Would You Be For An Anti-Lynching Bill?

Are you for an Anti-Lynching Bill?

• I'm a Republican, and I'm FOR such a bill.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a Republican, and I'm AGAINST such a bill.

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I'm a Democrat, and I'm FOR such a bill.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • I'm a Democrat, and I'm AGAINST such a bill.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • I'm a Independent, and I'm FOR such a bill.

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • I'm a Independent, and I'm AGAINST such a bill.

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
They've been trying to get an anti-lynching bill signed in Congress for years now.

Are you for, or against such a bill? Why/why not?

Day 454 of the 454 days in a row, MarcATL attempts to show whites are racist.
Wait for it.... the hook is coming.

They've been trying to get an anti-lynching bill signed in Congress for years now.

Well, lynchings are pretty rare these days but I can't see any reason not to have an anti-lynching bill. It certainly can't do any harm.

I guess in the same way I would be for a burning at the stake bill, or a tar and feathering bill. Both of those atrocities happened in the past and are deeply regrettable, but are unlikely to happen in the future. If they did, I have no doubt they would be dealt with swiftly and justly.

I tell you what I'm not for. Fanning up the flame of racial tensions for no apparent reason. Since there aren't too many lynchings around these days.

Why have a bill for something that does not happen much at all and is covered by dozens of other laws.

What's next, a "Anti-walking the plank" bill?

Well, lynchings are pretty rare these days but I can't see any reason not to have an anti-lynching bill. It certainly can't do any harm.

How about a "anti-walking the plank bill" or a "anti-burning at the stake bill"

Maybe we could have an "anti-cat of nine tails" bill after those two

It depends on the details. That's where the devil is. What does this law do that murder laws don't?

First question- who is the “they” trying to get an anti lynching bill?

Second question- are there people being lynched, do we have a lynching issue, why haven’t I heard about all these lynchings?

Third question- why are you such a transparent phony?

FYI- I didn’t answer your phony survey.

Well, none of those have the same historic connotations but whatever floats yer boat I guess.

Well, none of those have the same historic connotations but whatever floats yer boat I guess.

So, you want to pass a bill dealing with actions today based upon historical connotations vice what is actually happening today?

Is that really what you think the job of the government is?

Well except for Anthony Bourdain and that Fashion Designer. Oh wait, Robin Williams and and that Carradine guy, other than that nobody.

Forum List

Back