World War One Through Arab Eyes

[
Those are examples of what the Arabs did in this War and afterwards..................Show that version of looking at WWI in ARAB EYES.......................

Perhaps they shouldn't have been animals and you could get some respect for that time period............Do you want respect for the systematic slaughter of the Armenians......................Chose to post on a dang Arab Web site.

They committed atrocities and got their collective asses kicked. GOOD.

Oh good grief! Please do us all a favour by learning the difference between Arabs and Turks. Thank you.

Same ideology, different ethnicity. Arabs did the same thing the Turks did for centuries, then the Turks took over and did the same. These are all fruits of Islam.

World War One was four years of bitter conflict from 1914 to 1918. Called 'The Great War' and the 'war to end all wars', it is often remembered for its grim and relentless trench warfare - with Europe seen as the main theatre of war.

But this was a battle fought on many fronts. There is a story other than the mainstream European narrative. It is not told as often but was of huge importance during the war and of lasting significance afterwards. It is the story of the Arab troops who were forced to fight on both sides but whose contribution is often forgotten.

Might be interesting viewing World War One Through Arab Eyes - Special series - Al Jazeera English
Why do you believe that the Arab perspective on World War I is going to be of any general interest, in a non-Arabic, non-Muslim setting?

What is your interest in doing so?

Or, put another way, what is your motivation?

All things Muslim (and all things Arabic) have been the subject of general suspicion in The West since 9-11 and the London Tube bombings, at the very least.

Whatever in the world possesses you to believe that folks in The West are particularly interested in viewing pro-Muslim, pro-Arabic documentaries designed to explain-away Muslim-Arab angst over the condition in which they find themselves in the modern world?

Last edited:
World War One was four years of bitter conflict from 1914 to 1918. Called 'The Great War' and the 'war to end all wars', it is often remembered for its grim and relentless trench warfare - with Europe seen as the main theatre of war.

But this was a battle fought on many fronts. There is a story other than the mainstream European narrative. It is not told as often but was of huge importance during the war and of lasting significance afterwards. It is the story of the Arab troops who were forced to fight on both sides but whose contribution is often forgotten.

Might be interesting viewing World War One Through Arab Eyes - Special series - Al Jazeera English
Why do you believe that the Arab perspective on World War I is going to be of any general interest, in a non-Arabic, non-Muslim setting?

Because he's an Arab posing as a white Christian. Oldest trick in the book by team Palestine. Sure you have a few dedicated Nazi types, but most of the anti Semites here are posers like challenger.

...Because he's an Arab posing as a white Christian. Oldest trick in the book by team Palestine. Sure you have a few dedicated Nazi types, but most of the anti Semites here are posers like challenger.
Well, he-she-it does seem overly-persistent in advancing the Muslim-Arabic agenda, insofar as several months of casual observation have led me to believe.

Muslim-Arab... or Convert to Islam... or one of those Hate-Your-Own-Culture-and-Side-with-Others uber-liberal internationalists with a badly-wired brain... or some other explanation... I dunno... but the persistence in advancing the Muslim-Arabic agenda is something that a blind man could spot a mile off... just sayin'.

...Because he's an Arab posing as a white Christian. Oldest trick in the book by team Palestine. Sure you have a few dedicated Nazi types, but most of the anti Semites here are posers like challenger.
Well, he-she-it does seem overly-persistent in advancing the Muslim-Arabic agenda, insofar as several months of casual observation have led me to believe.

Muslim-Arab... or Convert to Islam... or one of those Hate-Your-Own-Culture-and-Side-with-Others uber-liberal internationalists with a badly-wired brain... or some other explanation... I dunno... but the persistence in advancing the Muslim-Arabic agenda is something that a blind man could spot a mile off... just sayin'.

Exactly. I was watching Al Jazeera the other day and they were showing this documentary "the day Israel attacked America". It was a one hour show about the USS Liberty, all false propaganda and lies. They made it look like the event wasn't investigated and the govt. squashed all efforts. The narrator then went ahead and complained about how US grew even closer to Israel since the incident, and aid kept increasing.

This is the "Arab View", aka promoting the Arab Islamist agenda. I don't understand why Al Jazeera is even given a broadcasting license.

...I don't understand why Al Jazeera is even given a broadcasting license.
Probably because they have (and still do?) intersperse their Muslim-Arab Agenda actions with enough Objective Coverage to mask their true intent and goals?

Connect that 'masking' strategy to a number of countries-cultures where Freedom of Speech is highly prized, and, viola, instant lightweight (and backup) propaganda outlet; cleverly disguised, but ready to 'get serious' and push the Muslim-Arab agenda at critical points and at critical times.

A well-disguised Fifth Columnist organization? Possibly. I dunno.

If things 'hot-up' with Islamists and al-Jazeera gets out of hand, I'm sure the licenses will be pulled, but we're nowhere near there, yet.

...I don't understand why Al Jazeera is even given a broadcasting license.
Probably because they have (and still do?) intersperse their Muslim-Arab Agenda actions with enough Objective Coverage to mask their true intent and goals?

Connect that 'masking' strategy to a number of countries-cultures where Freedom of Speech is highly prized, and, viola, instant lightweight (and backup) propaganda outlet; cleverly disguised, but ready to 'get serious' and push the Muslim-Arab agenda at critical points and at critical times.

A well-disguised Fifth Columnist organization? Possibly. I dunno.

If things 'hot-up' with Islamists and al-Jazeera gets out of hand, I'm sure the licenses will be pulled, but we're nowhere near there, yet.

Like you said they disguise their intentions with other "objective" programming, modeled after CNN. Another documentary they aired was all about the horros of oil fracking and its overall effect on the communities where it is done. As with the Liberty documentary, the entire program was devoted to bashing fracking. It was obvious that they were trying to create public resentment against fracking, and therefore slowing down the U.S.' drive towards energy independence. Hence the Arab agenda.

Wong again Rude-eee, I'm a Humanist; always have been since I could think for myself. Look it up if you're interested, if not, no loss.

If you were any sort of actual humanist, you wouldn't be such a fan boy for the very antithesis thereof.

A person would have to be awfully stupid to turn themselves into a champion for Islamism while claiming they do so under the banner of humanism.

Most of us have spent time at Ypres and Gallipoli?

Come now, you jest.

Well...maybe not on this board, I guess.

But in Europe and to some extent Australasia, then yeah, most people will travel to the old WWI and WWII sites their countries were involved in. Likewise Auschwitz, Berlin and those kind of places. They are places of pilgrimmage, in a sense. It's how people learn about history.
Didn't see you lived in Finland.

I've seen the major Revolutionary and Civil War battlefields here, and some of the Pacific battlefields like around Manila, on Guam, and Okinawa.

Roadrunner-

I've spent a bit of time in places like Ypres and Gallipolli, as I guess most of us have, so of course I knew that colonial troops were used - but I hadn't heard that France had used Tunisians troops as canon fodder.

I've stayed in Ypres several times and toured the Western Front (as was). My interest in WW1 was piqued when I was driving along the road that links Albert to Bapaume, the D929, and evey so often there would be a sign saying "limit of advance" on a given date. Very evocative and quite moving, given the whole distance was 11 miles and the last sign as just outside le Sars, 6 miles or so down the road. It took them 4 months to gain that distance.

Wong again Rude-eee, I'm a Humanist; always have been since I could think for myself. Look it up if you're interested, if not, no loss.

If you were any sort of actual humanist, you wouldn't be such a fan boy for the very antithesis thereof.

A person would have to be awfully stupid to turn themselves into a champion for Islamism while claiming they do so under the banner of humanism.

Point out to me please, where I have ever championed Islamism.

Roadrunner-

I've spent a bit of time in places like Ypres and Gallipolli, as I guess most of us have, so of course I knew that colonial troops were used - but I hadn't heard that France had used Tunisians troops as canon fodder.

I've stayed in Ypres several times and toured the Western Front (as was). My interest in WW1 was piqued when I was driving along the road that links Albert to Bapaume, the D929, and evey so often there would be a sign saying "limit of advance" on a given date. Very evocative and quite moving, given the whole distance was 11 miles and the last sign as just outside le Sars, 6 miles or so down the road. It took them 4 months to gain that distance.
My grandmother's next door neighbour died 11/11/18.

I knew his younger brother, who was seven when his brother was killed on the very last day of the war.
Charles Millet
Private, U.S. Army
356th Infantry Regiment, 89th Infantry Division
Entered the Service from: Louisiana
Died: November 11, 1918
Buried at: Plot G Row 21 Grave 30
Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery
Romagne, France

Always wanted to visit his grave, and tour battlefields in France, and in Russia.

Would love to go to Kursk, Stalingrad, and such.

Last edited:

All things Muslim (and all things Arabic) have been the subject of general suspicion in The West since 9-11 and the London Tube bombings, at the very least.

Whatever in the world possesses you to believe that folks in The West are particularly interested in viewing pro-Muslim, pro-Arabic documentaries designed to explain-away Muslim-Arab angst over the condition in which they find themselves in the modern world?

See post #13 and post#17

can you define YOUR USAGE of the term ISLAMICISM?

Roadrunner-

All troops were used as cannon fodder.

Americans were used as cannon fodder too.

My grandmother's next door neighbour died on November 11, 1918.

There was an investigation as to why some idiot ordered an attack on the Germans, who fired back, reluctantly.

Don't recall his unit at this time, but there was no reason for the action that led to his death.

Is this it?

"At sixteen minutes before 11, a runner caught up with the 313th's parent 157th Brigade to report that the armistice had been signed. Again, the message made no mention of what to do in the interim. Brigadier General William Nicholson, commanding the brigade, made his decision: 'There will be absolutely no let-up until 11:00 a.m.' More runners were dispatched to spread the word to the farthest advanced regiments, including Gunther's. The 313th now gathered below a ridge called the Côte Romagne. Two German machine gun squads manning a roadblock watched, disbelieving, as shapes began emerging from the fog. Gunther and Sergeant Powell dropped to the ground as bullets sang above their heads. The Germans then ceased firing, assuming that the Americans would have the good sense to stop with the end so near. Suddenly, Powell saw Gunther rise and begin loping toward the machine guns. He shouted for Gunther to stop. The machine gunners waved him back, but Gunther kept advancing. The enemy reluctantly fired a five-round burst. Gunther was struck in the left temple and died instantly. The time was 10:59 a.m. General Pershing's order of the day would later record Henry Gunther as the last American killed in the war." - World War I Wasted Lives on Armistice Day

Verdun: toured it for a single day, on foot, before catching a train for Paris. An eye-opening and humbling experience.

Roadrunner-

There was an investigation as to why some idiot ordered an attack on the Germans, who fired back, reluctantly.

Don't recall his unit at this time, but there was no reason for the action that led to his death.

Is this it?

"At sixteen minutes before 11, a runner caught up with the 313th's parent 157th Brigade to report that the armistice had been signed. Again, the message made no mention of what to do in the interim. Brigadier General William Nicholson, commanding the brigade, made his decision: 'There will be absolutely no let-up until 11:00 a.m.' More runners were dispatched to spread the word to the farthest advanced regiments, including Gunther's. The 313th now gathered below a ridge called the Côte Romagne. Two German machine gun squads manning a roadblock watched, disbelieving, as shapes began emerging from the fog. Gunther and Sergeant Powell dropped to the ground as bullets sang above their heads. The Germans then ceased firing, assuming that the Americans would have the good sense to stop with the end so near. Suddenly, Powell saw Gunther rise and begin loping toward the machine guns. He shouted for Gunther to stop. The machine gunners waved him back, but Gunther kept advancing. The enemy reluctantly fired a five-round burst. Gunther was struck in the left temple and died instantly. The time was 10:59 a.m. General Pershing's order of the day would later record Henry Gunther as the last American killed in the war." - World War I Wasted Lives on Armistice Day
He was in the 356th Infantry Regiment, 89th Infantry Division.

I am sure it was a similar incident with a similar officer that should have been shot.

Roadrunner-

Is this it?

He was in the 356th Infantry Regiment, 89th Infantry Division.

I am sure it was a similar incident with a similar officer that should have been shot.

Probably to with this attack then:
"The recklessness of General Wright, of the 89th American Division, is a case in point. Seeing his troops were exhausted and dirty, and hearing there were bathing facilities available in the nearby town of Stenay, he decided to take the town so his men could refresh themselves. "That lunatic decision cost something like 300 casualties, many of them battle deaths, for an inconceivable reason," says Mr Persico. -BBC documentary, "The last soldiers to die in WW1"

Verdun: toured it for a single day, on foot, before catching a train for Paris. An eye-opening and humbling experience.

They all are. never been to Verdun as I'm more interested in the British side, but friends who have been have shown me photos, the Douaumont ossuary is quite macabre, but at least the French put the bones of French and German dead together; a cause for optimism. All wars end eventually.

can you define YOUR USAGE of the term ISLAMICISM?
Yes.

Forum List

Back