Would you sign a petition to eliminate civil marriage licenses?

Would you sign a petition to eliminate civil marriage licenses altogether?

• Total voters
Is God going to decide who gets the children?

Why must you criticize what I believe?

What next? Stifling of free speech?

I could care less what you believe - why do you care what I believe?

Are you one of those "caring and nurturing, free speech, fuck Bush" Liberals?

If so - seek a new User ID

It was a legitimate point...do churches decide custody in divorce cases today? No they do not. If government gets out of the marriage business, will churches pick up that job?

I think that we could still use the court system to arbitrate seperations if both parties agreed.

However, true liberty would be both party's deciding what they will do if they seperate. Yes with the low moral standards today this has some inherant issues, but its still the way of liberty in my opinion.

How odd that all those saying that government should get out of the marriage business are not voting yes in this poll....or else are moving the goal posts.

I haven't moved the goal posts at all. You did to suit your own personnel agenda. My point has been consistent through both threads... But if you want to insure you don't receive any support even from those of us inclined to support you having equal rights keep playing those games.

Not looking for support, I'm looking for people to put their vote where their mouth has been on many a thread. And many are now backing down.....you, perhaps also?

Because you receive a plethora of federal and state benefits and privileges with "marriage".

Homos want equality. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

They understand. They don't want us to have equality and they are willing to pay lip service to eliminating civil marriage in order to prevent us from being considered equal in the eyes of the law.

You think it is a coincidence that these calls to keep government out of marriage popped up the same time we started working for legal gay marriage?

Do you think that people who have been arguing this for years retroactively became homophobic?

You should be aware that just because you never saw something before does not mean that it did not happen.

Show me ANY arguments prior to the gay marriage issue.

Because you receive a plethora of federal and state benefits and privileges with "marriage".

Homos want equality. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

They understand. They don't want us to have equality and they are willing to pay lip service to eliminating civil marriage in order to prevent us from being considered equal in the eyes of the law.

You think it is a coincidence that these calls to keep government out of marriage popped up the same time we started working for legal gay marriage?

You want equality over a sex act .

And....?

And....?
Not that I agree with this particular argument, but homosexual sex is not heterosexual sex. It is not equal, in the least. In fact, as sexual relations are legally defined as a penis penetrating a vagina, homosexual sex is non-existent.
Zero does not and never will equal one.

Who's changing thier outlook now that they were put to a vote?

Yes=
arKangel, Cuyo, Dont Taz Me Bro, JohnA, JWBooth, kaz, Lonestar_logic, PLYMCO_PILGRIM , Quantum Windbag, Two Thumbs, Warrior102

No=
Anachronism, bodecea, del , Kuros, Momanohedhunter, Mr. President , rightwinger, Rinata , Susan45, The Rabbi, tonystewart1, Too Tall, uscitizen

Seems to me the majority of conservatives want to end gov involvment, which means you get to marry your lover. While your fellow dems say no.

[people in black; I have no idea thier politics]

Wait a second. I had to double check the Bods.

Why did you vote against your own self intrest?

Last edited:

Yes=
arKangel, Cuyo, Dont Taz Me Bro, JohnA, JWBooth, kaz, Lonestar_logic, PLYMCO_PILGRIM , Quantum Windbag, Two Thumbs, Warrior102

No=
Anachronism, bodecea, del , Kuros, Momanohedhunter, Mr. President , rightwinger, Rinata , Susan45, The Rabbi, tonystewart1, Too Tall, uscitizen

Seems to me the majority of conservatives want to end gov involvment, which means you get to marry your lover. While your fellow dems say no.

I mean NO in the sense that States should decide, not uncle Sam. New York in my mind is wrong, but it was done right. California did it Wrong.

Not that I agree with this particular argument, but homosexual sex is not heterosexual sex. It is not equal, in the least. In fact, as sexual relations are legally defined as a penis penetrating a vagina, homosexual sex is non-existent.

That's the worst description of non-sex I have ever heard.
The law is not known for flowery descriptions. ;)

Yes=

No=

Because she wants official recognition of her deviant lifestyle. That is what this is all about, legitimacy. It has zero to do with civil rights. It has zero to do with fairness. It has zero to do with visiting sick partners in the hospital. It is simply a grab for legitimacy by the sexual deviants.

I wouldn't! One of the useless crusades the GOP is hellbent on undertaking is outlawing gay marriage! It only makes them appear intolerant and it's a losing cause!

I see no justification for banning gay marriage. I don't think it belittles hetro marriage or threatens hetro marraige. I don't buy the argument at all.

I wouldn't! One of the useless crusades the GOP is hellbent on undertaking is outlawing gay marriage! It only makes them appear intolerant and it's a losing cause!

I see no justification for banning gay marriage. I don't think it belittles hetro marriage or threatens hetro marraige. I don't buy the argument at all.

No one is banning gay marriage.
I don't know where you got this idea.

You have to admit, It is a clever ploy to distract the country from the real issues. Like the slimy fucks on capital hill killing the country. If you dont want it in your state, pay attention to how you vote. I dont give a shit about Gay Marriage in New York.

Yes=

No=

Because she wants official recognition of her deviant lifestyle. That is what this is all about, legitimacy. It has zero to do with civil rights. It has zero to do with fairness. It has zero to do with visiting sick partners in the hospital. It is simply a grab for legitimacy by the sexual deviants.

So?

Lets assume bode is scum of the earth and just wants these rights so she can rub your face in it.

Do you think that makes it ok to keep the equivalent of a spouse out of the loop when the other is in the hospital?

How important is it that we keep gays from having family plans for HC?

Everyone is supposed to be free and equal here in America. It's why many, if not most of our ancesters came here.

And....?
So if in your opinion sexual relations are* defined* as a penis entering a vagina oraL sex is NOT sex bill clinton must love you

Yes=

No=

I mean NO in the sense that States should decide, not uncle Sam. New York in my mind is wrong, but it was done right. California did it Wrong.

That is the reason I voted no also. This is a state issue not a federal issue.

That being said the only way gays are going to be able to get what they want (legitimization for their lifestyle) is at the federal level. All it takes it to get NY marriage law before the supreme court and they can twist it to suit their needs and poof you have precedent that other states are bound to follow.

You have to admit, It is a clever ploy to distract the country from the real issues. Like the slimy fucks on capital hill killing the country. If you dont want it in your state, pay attention to how you vote. I dont give a shit about Gay Marriage in New York.

Considering the economy, you are correct, this is a waste of time on a social issue that will not save the country.

Yes=

No=

So?

Lets assume bode is scum of the earth and just wants these rights so she can rub your face in it.

Do you think that makes it ok to keep the equivalent of a spouse out of the loop when the other is in the hospital?

How important is it that we keep gays from having family plans for HC?

Everyone is supposed to be free and equal here in America. It's why many, if not most of our ancesters came here.

The constitution did not give that power to the federal govt. It belongs to the states.

Considering the economy, you are correct, this is a waste of time on a social issue that will not save the country.

And along with Casey Anthony, a shiny object for the country to focus on instead of what matters.

Yes=

No=

That is the reason I voted no also. This is a state issue not a federal issue.

That being said the only way gays are going to be able to get what they want (legitimization for their lifestyle) is at the federal level. All it takes it to get NY marriage law before the supreme court and they can twist it to suit their needs and poof you have precedent that other states are bound to follow.

Actually, come to think of it. It's a brilliant stroke by NY to do this.

They get a minor bump in taxes as gays will get married that live there and another bump from gays that travel there to get married.

Considering the economy, they will bring in some money. Not a lot, but when you're pinching pennies, nickles mean a lot.

Forum List

Back