Would You Like A Living Wage With That?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/28/b...ed-in-denmark-fast-food-restaurants.html?_r=0

No excuses. A burger flipper here.....in the greatest nation the world has ever known....ought to live better than a burger flipper anywhere.

Let's do the right thing, America.
I constantly hear about "living wage". It's a silly exaggeration. People don't die because they don't make enough money. If you don't make enough money flipping burgers to enjoy the life style you'd like, please, learn how to make more money. It's not hard. But please stop belly-aching about how little money a burger flipper makes.

LMAO. I was going to start a countervailing thread explaining to dumdum libs how most min wage earners are teenagers and that raising the rate actually REMOVES some of their buddies from a job (how selfless) to pay for that hike, but it looks like you put loser loner away in just one volley.

LOL

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/28/b...ed-in-denmark-fast-food-restaurants.html?_r=0

No excuses. A burger flipper here.....in the greatest nation the world has ever known....ought to live better than a burger flipper anywhere.

Yes ... let's do the right thing and make sure that EVERYONE produces their share. If a person doesn't work ... he shouldn't eat. Plan, save, work hard, get educated, and stop complaining that "life isn't fair." It never has been, it isn't now, and it never will be.
If a person doesn't work ... he shouldn't eat.

so if someone gets laid off.....tough shit for that person?....if a person gets hurt.....tough shit for them?....:dunno:

Interesting article. :thup:

But for the most part the article answers it's own questions. The higher wages work in Denmark because Denmark is a tiny country of 5.6 million and the people there are wiling to pay more for a burger. The USA is a nation of 316 million and fast food consumers are expecting cheap food. Another factor is the private sector labor unions in Denmark are very powerful and popular. while in the USA they are weak and unpopular.

I do not trust the government to solve this issue. It is between employers and employees. Apparently the Danes agree with me because Denmark has NO MINIMUM WAGE LAW.

True. They do have something else that ensures that all Danes earn a living wage. Do you know what that is?

89.9% white people?

:rofl:
I kno

But for the most part the article answers it's own questions. The higher wages work in Denmark because Denmark is a tiny country of 5.6 million and the people there are wiling to pay more for a burger. The USA is a nation of 316 million and fast food consumers are expecting cheap food. Another factor is the private sector labor unions in Denmark are very powerful and popular. while in the USA they are weak and unpopular.

I do not trust the government to solve this issue. It is between employers and employees. Apparently the Danes agree with me because Denmark has NO MINIMUM WAGE LAW.

True. They do have something else that ensures that all Danes earn a living wage. Do you know what that is?

89.9% white people?

Nope. Want to try again?

I know. Do you?

Yes ... let's do the right thing and make sure that EVERYONE produces their share. If a person doesn't work ... he shouldn't eat. Plan, save, work hard, get educated, and stop complaining the "life isn't fair." It never has been, it isn't now, and it never will be.

Hmmmm. Should life be fair?
it would be nice if it was.....but we all know it isnt....and it will no doubt never be....

89.9% white people?

I kno

89.9% white people?

Nope. Want to try again?

I know. Do you?

You are not as cute as you think you are. I've asked the question. I'm waiting.

Yes ... let's do the right thing and make sure that EVERYONE produces their share. If a person doesn't work ... he shouldn't eat. Plan, save, work hard, get educated, and stop complaining the "life isn't fair." It never has been, it isn't now, and it never will be.

it would be nice if it was.....but we all know it isnt....and it will no doubt never be....

It can be fairer...and that is OK.

something is wrong when Sam Walton's daughter gets an $34,000,000,000 chunk of the company and the workers are on food stamps. What makes it worse is they make a goodly portion of thier money by selling cheap imported item. Thats A-OK for the resident eXtreme rightwingers to basically paying a stealth tax to support those workers while the do-nothing owner has a larger individual wealth than some countries.

Alice Walton - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
hey dumbass?.....you do realize i hope, that many of your fellow lefties also shop there, also paying that "stealth" tax.......yea i know,i was shocked too....

89.9% white people?

I kno

89.9% white people?

Nope. Want to try again?

I know. Do you?

If you have a point, make it. Otherwise piss off. I don't play 20 questions.

89.9% white people?

I kno

89.9% white people?

Nope. Want to try again?

I know. Do you?

Not 20. One. I asked you one question. If you don't know....that's cool. Just say so. What feature of Denmark's economy ensures that all working Danes earn a decent wage?

Not 20. One. I asked you one question. If you don't know....that's cool. Just say so. What feature of Denmark's economy ensures that all working Danes earn a decent wage?

last chance kid. make your point or piss off.....

I'm not going anywhere. You should have kept your mouth shut to begin with. A simple question has brought you to your knees. A bit of humility would serve you well.

I know. Do you?

I'm not going anywhere. You should have kept your mouth shut to begin with. A simple question has brought you to your knees. A bit of humility would serve you well.

:lol:
I know. Do you?

Invest in a mirror. :thup:

It's just a question, bro. It's OK to say that you don't know the answer. Really....it is.

Life should be fair; we should all be rolling in cash; we should all be able to live forever; none of us should ever get sick. And then we all woke up and faced reality (except for the liberals).

It's just a question, bro. It's OK to say that you don't know the answer. Really....it is.

I gave you the answer in my first post. The NYT article gives the answer. So, do you know it?

I gave you the answer in my first post. The NYT article gives the answer. So, do you know it?

You did...actually. I just reread your first post. Missed it the first time. How about that. My apologies.

You did...actually. I just reread your first post. Missed it the first time. How about that. My apologies.

No worries, we all make mistakes. Nice of you to admit it! Kudos for that. :thup:

No worries, we all make mistakes. Nice of you to admit it! Kudos for that. :thup:

When you make as many mistakes as I do....admitting them is easy.

Forum List

Back