Would you like to live in the world that God has promised ?

You've missed the point of the Gospel. It's not what you do, but who you become through the Atonement that makes you eligible for a place in Heaven.
You missed the point of being an American citizen. We're free to ignore the gospel. We're not a Christian nation, yet.

And what on earth does being a US citizen have to do with God and Heaven?

It means you don't get to shove your religious doctrine in anyone's face.

Would the anti God crowd like to live in the world that God promises in the bible ?

I thought we were already living in the world that God gave us.

What? Are telling us God's been holding out on mankind for all this time?

Are you telling us he has a better world, but he's stuck us on with this one?

Well, c'mon. We did kill his only son afterall so we can't possibly expect him to give us his best.

You missed the point of being an American citizen. We're free to ignore the gospel. We're not a Christian nation, yet.

Why do you come into the Religion area if you are so against what we believe? If you don't want us talking to you about our faith, then why are you here? Just to bash believers and start arguements?? Makes no sense to me....

Why do you come into the Religion area if you are so against what we believe? If you don't want us talking to you about our faith, then why are you here? Just to bash believers and start arguements?? Makes no sense to me....

I have interest in discussing religion, not being preached to. I'm sorry you can't see the difference. Notice how againsheila and I converse. She is a Christian, I am a Buddhist. We respect each other.

I have interest in discussing religion, not being preached to. I'm sorry you can't see the difference.

If you wanted to discuss religion you would. You wouldn't be acting like a victim when you aren't.

If you don't like what someone says or does. There are ways to treat them with respect and still discuss.

I have interest in discussing religion, not being preached to. I'm sorry you can't see the difference.

If you wanted to discuss religion you would. You wouldn't be acting like a victim when you aren't.

If you don't like what someone says or does. There are ways to treat them with respect and still discuss.

Do you want my respect? Here's how to get it. Don't try and convert me to Christianity. Be more like againsheila, who says she only wishes me to meet her in heaven, and she acknowledges that I consider Buddhism to be the one true path for Buddhists, as much as she considers Christianity to be the one true path for Christians. We respect and like each other, and we are on different spiritual paths. I wish for her enlightenment, she wishes that I go to Christian heaven. We want the best for each other and can live with our differences.

I don't feel like a victim at all. A victim would put up with bullshit. I don't. A spades a spade. Proselytizers are proselytizers. Proselytizers don't respect people who aren't interested in Christianity, like you, Avatar. You don't respect people who practice anything other than Christianity.

Sorry, that doesn't win me over. We have freedom of religion in America. That means I get to say no to being converted to Christianity.

Last edited:

Do you want my respect? Here's how to get it. Don't try and convert me to Christianity. Be more like againsheila, who says she only wishes me to meet her in heaven, and she acknowledges that I consider Buddhism to be the one true path for Buddhists, as much as she considers Christianity to be the one true path for Christians. We respect and like each other, and we are on different spiritual paths. I wish for her enlightenment, she wishes that I go to Christian heaven. We want the best for each other and can live with our differences.

I don't feel like a victim at all. A victim would put up with bullshit. I don't. A spades a spade. Proselytizers are proselytizers. Proselytizers don't respect people who aren't interested in Christianity, like you, Avatar. You don't respect people who practice anything other than Christianity.

Sorry, that doesn't win me over. We have freedom of religion in America. That means I get to say no to being converted to Christianity.

Ok...I will apologize as i didn't know you were Buddhist. But you do seem pretty negative at times and that is more of what i was pointing out. I really don't know much about Buddhism. There are some religions that i consider to be cults...Buddhism isn't one since I've never really thought alot about it, guess i should learn more about it. Looking forward to some good discussions! :)

Ok...I will apologize as i didn't know you were Buddhist. But you do seem pretty negative at times and that is more of what i was pointing out. I really don't know much about Buddhism. There are some religions that i consider to be cults...Buddhism isn't one since I've never really thought alot about it, guess i should learn more about it. Looking forward to some good discussions! :)

IMO, anger isn't negative. It's just an emotion that has a lot of energy. I get angry sometimes, and I am passionate about injustice. Most of the time, I just sit with my feelings and I don't say anything at all.

IMO, the way to pacify anger is not to judge it as negative, but to befriend it, and keep it company.

Would the anti God crowd like to live in the world that God promises in the bible ?

I thought we were already living in the world that God gave us.

What? Are telling us God's been holding out on mankind for all this time?

Are you telling us he has a better world, but he's stuck us on with this one?

God has given us what we are capable of.

You honestly don't think the world would be different if we were all honest? if we were all full of charity toward our fellow man? If hate and violence ceased? If parents took care of their children? If no one broke laws.

The world would be much different.

Sounds like a world where libertarianism would actually work! :lol:

Forum List

Back