what will kill capitalism?

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
Don't know that I agree, but I do think that situation will hurt the country economically and culturally.

10660313_777492682318498_4993691473528552461_n.jpg

The original post is exactly correct, though; capitalism is self-defeating through aggregation of capital into the hands of a very few capitalists (in the extreme, and without regulation, into the hands of one capitalist). When there is no medium of exchange (money) left in the general population, there is no longer any exchange; hence, economic activity halts.

Marx pointed this out, and so did Smith. It is not really in dispute.

And then come the mobs.

The original post is exactly correct, though; capitalism is self-defeating through aggregation of capital into the hands of a very few capitalists (in the extreme, and without regulation, into the hands of one capitalist). When there is no medium of exchange (money) left in the general population, there is no longer any exchange; hence, economic activity halts.

And then come the mobs.
And the reason Marx's theory did not come to pass?

And then come the mobs.

Maybe FDR intervening in the thirties could be used as an example? I've heard it said that he saved the very class of people (the capitalists), who hated his interventions. I say maybe.

And then come the mobs.
The future is unwritten. This is not the end of history.

Marx was wrong regarding the future of capitalism. Marx had predicted in his dialectical;
that capitalism by its nature has to ruin a nation or its economy, and then communism woud step in. But it didn't happen. The reason capitalism is still here and still great is because governments and people changed capitalism to keep it capitalistic. Labor unions became legal; governments began to regulate corporations; income and some wealth is redistributed; some corporations have enlightened management, and the list of measures to keep capitalism capitalistic is long. But the capitalism that Marx saw has indeed been changed. The battle to keep capitalism capitalistic will continue, however, because unbridled capitalism still remains the home of greed.

Hyatt Hotel, run by Obama's SecCom. She FORGOT to list $80,000,000 in income on her disclosure forms.

Meanwhile Hyatt pays minimum wage to everyone but the Pritzkers! (that's my Progressive Marxist Democrat imitation -- pretty convincing, no?)

And then come the mobs.
Led by headless chickens?
"The same is true of a social system, such as capitalism. Because it appears to be alive and even strong, many are likely to be shocked by my assertion that capitalism is already dead. I would only ask you to recall, however, what Marx taught us about the deceptive nature of appearances.

"Have you ever seen a chicken with its head cut off, how it runs wildly about, sometimes for several seconds, before it collapses and dies? If you are small and unlucky enough to be in its way, you can get badly hurt by these final gyrations.

"Capitalism is a lot like this chicken.

"It has died, but doesn't know it, and is flailing away in its death throes, causing terrible harm to everyone within striking distance."

https://www.nyu.edu/projects/ollman/docs/china_speech.php

Forum List

Back