Would You Be For An Anti-Lynching Bill?

Are you for an Anti-Lynching Bill?

• I'm a Republican, and I'm FOR such a bill.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a Republican, and I'm AGAINST such a bill.

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I'm a Democrat, and I'm FOR such a bill.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • I'm a Democrat, and I'm AGAINST such a bill.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • I'm a Independent, and I'm FOR such a bill.

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • I'm a Independent, and I'm AGAINST such a bill.

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
They've been trying to get an anti-lynching bill signed in Congress for years now.

Are you for, or against such a bill? Why/why not?
Well, lynchings are pretty rare these days but I can't see any reason not to have an anti-lynching bill. It certainly can't do any harm.

How about a "anti-walking the plank bill" or a "anti-burning at the stake bill"

Maybe we could have an "anti-cat of nine tails" bill after those two
Well, none of those have the same historic connotations but whatever floats yer boat I guess.
Why does it need historic connotations?

Well, lynchings are pretty rare these days but I can't see any reason not to have an anti-lynching bill. It certainly can't do any harm.

Well, none of those have the same historic connotations but whatever floats yer boat I guess.

So, you want to pass a bill dealing with actions today based upon historical connotations vice what is actually happening today?

Is that really what you think the job of the government is?
They aren't really accomplishing anything else right now so why not?

The less they do the better off the country is.
While that doesn't really address my point and actually even undermines yours a bit I can't really disagree with you.

Why do we need an anti-lynching bill/law? Lynching is murder and it’s against the law. We don’t have anti-death by gunshot laws that I know of, or anti-stabbing someone to death laws. No matter how you kill someone you’ve broken the law and subject to punishment.
Weren't you one of those self-proclaimed conservatives that was for more laws over that Kathryn Steinle situation in where she got killed, by mistake, by an illegal immigrant? Republicans and self-proclaimed conservatives everywhere were screaming for adding more laws in that situation.

Wha happened?!?!??

14586004976957461.png

It depends on the details. That's where the devil is. What does this law do that murder laws don't?
Absolutely nothing. Except the 100,000th weak and stupid attempt at reinforcing the narrative that America is still racist.
Hey, give 'em credit, it's a shrewd (if terribly intellectually dishonest and cynical) political move.

It's not about who would vote for or against it, it's about the fact that it was brought up at all - as if it just HAD to be.

Nasty stuff.

They've been trying to get an anti-lynching bill signed in Congress for years now.

Why does it need historic connotations?
I didn't say it t needed them, I said the other things didn't have the same ones.

Why do we need an anti-lynching bill/law? Lynching is murder and it’s against the law. We don’t have anti-death by gunshot laws that I know of, or anti-stabbing someone to death laws. No matter how you kill someone you’ve broken the law and subject to punishment.
Weren't you one of those self-proclaimed conservatives that was for more laws over that Kathryn Steinle situation in where she got killed, by mistake, by an illegal immigrant? Republicans and self-proclaimed conservatives everywhere were screaming for adding more laws in that situation.

Wha happened?!?!??

14586004976957461.png
We need something more. A five times deported felon sneaks back in and steals a gun and murders Kate Steinle! We need a wall. A really big wall.

I am against all bullshit feel good legislation. Waste of time and money
Like the Kathryn Steinle laws most of your fellow self-proclaimed conservatives were screaming for not-too-long ago?

In that case something happened because the existing laws either aren't being enforced, or there is somewhere a gap that allows a person deported multiple times who comes back to walk the streets.

Again, when was the last time someone got away with a lynching?

]Hey, give 'em credit, it's a shrewd (if terribly intellectually dishonest and cynical) political move.

It's not about who would vote for or against it, it's about the fact that it was brought up at all - as if it just HAD to be.

Nasty stuff.

What you are posting hits the nail on the head, in my opinion. It provides the opportunity for African American Senators to create a lynching party for whomever doesn't vote for their bill.

It depends on the details. That's where the devil is. What does this law do that murder laws don't?
Absolutely nothing. Except the 100,000th weak and stupid attempt at reinforcing the narrative that America is still racist.
Hey, give 'em credit, it's a shrewd (if terribly intellectually dishonest and cynical) political move.

Nasty stuff.

Agreed.
And that is the crux of the race baiters like MarcATL.
They want racism to exist, they need racism to exist. And when they can't find it - they manufacture it.
The problem being, of course, that this constant need to victimize blacks is exactly why they are well behind other races.
It's like a child raised by enabling parents. As long as they have that place to go where they can do no wrong, never admonished for their short comings and their bad behavior is always someone else's doing - they will be brats their entire lives.

I am only for the anti-lynching bill so long as it excludes those in Congress.

Forum List

Back