Would you accept $4,600 less to work from home?

How much is your free time worth?
Would you accept less money if you didn’t have to commute?

forget free time, it would be worth 4k to not commute.

save more than that on day care.

women in particular save $$$ on clothes and hair dos.

Over the course of a year, absolutely. Over the course of a month, no, I'd have my ass in the office and on time, though I have not had to punch a clock or even fill out a time sheet in 40 years, though, business mileage and expense accounts are a different matter, whether on branch business or corporate errands.

forget free time, it would be worth 4k to not commute.

save more than that on day care.

women in particular save $$$ on clothes and hair dos.
Even if you only commute 30 min each way, that is 250 hrs uncompensated each year plus 5000 miles on your vehicle

$4,600 less a year... Yep.. I could save that on gas and car expenses.
$4,600 a less a month.. no way.

Let's say I make $90,000. The company I work for is 7 minutes away by car. And I work from home 3 days a week. If they told me $4600 raise to come back to the office 5 days a week, I'd take it.

I used to work 1 hour away. That's 2 hours more added on to my work day. So 11 hours a day. 9+2 = 11. If it was like that, I wouldn't add 2 hours on to my day even if you gave me $20,000 a year more. No way. That's 1.5 hours a day more x 5 days a week. 7.5 hours a week more? FUCK THE $20K. I'm serious.

I'm so glad I found a job close to home.

Let's say I make $90,000. The company I work for is 7 minutes away by car. And I work from home 3 days a week. If they told me $4600 raise to come back to the office 5 days a week, I'd take it.

I used to work 1 hour away. That's 2 hours more added on to my work day. So 11 hours a day. 9+2 = 11. If it was like that, I wouldn't add 2 hours on to my day even if you gave me $20,000 a year more. No way. That's 1.5 hours a day more x 5 days a week. 7.5 hours a week more? FUCK THE $20K. I'm serious.

I'm so glad I found a job close to home.
I hope ohpleasejustquit tells me what he thinks is fake news. Is it how much I make? Because I usually just say I make $100K because I have a side gig. But that side gig is no more so I actually do make $90K, give or take. My salary is $70K but I also make $20K in commissions so give or take.

And I'm single, no kids, no student loan, no mortgage, live on a lake, have a pontoon, ebike, F150, lots of savings, a quad, and a brother who owns properties up North MI, Greece and Florida.

So technically because I have no kids, I'm upper middle class. And because my family has it's shit together, I'm basically rich. I don't need to be rich. I have properties I can use and I don't have to pay the bills. Even better. LOL

Forum List

Back