Would you sign a petition to eliminate civil marriage licenses?

Would you sign a petition to eliminate civil marriage licenses altogether?

• Total voters
It's not about sex acts, it's a gender issue....discrimination based on gender.

Not really it is not. Don't get me wrong, I dislike very few folks on race, religion, and creed. Its America, do as you like. That's how I see it, take it or leave it, but dont say I have to accept it. Homosexual is not a gender, its a lifestyle, and in my opinion, a life style choice that is not healthy for those who practice it. I have no hatred for those who do, and unless asked, keep my opinions to my self when among them. It is also NOT an issue for the Federal Government to be considering considering the shape our country is in. That means The feds should not defend DOMA. I agree with Obama there. The same is true for activist Judges like in Cali. They did it wrong. New York did it right.

It most certainly is a gender issue. Blatant gender discrimination by the government.

How so ? Would it also be a race issue ?

Not really it is not. Don't get me wrong, I dislike very few folks on race, religion, and creed. Its America, do as you like. That's how I see it, take it or leave it, but dont say I have to accept it. Homosexual is not a gender, its a lifestyle, and in my opinion, a life style choice that is not healthy for those who practice it. I have no hatred for those who do, and unless asked, keep my opinions to my self when among them. It is also NOT an issue for the Federal Government to be considering considering the shape our country is in. That means The feds should not defend DOMA. I agree with Obama there. The same is true for activist Judges like in Cali. They did it wrong. New York did it right.

It most certainly is a gender issue. Blatant gender discrimination by the government.

Quite evident....if I were to try to get a marriage license for myself and another woman...why would it be denied?

If a man were to try to get a marriage license for himself and another man...why would it be denied?

(and I don't see race in this issue at all, you'll need to explain that one)

The constitution did not give that power to the federal govt. It belongs to the states.

Then why do we have DOMA? A Fed law that prevents gays from getting married.

Because the feds cant help themselves but pass laws that take away state rights and give them more power. Just because they passed a law does not mean they should have or had the right to.

DOMA is unconstitutional, there is no way around that fact. However, I can't ignore it's exisitance, and tempur my posts according to what I know of what is and not what I want it to be.

krist if it was up to me, kids would have a hard time finding DC on the map and think of it as little more than a large museum.

Because she wants official recognition of her deviant lifestyle. That is what this is all about, legitimacy. It has zero to do with civil rights. It has zero to do with fairness. It has zero to do with visiting sick partners in the hospital. It is simply a grab for legitimacy by the sexual deviants.

So?

Lets assume bode is scum of the earth and just wants these rights so she can rub your face in it.

Do you think that makes it ok to keep the equivalent of a spouse out of the loop when the other is in the hospital?

How important is it that we keep gays from having family plans for HC?

Everyone is supposed to be free and equal here in America. It's why many, if not most of our ancesters came here.

The Rabbi simply shows that he wants gay Americans, tax-paying, law-abiding gay Americans to be second class citizens. That he wants the government to sanction his believe that we are somehow 'less' than he is when it comes to rights in this country. He's made that very clear.

I can only assume he's a social conservative.

social conservatives are little more than tyrants.

Quite evident....if I were to try to get a marriage license for myself and another woman...why would it be denied?

If a man were to try to get a marriage license for himself and another man...why would it be denied?

Well, its a non-issue for you isn't it ? I thought you were good to go in Cali ? Second, homosexuality is not a gender, its a lifestyle .

Homosexual | Define Homosexual at Dictionary.com

ho·mo·sex·u·al
   [hoh-muh-sek-shoo-uhl or, especially Brit., -seks-yoo-] Show IPA
–adjective
of, pertaining to, or exhibiting homosexuality.
of, pertaining to, or noting the same sex.
–noun

a homosexual person.

gen·der
1    [jen-der] Show IPA
–noun
Grammar .
a.
(in many languages) a set of classes that together include all nouns, membership in a particular class being shown by the form of the noun itself or by the form or choice of words that modify, replace, or otherwise refer to the noun, as, in English, the choice of he to replace the man, of she to replace the woman, of it to replace the table, of it or she to replace the ship. The number of genders in different languages varies from 2 to more than 20; often the classification correlates in part with sex or animateness. The most familiar sets of genders are of three classes (as masculine, feminine, and neuter in Latin and German) or of two (as common and neuter in Dutch, or masculine and feminine in french and Spanish).
b.
one class of such a set.
c.
such classes or sets collectively or in general.
d.
membership of a word or grammatical form, or an inflectional form showing membership, in such a class.
sex: the feminine gender.
Archaic . kind, sort, or class.

Then why do we have DOMA? A Fed law that prevents gays from getting married.

No one is preventing gays from getting married.
Where do people get these weird ideas??

Of course they are...in most states. Not in NY anymore, in that you are correct. Thank goodness. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

That comes from twisting the facts around and looking at them the way you want.

We all do have the right to get married [actually we don't, it's not a right, but that's another topic] as long as it's to the opposite sex.

I know, I know :cuckoo:

:lol: :laugh2: :rofl: :laugh2: :lol:

I thought you were still talking about the definition of sex. :lol:

Turns out you are doing mental yoga to try to stretch this into a civil rights race issue.

Please don't insult the brave men and women of the 60's, who literally risked and lost thier lives to be considered equal.

That would be a grave insult.

Well, its a non-issue for you isn't it ? I thought you were good to go in Cali ? Second, homosexuality is not a gender, its a lifestyle .

ho·mo·sex·u·al
–adjective
–noun

a homosexual person.

gen·der
1    [jen-der] Show IPA
–noun
Grammar .
a.
(in many languages) a set of classes that together include all nouns, membership in a particular class being shown by the form of the noun itself or by the form or choice of words that modify, replace, or otherwise refer to the noun, as, in English, the choice of he to replace the man, of she to replace the woman, of it to replace the table, of it or she to replace the ship. The number of genders in different languages varies from 2 to more than 20; often the classification correlates in part with sex or animateness. The most familiar sets of genders are of three classes (as masculine, feminine, and neuter in Latin and German) or of two (as common and neuter in Dutch, or masculine and feminine in french and Spanish).
b.
one class of such a set.
c.
d.
membership of a word or grammatical form, or an inflectional form showing membership, in such a class.

Very true...homosexuality is a sexual preference....but that would not be why I would be denied a marriage license....gay people marry people of the opposite sex? TOTALLY allowed.

It's not that I'm gay, it that I wish to marry someone of the same GENDER.

It's gender discrimination.

Of course they are...in most states. Not in NY anymore, in that you are correct. Thank goodness. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

That comes from twisting the facts around and looking at them the way you want.

We all do have the right to get married [actually we don't, it's not a right, but that's another topic] as long as it's to the opposite sex.

I know, I know :cuckoo:

Ah, I see...you're like the Soviet soldier in this story I used to often quote:

During the early years of the Cold War, an American Soldier and a Soviet Soldier happened to meet and started discussing their respective countries and political systems. The American bragged, "In America, we have freedom of speech. I can call President Truman a Son of a Bitch and I will not be arrested for it." The Soviet soldier retorted, "In the Soviet Union, we too have freedom of speech. I too can call President Truman a Son of a Bitch and not get arrested for it.

(I miss you too, Pudge)

:lol: :laugh2: :rofl: :laugh2: :lol:

I thought you were still talking about the definition of sex. :lol:

Turns out you are doing mental yoga to try to stretch this into a civil rights race issue.

Please don't insult the brave men and women of the 60's, who literally risked and lost thier lives to be considered equal.

That would be a grave insult.

This is not a race issue....I am not the one who said it was. In fact if you were to actually read my post, I was questioning why someone ELSE would call it a race issue. Civil rights yes....gender discrimination.

Last edited:

ho·mo·sex·u·al
–adjective
–noun

a homosexual person.

gen·der
1    [jen-der] Show IPA
–noun
Grammar .
a.
b.
one class of such a set.
c.
d.

Very true...homosexuality is a sexual preference....but that would not be why I would be denied a marriage license....gay people marry people of the opposite sex? TOTALLY allowed.

Well I thought you lived in Cali ? I thought you were good to go, or is it still a court battle ? It is up to the people who vote any way. I still cant see it as a gender issue though. With all respect.

ho·mo·sex·u·al
–adjective
–noun

a homosexual person.

gen·der
1    [jen-der] Show IPA
–noun
Grammar .
a.
b.
one class of such a set.
c.
d.

Well I thought you lived in Cali ? I thought you were good to go, or is it still a court battle ? It is up to the people who vote any way. I still cant see it as a gender issue though. With all respect.

Personally, I'm married. We got in that window of legality before Prop H8 was passed....I was using me as a generic example.

It's still gender discrimination.....under current law, I would not be able to marry another woman....it's not whether we are gay or not....it's the gender of the other person......gender discrimination.

Because she wants official recognition of her deviant lifestyle. That is what this is all about, legitimacy. It has zero to do with civil rights. It has zero to do with fairness. It has zero to do with visiting sick partners in the hospital. It is simply a grab for legitimacy by the sexual deviants.

So?

Lets assume bode is scum of the earth and just wants these rights so she can rub your face in it.

Do you think that makes it ok to keep the equivalent of a spouse out of the loop when the other is in the hospital?

Everyone is supposed to be free and equal here in America. It's why many, if not most of our ancesters came here.

The Rabbi simply shows that he wants gay Americans, tax-paying, law-abiding gay Americans to be second class citizens. That he wants the government to sanction his believe that we are somehow 'less' than he is when it comes to rights in this country. He's made that very clear.

If you have the same rights as everyone else you are not a second class citizen, no matter how aggrieved and oppressed you feel

So?

If you have the same rights as everyone else you are not a second class citizen, no matter how aggrieved and oppressed you feel

In most states, because of gender, I am not allowed to marry the tax-paying, law-abiding consenting adult I love. AND in many 3rd world country states, we have no legal protections if one of us gets sick or injured.

What state is preventing you from marrying the carpet of your choice? None.

I don't know what kind of carpets you have, but here we don't have carpets that can consent and sign marriage licenses.

What kind of conversations do you have with those carpets of yours that can do such things?

Forum List

Back