World's fattest countries

Eating healthy in America cost a small fortune.
Your grocery bill will be at least double that of an unhealthy diet's bill.
Potato chips, soda, 1 gallon pails of artificial ice cream, frozen pizzas, ground beef, snack cakes etc. etc. are very-very cheap.
Produce is outrageous in America. Carrots, celery, green lettuce, asparagus, fresh fruit - cost a damn fortune.

Potato chips, soda, 1 gallon pails of artificial ice cream, frozen pizzas, ground beef, snack cakes etc. etc. are very-very cheap.
Produce is outrageous in America. Carrots, celery, green lettuce, asparagus, fresh fruit - cost a damn fortune.

So is meth. You do that as well? :lol:

I can't agree with that. People who eat all those empty calories are hungry all the time because they just don't get the nutrition they need. Good wholesome meals are filling and well worth the money spent. I fed my family good healthy produce. You may shell out more at the register, but the food will stay with you far longer than processed foods will. Don't believe it? Divvy up a meal of 500 calories consisting of potato chips. Now divvy up a meal of 500 calories consisting of lean meat or fish, and veggies. See which one you get hungry the fastest after you have eaten it. I don't spend any more on my food than a person on food stamps would get to spend for a month. You have to shop with skill and not buy so much perishable food that it would ruin before you ate it.

I really don't consider ground beef to be junk food. There are a lot of really good dishes that call for it. You don't have to slap it between two pieces of bread to have a meal. Another very inexpensive cut is brisket. My mother could made some really good meals with that. I remember the first time I ever had steak. I was about 14.

Last edited:
But its so tasty.:eusa_angel:

Ya, I bet there's nothing like a couple of pieces of fried chicken and a nice big hit of crack afterwards. :lol:

You should try it.

LOL. Don't know about the crack. But it's hard to ruin chicken. Today, I'm cooking up a pot of chicken noodle soup. I'm finally learning to cook smaller pots of stuff. But if I have too much, it goes to the freezer for later. It was really hard to get used to cooking for one.

Yet the Japanese don't have an obesity epidemic like the west does.

That's because they have healthy diet.

Every culture who adopts the diet of rich and stupid America pays for it with their health.

Japan is getting fatter and sicker.

I recall a UK study into obesity.
The asian( Indian subcontinent ) population was noted to be the most obese section of UK society.
Pakistani Muslims in the UK embrace the US diet?

Is mc Donald's halal?

Eejit!

If there is any doubt in your mind about America's collective obesity, visit Europe. 90% of the fat people you see there are American tourists. Europeans also illustrate the fact that you don't have to be beautiful to look good. If you are an appropriate weight for your height, are well groomed, and wear clothing that fits properly, most people can be reasonably attractive regardless of what God gave them in the way of natural beauty.

I personally am the perfect weight for someone about 6 inches taller than I am. But no matter what I do I can't make myself any taller.

Most fat people I see in the UK are not American tourists.

Same in France, Denmark, the Netherlands etc.
Perhaps you should try visiting places before you assume a position of expertise.......

That's not true at all.

Rice, beans, chicken and vegetables are quite cheap.

I've never understood this idea that chips, soda, and ice cream are cheap. Those were always special treats and only when there was a little extra money when I was growing up.

Last edited:
If there is any doubt in your mind about America's collective obesity, visit Europe. 90% of the fat people you see there are American tourists. Europeans also illustrate the fact that you don't have to be beautiful to look good. If you are an appropriate weight for your height, are well groomed, and wear clothing that fits properly, most people can be reasonably attractive regardless of what God gave them in the way of natural beauty.

I personally am the perfect weight for someone about 6 inches taller than I am. But no matter what I do I can't make myself any taller.

I've been to remote parts of Crete and Greece. LOTS of fat people in those places and they weren't Americans nor tourists. Obese is "average" among the traditional folks in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE. There are many native Mexicans that are very overweight also.

This is not just an American thing.

That's not true at all.

Rice, beans, chicken and vegetables are quite cheap.

I've never understood this idea that chips, soda, and ice cream are cheap. Those were always special treats and only when there was a little extra money when I was growing up.

There is an expensive version and a cheap version of pretty much everything in the grocery. When I buy potatoes, which is rare because I wasn't raised on them, I buy the cheapest thing they have. I keep packets of Idahoan instant on hand because a bag of potatoes will ruin before I will eat it. So, I think the processed is more economical for me. I hate to throw food away. But look at carrots. There is a range of prices, same with lettuce, greens, etc. I buy those English cucumbers, but I find them more like homegrown and that is just one of my little peccadillos. Canned goods, the same. I have experimented and now when I shop, I know which store brands I prefer over name brands. Some name brands I think are enough better that I will buy them instead of the store brand. But not many. Fresh frozen vegetables cook up just like fresh. I use a lot of those, and you don't have to cook them all at once.

I can't say I've ever seen anyone use food stamps and claim the food was for the dog, but I have seen a lot of individual ice cream cups, frozen pizza, chips, and a plethora of other junk.

Sometimes I think back to being newly married an having very little money. If I was running short, I would buy a small ham. There is no part of a ham that you can't use for something.

And we had a mayor in Paducah back in the 70s whose wife came her from Latvia. She had gotten caught up in world politics and she and her children ended up for a time in a Nazi concentration camp. She talked about how she fed her children with so little money when she came here. She would ask the butcher for 'dog bones.' And she would cook them up in a soup, cooking out all the nutritious marrow. She said he figured out what she was doing and would leave more meat on some of the 'bones.'

Honestly, we don't know what hunger is in this country. And our government allows so much waste. But then I started a thread asking if there might be an agenda. It's anybody's guess.

Last edited:

I can't agree with that. People who eat all those empty calories are hungry all the time because they just don't get the nutrition they need. Good wholesome meals are filling and well worth the money spent. I fed my family good healthy produce. You may shell out more at the register, but the food will stay with you far longer than processed foods will. Don't believe it? Divvy up a meal of 500 calories consisting of potato chips. Now divvy up a meal of 500 calories consisting of lean meat or fish, and veggies. See which one you get hungry the fastest after you have eaten it. I don't spend any more on my food than a person on food stamps would get to spend for a month. You have to shop with skill and not buy so much perishable food that it would ruin before you ate it.

I really don't consider ground beef to be junk food. There are a lot of really good dishes that call for it. You don't have to slap it between two pieces of bread to have a meal. Another very inexpensive cut is brisket. My mother could made some really good meals with that. I remember the first time I ever had steak. I was about 14.

That is kinda what I am saying though.
Families with low income can't shell out $50 a week just for produce.
And I agree with low nutritional foods they do not stick with you - so what do people do? They eat more junk food.
Not to mention soda pop, death in a bottle. Ridiculously bad for you. 16 teaspoons of sugar in one bottle. There are people who drink 2-3 bottles a day - that is 42 teaspoons of sugar!!

I cook my own food 90% of the time, it costs a little more but it tastes better and is more healthy. It is cheaper to just eat junk.

I eat junk food and food cooked at home.

I love pizza :)

The Pizza from the usual suspects Pizza Hut, Dominoes, Papa Johns etc all tastes terrible now, what happened? when I was in High School I loved Papa Johns. I only get pizza from little mom and pop Italian places now.

The Pizza from the usual suspects Pizza Hut, Dominoes, Papa Johns etc all tastes terrible now, what happened? when I was in High School I loved Papa Johns. I only get pizza from little mom and pop Italian places now.

You don't like Papa Johns anymore, damn shame :lol:

It just doesn't taste good to me anymore, their garlic sauce is ok but thats it.

I bet the first few times you went in one of those places, they thought you were going to rob them.

Forum List

Back