Why is it any of your business?

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Wanda Sykes And Dan Bucatinsky Discuss Same-Sex Marriage On 'Oprah's Next Chapter' (VIDEO)

Openly gay comedian Wanda Sykes has a question for the people who believe that same-sex marriage will damage the country: Do you know how many people got married yesterday?

"Neither do I, and I don't care. So why do you care?" she says in the above clip from "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing Sunday. The episode will feature a conversation about being gay in America between Sykes, "Modern Family" star Jesse Tyler Ferguson and "Scandal" star Dan Bucatinsky.

"I don't understand why people really get upset about something that doesn't affect them at all," Sykes says....

"The sanctity of marriage is that you can be on a contest and at the end of 12 weeks, you're going to marry -- for life -- or at least say vows to, a person from a reality show that you just met," he says. "And that doesn't threaten the sanctity of marriage? Are you kidding me?"

"That doesn't threaten the sanctity of marriage, but my love for my spouse of 21 years, and our two kids, is going to ruin families?" he continues. "It's maddening."

I LOVE Wanda Sykes but of course, I understand rw's won't agree with any of this. To save yourselves some time and trouble, I suggest just one of you make a gay insult at me and then the rest of you just type "ditto".

Alternatively, you could answer the question they (and I) ask:

Wanda Sykes And Dan Bucatinsky Discuss Same-Sex Marriage On 'Oprah's Next Chapter' (VIDEO)

Openly gay comedian Wanda Sykes has a question for the people who believe that same-sex marriage will damage the country: Do you know how many people got married yesterday?

"Neither do I, and I don't care. So why do you care?" she says in the above clip from "Oprah's Next Chapter" airing Sunday. The episode will feature a conversation about being gay in America between Sykes, "Modern Family" star Jesse Tyler Ferguson and "Scandal" star Dan Bucatinsky.

"I don't understand why people really get upset about something that doesn't affect them at all," Sykes says....

"The sanctity of marriage is that you can be on a contest and at the end of 12 weeks, you're going to marry -- for life -- or at least say vows to, a person from a reality show that you just met," he says. "And that doesn't threaten the sanctity of marriage? Are you kidding me?"

"That doesn't threaten the sanctity of marriage, but my love for my spouse of 21 years, and our two kids, is going to ruin families?" he continues. "It's maddening."

I LOVE Wanda Sykes but of course, I understand rw's won't agree with any of this. To save yourselves some time and trouble, I suggest just one of you make a gay insult at me and then the rest of you just type "ditto".

Why is marriage the government's business?

Why do you want to live like a Republican?

Why is marriage the government's business?

Why do you want to live like a Republican?

I don't believe it is the government's business.

And, my bet is that not one meddling rw can simply answer the question -

Why is it your business?

Why is it any of your business who own a gun, Dudley?

OMG I'm dying of laughter. LMAO:lol: The total lack of correlative reasoning is absolutely sky rocketing amazing. How often does a gay marriage result is someone dying? Seriously. Guns have ABSOLUTELY no connection to gay marriage. One is a moral, ethical issue. The other is a physical, practical issue. Owning a gun is not a moral or ethical issue. Good lord. This is not a playground where we squabble over marbles and all marbles are equal. Gay marriage and gun control have nothing, hear me, absolutely nothing in common.

OMG I'm dying of laughter. LMAO:lol: The total lack of correlative reasoning is absolutely sky rocketing amazing. How often does a gay marriage result is someone dying? Seriously. Guns have ABSOLUTELY no connection to gay marriage. One is a moral, ethical issue. The other is a physical, practical issue. Owning a gun is not a moral or ethical issue. Good lord. This is not a playground where we squabble over marbles and all marbles are equal. Gay marriage and gun control have nothing, hear me, absolutely nothing in common.

you are correct

One is a specifically mention right in the Constitution

the other is not

The right wants bigger and bigger government, more and more laws and fewer freedoms.

Maybe that's what he was referring to.

The right wants bigger and bigger government, more and more laws and fewer freedoms.

Maybe that's what he was referring to.

Ironic accusation coming from you, Dudley, when you clearly support the government monitoring and criticizing every single move we make in our lives. You're an oppressive authoritarian and would have been an excellent fit in Stalin's regime.

:rolleyes: The comment was tongue and cheek. It wasn't supposed to be taken seriously.

I don't know why gay marriage is such a big deal. That being said, I don't know why our government restricts any marriage between adults, including polygamy and polyandry. Marriage is a life contract between two or more adults and the government should sanction them all.

The issue about churches not marrying gays is simple. We have freedom of religion. If a church wedding is so important to you, form your own church. :eusa_pray:

Oh+the+irony.....+Hope+you+guys+see+the+irony+in_7edb6a_3176581.jpeg

If any adult or adults do anything that is not violating the rights of anyone else, then it's nobody's fucking business.

Forum List

Back