Would you support anti abortion legislation as long as it included exceptions?

Would you support anti abortion legislation if....

• Total voters
And though the pro abortionists think that killing criminals convicted of heinous crimes is the same as wiping out millions of babies who haven't ever committed a crime, the fact is..they aren't the same. Two completely different subjects.

Though, actually, I believe they hold babies of those they deem "unworthy" to reproduce as just as worthless as the criminals who torture and kill children.

Once you decide that some lives are worthy of life, and some aren't, pretty soon, no life has much value..except your own.

This is all been done and legislated and agreed upon for years.Why isn't birth control covered by health care? INCREDIBLY STUPID! Now if we can just get Pubs to stop whipping up emotions for politics only and morons to stop blowing up doctors and clinics, etc., the country can move on.

The death penalty is barbaric and unfair- not to mention ridiculously expensive.

Legalized abortion does not reduce the incidence of child abuse and neglect. In fact, it appears that since the advent of legalized abortion, the incidence of child abuse and neglect (and murder) has increased exponentially.
Incorrect and impossible. The parents of unwanted babies cannot abuse or neglect aborted fetuses because they're dead after they're aborted.

Legalized abortion is not necessary to allow for women who need abortions for medical reasons to obtain them. Women before RvW were able to obtain medical abortions just fine.
Who makes the argument that legalized abortion is necessary to allow women who need abortions for medical reasons to obtain them?

Legalized abortion does not increase the health of populations. In fact, legalized abortion that is promoted to any particular population historically indicates that someone is seeking to eliminate that population altogether.
Aborted fetei don't affect the health of populations in any way. They're dead. Unwanted children decrease the health of populations by being the victims of abuse and neglect in higher percentages than wanted children.

Why should the government pay for birth control when anyone can walk into a county health clinic and get it for free?

And though the pro abortionists think that killing criminals convicted of heinous crimes is the same as wiping out millions of babies who haven't ever committed a crime, the fact is..they aren't the same. Two completely different subjects.
They are the same in the respect that both fetei and convicted criminals are killed on occasion.

After that it's purely a matter of opinion. I think it's fine to kill convicted murders and first or second trimester fetei, and it's prefectly legal to kill both.

Though, actually, I believe they hold babies of those they deem "unworthy" to reproduce as just as worthless as the criminals who torture and kill children.

Once you decide that some lives are worthy of life, and some aren't, pretty soon, no life has much value..except your own.
Are you against capital punishment?...euthenasia?....or killing the enemy during a war?

Legalized abortion does not reduce the incidence of child abuse and neglect. In fact, it appears that since the advent of legalized abortion, the incidence of child abuse and neglect (and murder) has increased exponentially.
Incorrect and impossible. The parents of unwanted babies cannot abuse or neglect aborted fetuses because they're dead after they're aborted.

Who said anyone as abusing aborted children?

Legalized abortion is not necessary to allow for women who need abortions for medical reasons to obtain them. Women before RvW were able to obtain medical abortions just fine.
Who makes the argument that legalized abortion is necessary to allow women who need abortions for medical reasons to obtain them?

Legalized abortion does not increase the health of populations. In fact, legalized abortion that is promoted to any particular population historically indicates that someone is seeking to eliminate that population altogether.
Aborted fetei don't affect the health of populations in any way. They're dead. Unwanted children decrease the health of populations by being the victims of abuse and neglect in higher percentages than wanted children.

Do you have a point? Because you don't appear to, while at the same time ignoring my point, which is that the most brutal regimes almost always encourage abortion among unwanted populations. It always precedes blatant genocide. You will notice that more than 80 percent of abortions world wide are taking place in "developing" countries. Like Somalia.

I don't understand those who are opposed to abortion yet are so head strong about there being no death penalty. Quite interesting there are felony exceptions with respect to protecting a life.

I am all for the death penalty.
If it could be applied equally. As it is now that is at the discretion of individual district attorneys. An ELECTED position.
If there is a state jurisdiction anywhere in America that equally applies whatever laws they have on an equitable basis statewide with their numerous county district attorneys please share that with us.
Accordingly, I oppose the death penalty because it does not deter and has no uniform set of procedure as to who is charged with the death penalty and who is not.

I am pro death penalty when there is hard evidence such as DNA. I also believe it needs to be used as a means to help protect the lives of our law enforcement. As far as it not being a real deterrent, that's kind of hard when they can sit on death row for YEARS while some never see that sentence ever come to them. There is too much "coddling" of the criminals in our society as if THEY should be seen as the victums in every case.

Respectfully, that is all well and good but has nothing to do with what I am talking about.
And contrary to the TV shows, DNA evidence is very rare anyway and sometimes it does not even apply to the facts if they do find it.
You do know that the death penalty is at the discretion of the district attorney and that no jury or judge can just apply it if they believe the evidence is sufficient, don't you?
I have seen cases where the defendant plead guilty and was not given the death penalty.
I have seen cases where there was DNA, eye witnesses and lock solid slam dunk.
And the district attorney declined to seek the death penalty.
Same case another jurisdiction they seek the death penalty.
I have been hired on over 50 murder cases and seen how the politics of how a district attorney applies the tactics of whether or not he will seek it lacks any sense of uniformity.
Hell, a Republican Governor of a state set aside all of the death penalty sentences one year because of this. Add in the over 100 cases in the last 30 years where someone sentenced to die was innocent. God only knows how many innocent folks have been executed.

I mostly agree with eots, I am against abortion in almost all cases yet I think making it illegal right now is not the best way to go about changing things for the better. Education is the first and likely best step to reducing abortions.

My basic position on abortion is this. I think there is inherent value (not monetary) in every human life regardless of the phase of development that human life is in. Killing, murders, and abortions tend to devalue human life and thereby I think devalue even our own life.

Who said anyone as abusing aborted children?

Do you have a point? Because you don't appear to, while at the same time ignoring my point, which is that the most brutal regimes almost always encourage abortion among unwanted populations. It always precedes blatant genocide. You will notice that more than 80 percent of abortions world wide are taking place in "developing" countries. Like Somalia.
My point regarding this post is that I haven't seen any evidence that despotic leaders are anymore likely to support abortion than the average non despotic contry's leadership....perhaps you have some statistical evidence that involves qualtifying the amount of brutal depsotic leaders that don't mandate or practice abortion.

My larger point is that first and second trimester abortions are legal, and not immoral.

No developed cerebral cortex!......no suffering.

Last edited:
Raping your wife used to be legal, too. As was slavery. Those things were still immoral.

Working children to death was also legal. Also immoral.

Locking people up in nuthouses when they became an inconvenience on their family was legal. Immoral.

Killing babies is legal. And it's still immoral. Legality is NOT equal to MORALITY.

And just because you aren't aware of the trend to encourage abortion among despised populations doesn't mean it hasn't taken place (and is still taking place).

Hitler encouraged abortion among the Pols and one of his first acts was to make abortion legal so that the populations he had designated as substandard/unnecessary could avail themselves of them.

And yes, the bulk of PP's activity takes place in minority and targeted communities. They do a booming business in Africa, where they prey upon the populations that are being targeted by those who seek to wipe them out. They work hand in fist with them.

What you feel is an legitimate-enough sentiment....but, hardly the basis for any kind o' legislation.

I can't imagine anyone seeing either choice as being easy. Unfortunately, those (critics) that make the most noise readily admit they've never been there.​

For some abortion IS the easier choice...it can be done and family doesn't even have to know about it. Even the father doesn't have to know about it. You asked me for "numbers"...i don't have any. I could have worded it differently. I know 3 women just in my town that have had abortions. Two of them had ANOTHER abortion the following year! That happens all over, in all cities. I know there are many that feel regret afterwards, and they most likely wouldn't have it again. But when women have multiple abortions it looks to me like they're using it as their birth control.

I also feel that women under maybe the age of 18 NEED to have counseling first. They don't always realize that years later, when they've grown and matured, that they could very possibly regret the abortion of their child years before. They need to fully understand that it's a living person inside of them, not just an blob.

What about women (or young girls) that throw their children away after they're born? Is that ok with you too?

I have a question for you though, these women that have all these abortions, do you really think they would be responsible parents if they are so quick to pull the plug on these pregnancies?

I don't believe a person that would not make a good parent should have children. That's why there's adoption....

Raping your wife used to be legal, too. As was slavery. Those things were still immoral.

Working children to death was also legal. Also immoral.

Locking people up in nuthouses when they became an inconvenience on their family was legal. Immoral.

Killing babies is legal. And it's still immoral. Legality is NOT equal to MORALITY.

And just because you aren't aware of the trend to encourage abortion among despised populations doesn't mean it hasn't taken place (and is still taking place).

Hitler encouraged abortion among the Pols and one of his first acts was to make abortion legal so that the populations he had designated as substandard/unnecessary could avail themselves of them.

And yes, the bulk of PP's activity takes place in minority and targeted communities. They do a booming business in Africa, where they prey upon the populations that are being targeted by those who seek to wipe them out. They work hand in fist with them.
Not everything that was immoral at one time needs to be legaized or made to be considered NOT immoral, and it's flimsy logic to use your list of previously acceptable things that have now become immoral to support the opinion that abortion needs to be added to that list.

Killing first and second trimester fetei is both legal and NOT immoral, like I previously said. It may be immoral in your view, but it's legal so you can't stop anyone from doing it.

I'm more than aware of the baselss assertion that poverty classes in America have been targeted for extermination by pro abortion liberals.

This misconception has been pereptuated since the days of Margaret Sanger's visionary pioneering of contraception and women's reproductive rights.

Contraception and abortion are offered to people who either don't want a baby, becaue they can't afford it, or just don't want one. That is good and merciful because those people historically have made bad parents.

I'm not trying to say poor people make bad parents. I'm saying that people who don't want the babies make bad parents. The problem is when a woman is forced to carry to term, then gives up the baby for adoption, thery have a high rate of letting that estrogen convince them they want those babies, then the cycle of bad parenting is perpetuated.

Actually, many people who have babies they didn't plan or particularly want, initially, make splendid parents. I know lots of them.

Besides which, there is no law that says you may not put your baby up for adoption.

Aside from that, there is absolutely no stats to support any of the nonsense you are spouting. And YOU are the one who claimed that legal = moral.

You can't take what you dish out, koshergirl. :lol:

On this subject, you are both wrong and immoral. You would have made a perfect Puritan.

This might make me moderate,but i agree abortion only on incest,rape,and lifethreatening issues.otherwise,should be outlawed.

Forum List

Back