Would You Like A Living Wage With That?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/28/b...ed-in-denmark-fast-food-restaurants.html?_r=0

No excuses. A burger flipper here.....in the greatest nation the world has ever known....ought to live better than a burger flipper anywhere.

Let's do the right thing, America.
I constantly hear about "living wage". It's a silly exaggeration. People don't die because they don't make enough money. If you don't make enough money flipping burgers to enjoy the life style you'd like, please, learn how to make more money. It's not hard. But please stop belly-aching about how little money a burger flipper makes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/28/b...ed-in-denmark-fast-food-restaurants.html?_r=0

No excuses. A burger flipper here.....in the greatest nation the world has ever known....ought to live better than a burger flipper anywhere.

Yes ... let's do the right thing and make sure that EVERYONE produces their share. If a person doesn't work ... he shouldn't eat. Plan, save, work hard, get educated, and stop complaining that "life isn't fair." It never has been, it isn't now, and it never will be.

Last edited:

I constantly hear about "living wage". It's a silly exaggeration. People don't die because they don't make enough money. If you don't make enough money flipping burgers to enjoy the life style you'd like, please, learn how to make more money. It's not hard. But please stop belly-aching about how little money a burger flipper makes.

Oh shit! I was afraid of this. I feared that a really smart and interesting conservative would come to this thread and school me on the subject of wages and shit!

Motherfucker! I'm totally out of my league here!

Yes ... let's do the right thing and make sure that EVERYONE produces their share. If a person doesn't work ... he shouldn't eat. Plan, save, work hard, get educated, and stop complaining the "life isn't fair." It never has been, it isn't now, and it never will be.

Hmmmm. Should life be fair?

Cotton: Amnesty Would Drive Down Wages and Increase Unemployment

Breitbart ^

In discussing U.S. immigration policy on Monday’s “Laura Ingraham Show,” U.S. Senate Tom Cotton (R-AR) cited illegal immigration as a “major issue” in his race in Arkansas, while also pointing out that based upon non-partisan analysis, the so called Gang of Eight bill previously passed by the Senate "would both drive down wages in America and increase unemployment". "I think we need to get Americans back to work before we worry about increasing the number of guest workers, or temporary visa holders we have in the country," he added. “In so many ways, this bill is just like Obamacare --...

What you are advocating will result in fewer human employees and More Robots.

What you are advocating will result in fewer human employees and More Robots.

Yeah? Cool. My youngest is studying robotics. This might turn him into a job creator! Yay robots!!!!

Ok, let me ask you this. Have you ever tipped at McDonalds or Burger King? Rush Limbaugh does. He's had the person ask their supervisor if it was ok to take a tip, and they were told yes, it's ok. So, if you really care fast food employees, why don't you tip them?

That's the difference between liberals and conservatives. Conservatives are generous with their money. Liberals are generous with other people's money.

Oh shit! I was afraid of this. I feared that a really smart and interesting conservative would come to this thread and school me on the subject of wages and shit!

Well ... someone needs to school you.

Well ... someone needs to school you.

Yeah......I know. I've heard that many times here. When is that going to happen? I need some schooling!

Ok, let me ask you this. Have you ever tipped at McDonalds or Burger King? Rush Limbaugh does. He's had the person ask their supervisor if it was ok to take a tip, and they were told yes, it's ok. So, if you really care fast food employees, why don't you tip them?

That's the difference between liberals and conservatives. Conservatives are generous with their money. Liberals are generous with other people's money.

Wow! A SUPERretard has entered the discussion. The answer to earning a living wage............tips!!!!

something is wrong when Sam Walton's daughter gets an $34,000,000,000 chunk of the company and the workers are on food stamps. What makes it worse is they make a goodly portion of thier money by selling cheap imported item. Thats A-OK for the resident eXtreme rightwingers to basically paying a stealth tax to support those workers while the do-nothing owner has a larger individual wealth than some countries.

Alice Walton - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

No thanks. I don't like to repeat Myself.

However, let us do the right thing and encourage this burger flipper to better him or her self.

Why you leftists hate the poor and under educated is beyond Me, but there you have it. By all means, lets make it so that the unskilled are unable to sell their only commodity.

Interesting article. :thup:

But for the most part the article answers it's own questions. The higher wages work in Denmark because Denmark is a tiny country of 5.6 million and the people there are wiling to pay more for a burger. The USA is a nation of 316 million and fast food consumers are expecting cheap food. Another factor is the private sector labor unions in Denmark are very powerful and popular. while in the USA they are weak and unpopular.

I do not trust the government to solve this issue. It is between employers and employees. Apparently the Danes agree with me because Denmark has NO MINIMUM WAGE LAW.

something is wrong when Sam Walton's daughter gets an $34,000,000,000 chunk of the company and the workers are on food stamps.
I don't see anything wrong with someone who started a company giving part of what he owns to his daughter, regardless of whether some of the employees are on food stamps. That is how it works, and that is how it should work... something I own I can give to whoever the hell I want.

something is wrong when Sam Walton's daughter gets an $34,000,000,000 chunk of the company and the workers are on food stamps.
I don't see anything wrong with someone who started a company giving part of what he owns to his daughter, regardless of whether some of the employees are on food stamps. That is how it works, and that is how it should work... something I own I can give to whoever the hell I want.
WHOOSH!!! The sound of my point going ver your thread. I pointed out her net worth and the fact that the largest number of people on food stamps, in that state as a group, were wally world employees. Its one thing to have 5-10- even $100,000,000 net worth and your employess are on food stamps but $34 BILLION? Give me a break.

But for the most part the article answers it's own questions. The higher wages work in Denmark because Denmark is a tiny country of 5.6 million and the people there are wiling to pay more for a burger. The USA is a nation of 316 million and fast food consumers are expecting cheap food. Another factor is the private sector labor unions in Denmark are very powerful and popular. while in the USA they are weak and unpopular.

I do not trust the government to solve this issue. It is between employers and employees. Apparently the Danes agree with me because Denmark has NO MINIMUM WAGE LAW.

True. They do have something else that ensures that all Danes earn a living wage. Do you know what that is?

True. They do have something else that ensures that all Danes earn a living wage. Do you know what that is?

89.9% white people?

:rofl:

89.9% white people?

:rofl:

Nope. Want to try again?

Forum List

Back