World's Best Headphones

Snouter

Can You Smell Me
Aug 3, 2013
Back in the 80's AKG were the best. The recent offerings like the K701 are very articulate but have weak bass. Even with the so called DIY mod. Believe or not the best headphones are made in the USA nowadays. Audeze pronounced "odyssey."

Depends on the application don't you think? Studio? Live mixing? Entertainment? Noise cancelling?

What do you think of [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-DT-990-Pro-250-Professional-Acoustically-Applications/dp/B0011UB9CQ/ref=pd_cp_e_0"]these[/ame]?

Heard good things about the Sennheiser PXC450 for noise cancelling...

I occasionally try other brands but keep coming back to AKG for good sound (OK, not always excellent) reproduction and because they've proven more durable. I especially like the models with the cords that pull away when stressed though I wish the disconnect were a little easier. Every now and then the jack gets damaged and is hellish to replace.

Depends on the application don't you think? Studio? Live mixing? Entertainment? Noise cancelling?

What do you think of these?

Heard good things about the Sennheiser PXC450 for noise cancelling...

Mine are noise cancelling smooth Bose headphones and they rock! The best base I have yet to hear. :D

I occasionally try other brands but keep coming back to AKG for good sound (OK, not always excellent) reproduction and because they've proven more durable. I especially like the models with the cords that pull away when stressed though I wish the disconnect were a little easier. Every now and then the jack gets damaged and is hellish to replace.

Durable they are, as many a radio station CE knows.

I believe AKG (and everybody else) makes a ton of different models though. Doesn't make much sense to toss out a brand name and make a blanket statement. Again it depends on the application. Durable is good for a radio studio or a live venue. Most of my use is studio, so sound quality is going to be a greater consideration than durability. Both would be ideal.

I'm still holding for the Beyerdynamics in lieu of something that surpasses them.

AKG K240 hanging on the console as I type. These are over five years old and haven't needed any repair. Of course I don't share them with ANYONE. That I didn't recall the exact model number in my first post is testimony that I haven't had to buy any new ones in a long, long time.

I like my Koss KTXPRO1 Titanium Driver Headphones.

1. Frequency Response: 15-25,000 Hz
2. Impedance: 60 ohms
3. Weight: 2.4 ounces
4. Sensitivity: 103 dB SPL/1mW
5. Distortion: Less than 0.2 percent

I listen to rock, jazz, blues, clasical...

AKG K240 hanging on the console as I type. These are over five years old and haven't needed any repair. Of course I don't share them with ANYONE. That I didn't recall the exact model number in my first post is testimony that I haven't had to buy any new ones in a long, long time.

Yeah, the radio studio standard like the RE20 mic. Made for putting on and taking off every few minutes. Rugged, as you first said.

I was just bidding on some Sennheiser PXC450s on eBay. Just missed it. Went for $150.

Yeah, the radio studio standard like the RE20 mic. Made for putting on and taking off every few minutes. Rugged, as you first said.

I was just bidding on some Sennheiser PXC450s on eBay. Just missed it. Went for $150.

Yes, RE20 is pretty much standard. I liked the old RCA 44s and 77s better but they weren't at all durable. My personal fave is a Sennheiser MD441U which cost about $250 15-20 years ago but now is worth over a grand. When not in actual use it lives in the original foam-protected box. Properly set, that thing could grow grapefruit-size agates on Shrillary.

I will try to do a vid demonstrating the difference with spectral equalization graphics. But long story short the LCD2 b l o w s away the K701.

Forum List

Back