Would You Like A Living Wage With That?

:lol:
Invest in a mirror. :thup:

It's just a question, bro. It's OK to say that you don't know the answer. Really....it is.

I gave you the answer in my first post. The NYT article gives the answer. So, do you know it?

You did...actually. I just reread your first post. Missed it the first time. How about that. My apologies.

No worries, we all make mistakes. Nice of you to admit it! Kudos for that. :thup:

When you make as many mistakes as I do....admitting them is easy.

Mistakes are good. If you make enough of them you'll be successful at almost anything. trust me - I know!

It's the timid and close minded folks who are too afraid to read or try something new, or (gasp) make a mistake (never mind admitting them!) that worry me. They miss out on all that life has to offer. .....:thup:

WHOOSH!!! The sound of my point going ver your thread. I pointed out her net worth and the fact that the largest number of people on food stamps, in that state as a group, were wally world employees. Its one thing to have 5-10- even $100,000,000 net worth and your employess are on food stamps but $34 BILLION? Give me a break.
Your point didn't go over my head, I just fail to see what the amount of her ownership has to do with people on food stamps.

If they started that business and own then it is their money, it is ridiculous for you to draw an arbitrary line on wealth where you can decide if it is okay for someone to keep what they own. McDonalds, Burger King, the Mom & Pop store they all pay near min wage too.

Let's do the right thing, America.
Ok, let me ask you this. Have you ever tipped at McDonalds or Burger King? Rush Limbaugh does. He's had the person ask their supervisor if it was ok to take a tip, and they were told yes, it's ok. So, if you really care fast food employees, why don't you tip them?

That's the difference between liberals and conservatives. Conservatives are generous with their money. Liberals are generous with other people's money.

Amazing that a guy who wants to teach poor kids how to dumpster dive goes out of his way to tip a low wage person, while one of the purposes of his show is to make sure people in lesser jobs never get enough of a wage to live a decent life. Sure single mom, take the republican solution. After your macdogfood shift, go to night school to get ahead as if you really could afford it. Besides that, who watches the kid if you're a single mom? If you would have aborted the kid after the father found out you were pregnant and disappeared, most republicans/ conservatives would call that murder.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/28/b...ed-in-denmark-fast-food-restaurants.html?_r=0

No excuses. A burger flipper here.....in the greatest nation the world has ever known....ought to live better than a burger flipper anywhere.

I constantly hear about "living wage". It's a silly exaggeration. People don't die because they don't make enough money. If you don't make enough money flipping burgers to enjoy the life style you'd like, please, learn how to make more money. It's not hard. But please stop belly-aching about how little money a burger flipper makes.

Part of my chuckles whenever I see people wax on about a "living wage" but never define what that is. I looked my area up on one of those living wage calculators done by MIT and the living wage is $7.73 for an individual whose poverty wage incidentally would be $5.21 an hour based on a 2080 hour year, so basically the minimum wage worker isn't even poor.

... one of the purposes of his show is to make sure people in lesser jobs never get enough of a wage to live a decent life.
Jason, you really do need to chill out. There's only one purpose of Rush's show, and that's to make money for Rush. He says so on his show. I'll bet you don't listen to Rush, I do. I don't know any conservatives who want to make sure people can't get ahead. That's what liberals do. They do it with child labor laws, OSHA laws, environmental protection laws. You talk about single mothers. The single mother boom came as a direct result of aid to dependent children, which made mothers benefit financially by getting rid of the fathers. Minimum wage laws eliminate entry level jobs. Welfare pays more than the person is able to earn, keeping them out of the work force and unable to learn how to be productive. The only people in america who really want to work are the illegals, because they can't collect the benefits the liberals provide.

We should definitely make it illegal for people to work for less than a 'living wage'. In fact, we should just kill them if they can't make as much as LoneLaugher thinks is beneath him.

... one of the purposes of his show is to make sure people in lesser jobs never get enough of a wage to live a decent life.
Jason, you really do need to chill out. There's only one purpose of Rush's show, and that's to make money for Rush. He says so on his show. I'll bet you don't listen to Rush, I do. I don't know any conservatives who want to make sure people can't get ahead. That's what liberals do. They do it with child labor laws, OSHA laws, environmental protection laws. You talk about single mothers. The single mother boom came as a direct result of aid to dependent children, which made mothers benefit financially by getting rid of the fathers. Minimum wage laws eliminate entry level jobs. Welfare pays more than the person is able to earn, keeping them out of the work force and unable to learn how to be productive. The only people in america who really want to work are the illegals, because they can't collect the benefits the liberals provide.
the benefits the liberals provide?......where i live the State of California provides them....

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/28/b...ed-in-denmark-fast-food-restaurants.html?_r=0

No excuses. A burger flipper here.....in the greatest nation the world has ever known....ought to live better than a burger flipper anywhere.

I constantly hear about "living wage". It's a silly exaggeration. People don't die because they don't make enough money. If you don't make enough money flipping burgers to enjoy the life style you'd like, please, learn how to make more money. It's not hard. But please stop belly-aching about how little money a burger flipper makes.

Part of my chuckles whenever I see people wax on about a "living wage" but never define what that is. I looked my area up on one of those living wage calculators done by MIT and the living wage is $7.73 for an individual whose poverty wage incidentally would be $5.21 an hour based on a 2080 hour year, so basically the minimum wage worker isn't even poor.

in fact he would be rich by world standards. That is especially true when you count $10k a year in State of the Art free health care and $20k a year in free education for each of his children!

Oh shit! I was afraid of this. I feared that a really smart and interesting conservative would come to this thread and school me on the subject of wages and shit!

Motherfucker! I'm totally out of my league here!
Yes you are.

Oh shit! I was afraid of this. I feared that a really smart and interesting conservative would come to this thread and school me on the subject of wages and shit!

Well ... someone needs to school you.

People like him aren't capable of being educated.

If the only skill you have is flipping burgers, or the like, the problem is with you not the one being forced to pay you more now at $7.25 than those skills are worth.

yes the liberal wants to cut loose from things being priced at what they are worth in the market place between two free people to what he wishes they we worth so no one would ever have to work very very hard to be worth more than he was woth the day before.

If the only skill you have is flipping burgers, or the like, the problem is with you not the one being forced to pay you more now at $7.25 than those skills are worth.

yes the liberal wants to cut loose from things being priced at what they are worth in the market place between two free people to what he dictates them to be worth so no one will ever have to work very very hard to be worth more than he was wotth the day before.

yes the liberal wants to cut loose from things being priced at what they are worth in the market place between two free people to what he dictates them to be worth so no one will ever have to work very very hard to be worth more than he was wotth the day before.

not only would we like to pass a law such that every wage be a living wage but that every wage be at least $200K per year. Why play small ball!!

not only would we like to pass a law such that every wage be a living wage but that every wage be at least $200K per year. Why play small ball!!

That's what I don't get. If these idiots really think that wealth can be created by decree, why fuck around? Why not just add a couple of zeros to everyone's dollar bills?

When you think a burger flipper should make the same as a college grad yeah you are.

Forum List

Back