Zone1 Would You Make A Relative Change Your Baby's Diaper?

And now he just has to do what he would have done if his brother and niece weren't staying with him so why didn't he just do that in the first place?
Why, there was a responsible adult as part of the household who was staying there for free and able to spend five minutes helping out.

If someone has taken this adult to feed and shelter you do whatever is necessary. Change the baby, take the dog for a walk, scoop out the cat box. Whatever is necessary. Or, leave. There's no involuntary servitude. Just go. Find someplace else with no baby.

Why, there was a responsible adult as part of the household who was staying there for free and able to spend five minutes helping out.

If someone has taken this adult to feed and shelter you do whatever is necessary. Change the baby, take the dog for a walk, scoop out the cat box. Whatever is necessary. Or, leave. There's no involuntary servitude. Just go. Find someplace else with no baby.

Don't expect anything of anyone and you'll never be disappointed now this guy just ruined his relationship with his brother over what amounts to a pile of shit.

Don't expect anything of anyone and you'll never be disappointed now this guy just ruined his relationship with his brother over what amounts to a pile of shit.
Don't take in selfish and ungrateful relatives. There is no disappointment just enlightenment.

Don't take in selfish and ungrateful relatives. There is no disappointment just enlightenment.
Again that is your assumption. You don't know if that person hadn't been helping around the house already and just wouldn't do that one shitty thing.

Again that is your assumption. You don't know if that person hadn't been helping around the house already and just wouldn't do that one shitty thing.
That one shitty thing was necessary at the time. Perhaps this duo just objected to the conditions under which their continued residency depended. They are just being told to leave. The brother and his family are under as much obligation to support these relatives as the relatives are to change diapers.

That one shitty thing was necessary at the time. Perhaps this duo just objected to the conditions under which their continued residency depended. They are just being told to leave. The brother and his family are under as much obligation to support these relatives as the relatives are to change diapers.
So what?

Like I said if that girl wasn't there the father would have just done it anyway so why didn't he just do it?

And just because you think the favor of being allowed to stay at a person's house requires them to do anything and everything that is asked of them doesn't mean you are correct.

If I asked a person to stay with me I would not demand they do anything around the house.

So what?

Like I said if that girl wasn't there the father would have just done it anyway so why didn't he just do it?

And just because you think the favor of being allowed to stay at a person's house requires them to do anything and everything that is asked of them doesn't mean you are correct.

If I asked a person to stay with me I would not demand they do anything around the house.
If you asked a person to stay with you? These people weren't asked to stay. They had nowhere else to do. They were allowed to stay. They were not invited guests.

There is absolutely no obligation to continue to provide food and shelter to two individuals who clearly aren't worth the effort. They should get out on their own. They are clearly inconvenienced by this family with a child. Certainly you cannot suggest that the family be required to continue to care for these two selfish individuals.

If you asked a person to stay with you? These people weren't asked to stay. They had nowhere else to do. They were allowed to stay. They were not invited guests.

There is absolutely no obligation to continue to provide food and shelter to two individuals who clearly aren't worth the effort. They should get out on their own. They are clearly inconvenienced by this family with a child. Certainly you cannot suggest that the family be required to continue to care for these two selfish individuals.
They had to be invited guests. Do you actually think they forced their way in at gun point?

It should have been an assumption from the very beginning. Changing a baby diaper isn't even a string. It's more like a thread. And only one time. It's not like making this 18 year old toddler the full time nanny.

In the 60s there was a saying. "Gas, grass or ass. Nobody rides for free. It's not a taxi. Same thing. Surely you can relate to that.

Agreed, but I am a nineties baby and curious about the gas, grass, or ass part.

They had to be invited guests. Do you actually think they forced their way in at gun point?
They were permitted having noplace else to go. No one said "give up your place and stay with me."
If this 18 year old girl can fail to help out, then the benefactors can decide not to provide food and shelter. There is no obligation on either side.

They were permitted having noplace else to go. No one said "give up your place and stay with me."
If this 18 year old girl can fail to help out, then the benefactors can decide not to provide food and shelter. There is no obligation on either side.
They were still invited by the guy.

They did not force their way in and like I said you have no clue as to how much they were already helping out around the place you just pick this one thing that the girl didn't do and make your judgements.

I too would refuse to take care of a family member's baby because I have no clue how and don't want to be the one they rail at because I didn't do something they way they would.

Sorry I think it's pretty fucking silly to blow up a relationship with a brother over a diaper change but that's what this guy did.

They were still invited by the guy.

They did not force their way in and like I said you have no clue as to how much they were already helping out around the place you just pick this one thing that the girl didn't do and make your judgements.

I too would refuse to take care of a family member's baby because I have no clue how and don't want to be the one they rail at because I didn't do something they way they would.

Sorry I think it's pretty fucking silly to blow up a relationship with a brother over a diaper change but that's what this guy did.
If this girl is under no obligation to help out with the baby, the brother and his girlfriend have no obligation to provide a home. Now it does seem silly to blow up a relationship over one disposable diaper but there we are. It is time to realize that the welcome has been worn out. It is time to move on.

She was the only one around to do it. She lives in the house and should have some responsibility.
An 18 year old should be responsible enough to change a diaper. To force a baby to sit in a soiled diaper because you consider it “yucky” is irresponsible
wow... incredible

I finally found something you posted that I could 100% agree with...

will wonders ever cease?

If this girl is under no obligation to help out with the baby, the brother and his girlfriend have no obligation to provide a home. Now it does seem silly to blow up a relationship over one disposable diaper but there we are. It is time to realize that the welcome has been worn out. It is time to move on.
I say that young girl needs an ass whipping or something akin to it.

she needs to learn how to do those things and get used to it bc she will likely have children of her own some day (or have a husband who has a child or just w hatever..). Plus, "spare the rod, spoil the child" is still true, amazingly...

She doesn’t have to be an expert on changing a diaper. Take off the dirty diaper, clean up the baby, put on a new one

She wouldn’t even try

There needs to be some family responsibility….not, I need to go out with my friends
yeh, like her friends would disown her if they had to wait 10 minutes for her.. with friends like that..........

I say that young girl needs an ass whipping or something akin to it.

she needs to learn how to do those things and get used to it bc she will likely have children of her own some day (or have a husband who has a child or just w hatever..). Plus, "spare the rod, spoil the child" is still true, amazingly...
She just needs to be put on the street. She cried when called out because she wanted to go out with her friends. Problem solved. Go stay with friends.

She just needs to be put on the street. She cried when called out because she wanted to go out with her friends. Problem solved. Go stay with friends.

You could see the baby’s mother was pissed

After putting up with two extra mouths to feed for months, the 18 year old couldn’t even be inconvenienced to change a diaper.

Then the girls mother stood by her and told them…..you watch your own child

At least she gave them two weeks
I would have shown them the door

Forum List

Back