World War One Through Arab Eyes

Challenger

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2014
United Kingdom
World War One was four years of bitter conflict from 1914 to 1918. Called 'The Great War' and the 'war to end all wars', it is often remembered for its grim and relentless trench warfare - with Europe seen as the main theatre of war.

But this was a battle fought on many fronts. There is a story other than the mainstream European narrative. It is not told as often but was of huge importance during the war and of lasting significance afterwards. It is the story of the Arab troops who were forced to fight on both sides but whose contribution is often forgotten.

Might be interesting viewing World War One Through Arab Eyes - Special series - Al Jazeera English

ROFLMAO------the "arab perspective"-----well---not really---it is the MUSLIM PERSPECTIVE----the end of that "noble" lump of shit-----the OTTOMAN CALIPHATE -----bloody genocidal pigs ----lost control and not the pigs and dogs are killing tens of thousands per week in order to RESTORE THE STENCH

World War One was four years of bitter conflict from 1914 to 1918. Called 'The Great War' and the 'war to end all wars', it is often remembered for its grim and relentless trench warfare - with Europe seen as the main theatre of war.

But this was a battle fought on many fronts. There is a story other than the mainstream European narrative. It is not told as often but was of huge importance during the war and of lasting significance afterwards. It is the story of the Arab troops who were forced to fight on both sides but whose contribution is often forgotten.

Might be interesting viewing World War One Through Arab Eyes - Special series - Al Jazeera English

You can't blame Challenger, he is very interested in things according to "Arab eyes", because he converted to a religion created by an Arabian warlord terrorist.

You can't blame Challenger, he is very interested in things according to "Arab eyes", because he converted to a religion created by an Arabian warlord terrorist.
Wong again Rude-eee, I'm a Humanist; always have been since I could think for myself. Look it up if you're interested, if not, no loss.

ROFLMAO------the "arab perspective"-----well---not really---it is the MUSLIM PERSPECTIVE----the end of that "noble" lump of shit-----the OTTOMAN CALIPHATE -----bloody genocidal pigs ----lost control and not the pigs and dogs are killing tens of thousands per week in order to RESTORE THE STENCH
Wow, someone needs to take their medication again. irosie91 seems to be posting in the same style as Phoney, either they're both on the same meds or....

On a more compassionate note----Roudy-----the loss of "THE CALIPHATE"----so I have been told----was a MIGHTY BLOW to the hearts of the members of the UMMAH--------CALIPHATE IS ALL!!!!! just as
REICH is all to standard Nazis . If I have no heard about the NOBLE CALIPHATE for years from enthusiastic droolers-------I would be surprised at what is going on now-----over there------I am not surprised.
In fact I am bit surprised that more of the idiots are not marching toward Iraq screaming "allahuakbaarrrr" and
swinging scimitars

Wong again Rude-eee, I'm a Humanist; always have been since I could think for myself. Look it up if you're interested, if not, no loss.
Ah a humanist who is obsessed only with the "sufferings" of Arabs and Muslims. Ha ha ha.

Roudy-----you just DON't GET IT------challenge has the
BIG BAD BAGHDADDY complex of
**)) THE CALIPHATE ((***

Roudy-----you just DON't GET IT------challenge has the
BIG BAD BAGHDADDY complex of
**)) THE CALIPHATE ((***
I'm a big bad Baghdaddy and Basrawi and Kurdish and Iranian...by ancestry. So you better not mess with me! Ha ha ha.

For those interested, episode 1 is now available on you tube

Since World War I was so many years ago, I think most people would find it more interesting to see how Europe is falling to the Muslims, especially Great Britain, and how many of the Englishmen there are looking forward to becoming Dhimmis. As one Paki Brit poster always would say that the Muslims will be able to take over because they are the ones having all the babies. Do you think you can convince Al Jazeera to do a documentary on that?

Since World War I was so many years ago, I think most people would find it more interesting to see how Europe is falling to the Muslims, especially Great Britain, and how many of the Englishmen there are looking forward to becoming Dhimmis. As one Paki Brit poster always would say that the Muslims will be able to take over because they are the ones having all the babies. Do you think you can convince Al Jazeera to do a documentary on that?

The current Muslim population of the UK is less that 5% of the total; very long way to go before we here "fall" to anyone. I'm more worried about Pagans, imagine if they take over, all that naked dancing around in the trees; some sights are better left unseen. :D

As for Europe "falling" in 2010 there were 44,138,000 muslims in Europe 6% of the total population. Given current fertility rates amongst muslims in Europe, by 2030 there will be 58,209,000 or 8% of the projected total population. The Future of the Global Muslim Population Pew Research Center s Religion Public Life Project So not much point making a documentarty about this topic unless you want to pander to the Islamophobic right-wing scare-mongerers (aka Fascists and NeoNazis) that Europe is cursed with at trhe moment. As it happens there are several documentaries available about the rise of Nazism in post-war Europe; I suppose that shows the relative levels of concern amongst normal Europeans.

Last edited:

Ah a humanist who is obsessed only with the "sufferings" of Arabs and Muslims. Ha ha ha.

I'm not "obsessed" with anything; I leave that to you and your kind- the racists, the bigots, the cowards, the uneducated, the foolish and the downright stupid.

I'm not "obsessed" with anything; I leave that to you and your kind- the racists, the bigots, the cowards, the uneducated, the foolish and the downright stupid.

I think the above description describes you to a T. This is the Middle East forum where over 200,000 people have been killed, probably just as many or more wounded, and over 2 million plus refugees. You have had nothing to say about what is happening, but you drag yourself over here to get people to start watching a video of a war which happened 100 years ago as if that was more important to what is happening now. We can come up with something in later years if videos like this are so important. Perhaps you can have Al Jazeera make a video of the Japanese Americans who fought in World War II. Did you know that those Japanese American soldiers won the most medals of any other group? Perhaps the Al Jazeera video about World War II could mention that many Italian and German Americans fought in Europe against the Nazis.

The current Muslim population of the UK is less that 5% of the total; very long way to go before we here "fall" to anyone. I'm more worried about Pagans, imagine if they take over, all that naked dancing around in the trees; some sights are better left unseen. :D

As for Europe "falling" in 2010 there were 44,138,000 muslims in Europe 6% of the total population. Given current fertility rates amongst muslims in Europe, by 2030 there will be 58,209,000 or 8% of the projected total population. The Future of the Global Muslim Population Pew Research Center s Religion Public Life Project So not much point making a documentarty about this topic unless you want to pander to the Islamophobic right-wing scare-mongerers (aka Fascists and NeoNazis) that Europe is cursed with at trhe moment. As it happens there are several documentaries available about the rise of Nazism in post-war Europe; I suppose that shows the relative levels of concern amongst normal Europeans.

Perhaps you are not worried, but many in Europe have seen the changes in their own countries and are certainly worried. Why not go into one of those No Go areas and tell the people that they are not going to take over any time soon, but be patient. I wish the Paki Brit were posting here, and he could tell you that he doesn't care how his brethren abuse young White women because all these women are just White Meat.

Yeah? What's your excuse, other than being a Jew hating asshole convert to Islam?

How about showing things from the "eyes" of people killed, oppressed, and persecuted by your fellow Arab Muslims? Or are your crocodile tears only reserved for Islamist savages getting consequences for their barbaric actions?

I think the above description describes you to a T. This is the Middle East forum where over 200,000 people have been killed, probably just as many or more wounded, and over 2 million plus refugees. You have had nothing to say about what is happening, but you drag yourself over here to get people to start watching a video of a war which happened 100 years ago as if that was more important to what is happening now. We can come up with something in later years if videos like this are so important. Perhaps you can have Al Jazeera make a video of the Japanese Americans who fought in World War II. Did you know that those Japanese American soldiers won the most medals of any other group? Perhaps the Al Jazeera video about World War II could mention that many Italian and German Americans fought in Europe against the Nazis.

...This is the Middle East forum where over 200,000 people have been killed, probably just as many or more wounded, and over 2 million plus refugees...

Seriously? THIS FORUM is responsible for 200,000 deaths and over 2million refugees! Danger! Danger! an internet forum has WMDs and has been taken over by Al-quaeda?/IS/Taliban/(insert favourite enemy name here) where can I report this? :cuckoo:

This forum has a "drag people over" facility? well I never knew that, where's the button?

The title of this forum is "Middle East-General- general discussion about the Middle East" Where does it say you can't post topics of general interest relating to the history of the region? Apart from being informative in general, this series of films provides context to the current conflicts going on there. When America emarked on the ill-conceived "fuck-ups" that are Aghanistan and Iraq, your officers were issued with copies of the book, "Seven Pillars of Wisdom" by T.E. Lawrence aka "Lawrence of Arabia" to learn about Arab culture and how to deal with Arabs (Lawrence got his soubriquet during the campaigns documented in this programme) that was the best you could do; read a book published in 1922; such was the dearth of information available in the West.

Sun Tzu said, "If you know the enemy and you know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you know Heaven and you know Earth, you may make your victory complete."

And you people wonder why you are losing out there; just can't be bothered to "know your enemy". Historical context is important, if you don't realise that, then you fit into one of these categories: the uneducated, the foolish or the downright stupid .

Challenger -

My advice would be to put some of the spammers here on Ignore Mode. It makes it a lot easier to filter out the sane, on-topic responses from those that are only interested in spamming threads into oblivion so that no sensible debate can take place.

As to the topic, I've always been fascinated by Lawrence of Arabia and the events of Aqaba and Wadi Rum - interested enough to visit both, anyway. Sleeping under the stars in the Jordanian desert close to Lawrence's old campsite is one of the great experiences of my life. Magical.

I suppose WWI events in Turkey are more familiar to those of us in Europe - particularly Gallipolli - but much less so in the Levant and Egypt. Even WWII battles like El Alamein seem to be almost forgotten these days, which is a shame.

I'll watch the documentary with interest.

Perhaps you are not worried, but many in Europe have seen the changes in their own countries and are certainly worried. Why not go into one of those No Go areas and tell the people that they are not going to take over any time soon, but be patient. I wish the Paki Brit were posting here, and he could tell you that he doesn't care how his brethren abuse young White women because all these women are just White Meat.

Perhaps you are not worried, but many in Europe have seen the changes in their own countries and are certainly worried.

They would be the uneducated, the foolish or the downright stupid; or the far-Right politicians who exploit those traits for their own agendas. Care to point out to where these "no-go" areas are? I've travelled to many european countries and cities in my time and must have missed them, never saw that many obvious Muslims either, for that matter, except in the London boroughs of Kilburn and Islington which have thriving Muslim communities, and curiously enough a thriving Jewish community in Kilburn which gets along fine with their neighbours.

Yes, there will be exceptions. For every Right-wing skinhead nut-job, you will find a Radicalised Muslim fundamerntalist nut-job and women are abused all over the world by men, regardless of their religion or ethnicity, that's the real crime.

Challenger -

My advice would be to put some of the spammers here on Ignore Mode. It makes it a lot easier to filter out the sane, on-topic responses from those that are only interested in spamming threads into oblivion so that no sensible debate can take place.

As to the topic, I've always been fascinated by Lawrence of Arabia and the events of Aqaba and Wadi Rum - interested enough to visit both, anyway. Sleeping under the stars in the Jordanian desert close to Lawrence's old campsite is one of the great experiences of my life. Magical.

I suppose WWI events in Turkey are more familiar to those of us in Europe - particularly Gallipolli - but much less so in the Levant and Egypt. Even WWII battles like El Alamein seem to be almost forgotten these days, which is a shame.

I'll watch the documentary with interest.

Thanks, but ignoring them won't make them go away, I prefer to swat them when they get too bothersome. :D

I envy you, I've never been to Jordan, visiting Petra is on my bucket-list and yes the campaigns in the region in both WW1 and WW2 are always woth a look at. I'll bet most of the membership here dont know anything about the Great Iraqi Revolt in 1920 or the Anglo-Iraq war in 1941, probably explains why we're making the same mistakes there now.

Forum List

Back