Worst case scenario - oil spill

I'm sorry you have to endure him.

what do you think about gslack's points about George W. Bush?

I wouldn't know his views on gdub, i have him on ignore.

Oh don't worry junior, I don't care if you have me on ignore... i am going to make sure others know who they are dealing with though. And when enough people realize you to be the useless little juvenile troll you really are, all the better for all of us....

Come on tell us how you are a PHD candidate in astrophysics, but didn't realize what FERMI was.......:lol::lol::lol:

You're dreaming chum. The American people read about the bronze age and don't want to revisit it. Your contention about alt energy products being competitive with coal are quite simply laughable. If the electric cars were as great as you guys claim they were they would be all over the place...guess what they suck! The amount of energy you have to use to recharge them is greater than the amount of energy to produce, transport and burn in a gasoline powered car.

Add to that the cost of a battery replacement when the NiMH batteries wear out (after 10 years) of 20,000 to 30,000
and you havn't saved a bloody thing! Plus the batteries are extremely toxic that have to be dealt with so please show me where they are a truly viable alternative.
The best outcome for this catastrophe is for the general public to realize that the use of petroleum of is simpy unsustainable. Same for coal. The price is just too high.

How much of our nation can we trash before we realize that we are defecating in our own kitchen?

The alternatives for energy are already competative with coal, even with considering the external prices associated with the burning of coal. When you consider the cost to our land, to our children poisened with the mercury and lead emmissions from coal, the increase in asthma associated with coal, the alternatives are far cheaper than coal.

Petroleum can be replaced with electric vehicles, and vehicles that burn such products as bacterial, or algal, biodiesel.

When the full scope of the catastrophe in the Gulf becomes apparent, I believe the American Public will demand these changes.

Last edited:
Uhhhhh because they aren't all over the place. Contrary to the propoganda espoused by the enviro fringe if electric cars were good the people would buy them in droves. It's kind of like the Stanley Steamer of old. It was a great idea till people figured out that in an accident they would be boiled alive. Everything in life has a cost/benefit ratio. Currently the benefits of electric cars are far outweighed by the costs. It's simple economics and the people aren't stupid.

If the electric cars were as great as you guys claim they were they would be all over the place
How do you know?

Uhhhhh because they aren't all over the place. Contrary to the propoganda espoused by the enviro fringe if electric cars were good the people would buy them in droves. It's kind of like the Stanley Steamer of old. It was a great idea till people figured out that in an accident they would be boiled alive. Everything in life has a cost/benefit ratio. Currently the benefits of electric cars are far outweighed by the costs. It's simple economics and the people aren't stupid.

If the electric cars were as great as you guys claim they were they would be all over the place
How do you know?

Well SOME people ARE STUPID.... ^^^^^
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The fact is whether or not we like it, the owner of the rig is responsible unless the lease agreement states otherwise. Just shouting about BP and blaming "big oil" because it somehow justifies an environmental position is not justice nor legal....

I've seen several reports that BP's insurance will pay for most of the damages. Why would they if BP wasn't liable?

I saw a report this morning with BP claiming they were not responsible..but in the same breath saying they would accept responsibility. If they are not responsible what sense is thier insurance or they agreeing publicly to pay for the damages?

At this point public relations is idiotic.
Apparently they are self-insured so it is almost certain they won't be able to afford to pay for everything.

BP will not pay all damages. Obama Lied AGAIN.

Federal law may limit BP liability in oil spill
A federal law may limit how much BP has to pay for damages such as lost wages and economic suffering in the Gulf Coast oil spill, despite President Barack Obama's assurances that taxpayers will not be on the hook.

A law passed in response to the 1989 Exxon Valdez spill in Alaska makes BP responsible for cleanup costs. But the law sets a $75 million limit on other kinds of damages.
He said they'd be responsible for the clean up costs. Lost wages? We'll all pay for that.

Yeah, I was thinking about that, too. I can't see BP surviving this and I just read they are self-insured ... in other words, they have to pay the cost of clean up out of their own pockets.

Not that it will matter much to me if the Florida coast is trashed.

Just what the economy needs. Another fucking huge government bailout.

Obama's Lawyers will fix everything Ravi. Only a week late out of the gate. No problem. ;););)
I've no idea what you think Obama could have done...I don't think anyone can really do much of anything if this is as bad as the link in the OP says. I don't even blame BP...I blame decades of letting the oil companies regulate themselves because so many voters in this country are convinced that regulation equals communism.

(sorry Xo!)

But go right ahead and blame Obama, I could care less...if this leads to more grown up thought over potential country destroying insanity I'm sure it will be blame well spent, however deluded.

I don't actually blame Obama - but.... (there's always a but with me!).... He was happy to allow further offshore drilling under the same regs.... so, in that respect, I do kind of blame him.... because he would have allowed exactly this to happen under his watch.

Yes...that was a stupid move on his part and one that would have led me to write in Hillary Clinton when I voted for president (because he campaigned with that position)...but then came Palin.

:lol:

Yes...that was a stupid move on his part and one that would have led me to write in Hillary Clinton when I voted for president (because he campaigned with that position)...but then came Palin.

Without doubt, HRC would have made a better POTUS than the boyking.

He was an idiot not to regulate offshore drilling before he said 'yes' to further drilling.

Without doubt, HRC would have made a better POTUS than the boyking.

He was an idiot not to regulate offshore drilling before he said 'yes' to further drilling.

I fully agree Obama is a joke, but I really don't think the policies would be much different with hillary. THis entire thing is the reality of party politics in a nutshell.

There is the show; The speeches, the claims, all the big talk. And then there is the reality. Like George W. talking like a conservative but his policies and fiscal decisions reflecting those of a bank loving progressive. And like Obama telling all the liberals what they wanted to hear about hope and change, and then his policies are George W. part 2....

Sure each one had a couple policies and legislations which reflected his party ideology. GW had the patriot act, Obama had healthcare. But in reality those things were coming anyway. They had to....

Without healthcare legislation over the next 5 years we would have lost more and more doctors due to rising malpractice insurance and billing practice difficulties due to the end user insurance costs. THis was a mass subsidizing of health insurance and malpractice insurance and insuring the poor was an added benefit and way to sell it.

Notice no one talks about the patriot act anymore? yeah funny but a year ago it was a terrible thing that stole freedom and endangered the right od the people, but today its not a problem... yeah it was coming regardless. it had to as well. Without it, all the conveniences they are using now to stifle discontent and limit the people's ability to voice their concerns wouldn't be so easy to use. notice every time you talk bad about obama the word treason is mentioned? Not a coincidence.....

Each party has the show and the bullshit they sell, and then the meat of their administration which often conflicts with their stated ideologies. So hillary or Obama wouldn't matter, the policies concerning things like off shore drilling were already coming...

Then there is that annoying smoking guy that is already sitting on your desk when you show up for the days activities in the oval office. He calmly explains some "truths" and how it really works and you are so stunned that you can't even speak...and when he puts his cigarrette out in the top of your desk right next to those other ciggy burns that no one seems to want to talk about ...and he walks out of yourr office...you finnaly "get it" and start thinking bout Michelle and the brats and all thosee hopey promissey shit ...well it just doesn't seem so ...well...practical...

Then there is that annoying smoking guy that is already sitting on your desk when you show up for the days activities in the oval office. He calmly explains some "truths" and how it really works and you are so stunned that you can't even speak...and when he puts his cigarrette out in the top of your desk right next to those other ciggy burns that no one seems to want to talk about ...and he walks out of yourr office...you finnaly "get it" and start thinking bout Michelle and the brats and all thosee hopey promissey shit ...well it just doesn't seem so ...well...practical...

Why you ray of sun shine you!!! Where have you been hiding it!!! :lol:

Why you ray of sun shine you!!! Where have you been hiding it!!! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry to bust the bubble...:lol::lol::lol:

Got some wicked rays poundin down on my eyeballs right this second....dark snow stormin clouds in the East...sunlight like laser beams ...warning of the morning....enjoy!

okay so who is the smoking guy? Obama? Also who is the other guy? You?

I'm sorry but I don't get the vague metaphor or whatever it's supposed to be..... I suppose I lack the patience to interpret a Haiku right now so just forgo the artsy-fartsy stuff for a second and just say what you mean outright please...

So we know that if electric cars were great, they'd be all over the place, because, they aren't all over the place? OK, that's logical.

How do you know?

Forum List

Back