War with Iran was a good idea...

"Bigfoot, Duped, GoneBezerk, Rottweiler, tjvh, Too Tall, yidnar"

Okay, kind of the sort of people you'd expect to say this was a good idea. I doubt a one of the will go down and sign up to actually fight such a war.

Especially Gone Bezerk, who claimed on another thread to be a former Army officer, and didn't know what a VHA was.

You should go to Hollywood and write military movies that are dumb and beyond reality, like when they have a guy in a Navy uniform wearing Army rank and Air Force wings because the movie staff is a bunch of idiots like you.

China and Russia running to the aid of Iran is funny given they didn't do it for Saddam either and Saddam had supporters in the Arab world unlike Iran.....but keep going on with your shit here, it is hilarious.

So Russia and China are going to start WWIII over us bombing Iran's nuke facilities and their military....:cuckoo:

Yeah, they're going to end mankind over us trying to stop Iran from wiping the Jews off the face of the Earth in your fucked up mind.

Russia likes to harm us by supporting Iran, terrorists, etc but they're not willing to get their own country turned into a ball of fire over Iran, dumbfuck.

Oh, Russia and China would have a hardtime dealing with the Arabs if they sent their military to protect Iran, because Iran is HATED by the Jews and Arabs.....kinda like you're hated by both sides here.
I got news for you, skippy, because of big-mouth American's like yourself, we're hated from all sides. For someone who claims to be part of the IC, you have a very simplistic view of complex problems. WWIII, isn't going to all start at once. It might not start at all. But it is one of the real consequences we may face, if pricks like you don't stop making irresponsible statements. Like saying "Iran is trying to wipe out the jews", when there's no evidence of this.

Both Leon Panetta (and his counterpart in Israel) have both publically admitted that they don't believe Iran is a threat, that has weaponized it's program. And the only proof you've provided, is nothing more than rhetoric.

If we (or Israel) run a sortie on Iran, it will be the 6th country in the last 10 years we've made up reasons to invade. We have over 800 bases around the world. So for a majority of the world population, the only contact they have with American's, is with our base in their country. Now, for the last 6 years, we've been ramping up arms and troops in that area. Stationing some in Israel. Running manuevers in the Persian Gulf. It's pretty obvious what we intend to do.

If we hit them, Iran will start sending missles into Iraq, Saudi, Afghanistan, etc. All it's neighbors that are under US puppet regimes. So we hit them, they fire back, we hit them again, they close the "straight" (or make it impossible to do business as usual), we escalate the response, and it just keeps going back and forth, getting more violent and destructive to the point where we start blaming Russia for selling them arms, then Russia tells us to fuck off!, so we hit one of their ships bringing in arms to Iran, then they hit one of ours, then we hit two of theirs, then they wipe out a whole carrier fleet with the help of the Chinese, and on and on and on...with the end result, being the unthinkable.

Why would Iran want to start trouble, they're surrounded on all sides by US ally's?

Hey idiot, can you read? It says ALMOST. It doesn't say "no one" - it says ALMOST. Second, considering Israel one of our allies, who the fuck cares if they have a nuke? This is a desperate attempt by an idiot liberal to justify that which cannot be justified.

No desperate attempt here, just pointing out the only country in the region that does have nukes. Israel is our supposed ally,

A religious zealot is a religious zealot moron. Osama Bin Laden was from Saudi Arabia. His #2, Ayman al-Zawahiri is from Egypt. Ziad Jarrah (9/11 hijacker pilot) was from Beirut. All worked for Al Qaeda. Feel like an idiot yet? You should.

Why...... did you not see the sarcasm in my remark?
You are the one tying Iran in with 9/11. Which by the way is a considerable stretch.

The minute Iran has a nuke, they will launch on Israel..
Are you sure about that? One Iranian nuke on a untried delivery system vs Israel's 200 nukes. Not even those wild and crazy Iranian leaders would take those odds.

So if I purchase for you, the best bullet proof vest in the world, you'll allow me to shoot at you as many times as I want, right? Because, you know, all missile defense systems are 100% flawless and never miss their target, right? Feel like an extra special idiot yet? *You should.

Let me remind you of those odds again, you said "The minute Iran has a nuke, they will launch on Israel". So that means 1 Iranian nuke vs the entire Israeli defense system. With all the money and military aid that the US gives Israel for just that type of defense there should be no excuse, unless of course they are not using that money as intended.

Now don't you feel special?

As I told one of your fellow "special" liberals - nobody is tying anything to 9/11. I just pointed out how 9/11 occurred because of the idiot liberal policy of being reactive rather than proactive (ie allow Al Qaeda to operate until they have the resources to slaughter thousands of Americans). All of you liberals know I'm right, so you have to lie about what I'm saying to redirect the conversation away from the facts that exposes the flaws in your ignorant policies.

Only a liberal believes in closing the barn doors after all of the horses are gone.

You should go to Hollywood and write military movies that are dumb and beyond reality, like when they have a guy in a Navy uniform wearing Army rank and Air Force wings because the movie staff is a bunch of idiots like you.
Huh?

China and Russia running to the aid of Iran is funny given they didn't do it for Saddam either and Saddam had supporters in the Arab world unlike Iran.....but keep going on with your shit here, it is hilarious.
Saddam Hussein was one of our ally's, not theirs.

Don't tell me I have to "open a can of Rumsfeld handshake", on your ass!

You're such a fucking idiot.....Saddam was our ally?

Uh, helping him in the 80s went out the door when he invaded Kuwait, maybe you missed that part of the war with Iraq. Also, we bombed Saddam during the No Fly Zone enforcement but of course he was our buddy according to your fucked up brain.

Try China and Russia were his buddies AFTER the first Gulf War, since they were buying his oil and selling him weapons through the Oil for Food scam. Yes, Russia was giving Saddam help right up until we attacked Iraq in 2003.

Move along idiot, move along you're looking dumber here everyday.:cuckoo:

Huh?

Doooy, Corky, Israel has them Pakistan has them, Russia has them, India has them, China has them, we have them. Iran can't thrown down the shit unless they are willing to accept everyone else will thrown down shit back.

Since when is Russia, India, China, or America in the middle east region? :lol:

Where do you get from Iran's history that they "Want to die"? I think it shows a profound ignorance of Islam, really. Quite the contrary, the Iranian leadership has shown willingness to negotiate and cooperate, as Ronald Reagan found when he got the hostages out of Lebanon.

Um, I'm not sure how to break this to you, but I'll try to do it gently. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was not leader of Iran when "Reagan negotiated the freedom of hostages". However, he is the leader now and has openly talked about is radical form of religion and the fact that he desires to bring back the "12th IMAM", which can only be done through an apocalyptic war (ie nuclear weapons).

On the other hand, the only country that has ever nuked innocent people? Ummm... that would be us.

Once again we see the liberal demonizing America while calling the nation who attacked us unprovoked at Pearl Harbor "innocent". :cuckoo: It's pretty clear your aroused by the heinous deaths of Americans and appalled by the harm to any of our enemies.

I just think it's kind of silly to get in the middle of a fight over who a Sky Pixie gave a strip of desert to.

We are not, nor have we ever, gotten into the "middle of a fight" over there. Nobody gives a damn in the US about their turf wars. What we have done is taken proactive action to protect ourselves and our allies. Iran having nukes is a monumental threat to our national security and the stability of the entire planet.

Last edited:
You're such a fucking idiot.....Saddam was our ally?
That's right! We were for him, before we were against him.

Uh, helping him in the 80s went out the door when he invaded Kuwait, maybe you missed that part of the war with Iraq. Also, we bombed Saddam during the No Fly Zone enforcement but of course he was our buddy according to your fucked up brain.
I never said he was our ally then, you did.

Try China and Russia were his buddies AFTER the first Gulf War, since they were buying his oil
Now here's where your stupidity and ignorance really shine. Because of UN sanctions, Iraq was not permitted to sell oil on the open market and we attacked before those sanctions were lifted.

and selling him weapons through the Oil for Food scam.
We knew all about the OFF money for years and said nothing about it, until the UN refused to give its support for an invasion. BTW, most of the money came from a Houston businessman.

Yes, Russia was giving Saddam help right up until we attacked Iraq in 2003.
So what! It's none of your business what other nations do within their own sovereign borders. Fuck off with your objections!

That's the exact ignorant attitude that lead to Al Qaeda killing 3,000 American's in a coordinated attack on September 11, 2001. Some people just never learn I guess....

You know how we could make sure another terrorist attack never happens? Place cameras in everyone's homes. Constant monitoring of the population. Except that's outrageous.

Or, we could just act like grown adults and proactively defend the US against it's enemies. But, you just keep advocating for the "ignorance is bliss" foreign policy.

Or we could do the breathetakingly rational act of not getting involved in stuff that doesn't concern us. I mean, I know, what a concept.

Didn't see Al Qaeda attacking Sweden. Now why is that?

You know how we could make sure another terrorist attack never happens? Place cameras in everyone's homes. Constant monitoring of the population. Except that's outrageous.

Or, we could just act like grown adults and proactively defend the US against it's enemies. But, you just keep advocating for the "ignorance is bliss" foreign policy.

Part of being a grownup is knowing that it's not responsible to go around and beat the shit out of everyone you see just because you can.

LOL, well put.

Our army and navy was constitutionally designed to protect our borders, not occupy countries, so no, I would not support it. But I bet some of the libs would, fucking war mongers.

Since when is Russia, India, China, or America in the middle east region? :lol:

Since they all have either proximity to or troops in the region, dumbass...

Um, I'm not sure how to break this to you, but I'll try to do it gently. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was not leader of Iran when "Reagan negotiated the freedom of hostages". However, he is the leader now and has openly talked about is radical form of religion and the fact that he desires to bring back the "12th IMAM", which can only be done through an apocalyptic war (ie nuclear weapons).

Wow, man, are you really this profoundly ignorant about... ummm.... everything.

First, Mahmoud doesn't hold the real power, Khameini does. Secondly, your interpretation of the '12th Imam" thing just shows your ignorance of Shi'a Islam.

Iran under the Islamic Republic has never invaded a neighbor. I know you guys need bogeymen to distract attention away from other things...

Once again we see the liberal demonizing America while calling the nation who attacked us unprovoked at Pearl Harbor "innocent". :cuckoo: It's pretty clear your aroused by the heinous deaths of Americans and appalled by the harm to any of our enemies.

The 160,000 civilians killed in Hiroshima and Nagasaki did not bomb Pearl Harbor. They weren't even really military signifigant targets. Furthermore, at that point in the war, Japan was already seeking peace talks. The only sticking point was the abdication of the Emperor. We bombed them not because it was necessary, but to show the Soviets the cool new toy we had. And then the Soviets entered the war in the Pacific, and we suddenly caved on the sticking point for Japan's surrender.

We are not, nor have we ever, gotten into the "middle of a fight" over there. Nobody gives a damn in the US about their turf wars. What we have done is taken proactive action to protect ourselves and our allies. Iran having nukes is a monumental threat to our national security and the stability of the entire planet.

No, it's a threat to Israel, because someone else will have an equal footing.

If you don't think the Zionists are manipulating our foriegn policy, you're delusional.

Getting into a fight over who controls the oil fields between Saddam and the Emir is hardly protecting ourselves. (Kuwait was not an ally until we decided it was.)

The world can live with a nuclear Iran. It really doesn't have a choice in the matter.

Or we could do the breathetakingly rational act of not getting involved in stuff that doesn't concern us. I mean, I know, what a concept.

Our national security doesn't concern us? Iran hates us, you can't undo that with the liberal "ignorance is bliss" policy. Only an idiot closes the barn door after all of the horses are gone.

The War Drums have been quieter as of late, but they're still beating loudly. It does appear confrontation with Iran is inevitable. So will you support it?

Will I support, or do I support? There is a difference.

I do not support going to war with Iran. I will, however, as a former army infantry officer, obey the Commander in Chief should he decided to take this route.

As far as "Sweden" - like the rest of the idiot liberals, you don't have any idea why Al Qaeda hates us (here comes a hilarious "because we kill people in the middle east" answer from the ignorant liberals).

As far as "Sweden" - like the rest of the idiot liberals, you don't have any idea why Al Qaeda hates us (here comes a hilarious "because we kill people in the middle east" answer from the ignorant liberals).

Al Qaeda did attack Sweden.

Sweden bomber fulfilled al-Qaeda threat: will - The Local

Huh?

Saddam was not one of our "allies". Yes, we provided him with support, but not because he was an ally. We supported him under the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" policy that every nation has used since the beginning of time. Iran was our mortal enemy, they had invaded our embassy and taken hostages and swore to destroy us. Since they were also mortal enemies of Iraq and Saddam was itching to destroy them, we provided him with support to fight our enemy for us. Stop being a liberal spinning the truth to further a bullshit agenda.

Great post HG! It never gets old watching JoeB b.s. exposed with facts.

Forum List

Back