World Series you'd like to see

Two things:

I remember Clint Hurdle from when he played for Merritt Island High School (Mustangs) in the mid-1970s (Florida). I went to a rival High School, although later. He became a really bad drunk during his playing days, the result being a permanently reddened facial complexion.

I've always hated the Dodgers. Hated them almost as much as I hated the Red Sox, since I grew up in New Jersey and was a huge Yankees fan. I thought it was heresy for Steinbrenner to trade Yankee captain Willie Randolph to the Dodgers, which started to break the Yankees hold over me.

But now my all-time favorite player, Don Mattingly, is managing the Dodgers, so I'm very torn. I want nothing but success for Donnie Baseball but have a hard time wishing the Dodgers well.

Two things:

I remember Clint Hurdle from when he played for Merritt Island High School (Mustangs) in the mid-1970s (Florida). I went to a rival High School, although later. He became a really bad drunk during his playing days, the result being a permanently reddened facial complexion.

I've always hated the Dodgers. Hated them almost as much as I hated the Red Sox, since I grew up in New Jersey and was a huge Yankees fan. I thought it was heresy for Steinbrenner to trade Yankee captain Willie Randolph to the Dodgers, which started to break the Yankees hold over me.

But now my all-time favorite player, Don Mattingly, is managing the Dodgers, so I'm very torn. I want nothing but success for Donnie Baseball but have a hard time wishing the Dodgers well.

wow i never knew that about hurdle.for you to remember him back then in HIGH SCHOOL,i assume you grew up in the same area he did?

Two things:

wow i never knew that about hurdle.for you to remember him back then in HIGH SCHOOL,i assume you grew up in the same area he did?
I had just moved to the area. But he was big news. He dominated at High School baseball, and graduated in 1975. That same year he was drafted by the Royals as the 9th pick. Right out of High School. He started with them in 1977.

I hate to disappoint everybody, but it's going to be a Dodgers vs Angels Freeway Series.

So all you little baseball bitches can just stay home and watch So Cal do this Series right!

Except for the ones in Seattle, you're banned from watching any baseball for life!
originally i was thinking you would be right that these two teams would mee,now i am thinking it will only be the dodgers and angels after my royals won last night against the angels.i mean they beat the team with the best record in the american league on the road no less!!!!

my royals are just one win away from making it to the championship series.I keep telling everyone here dont count these guys out but nobody listens. they just beat the team with the best record in baseball the angels twice recently,what else do they have to do for people around here to take them seriously?:rolleyes-41:

Here's my prediction, from April 4, 2014:

The Braves are going to win the N.L. East.

I also feel good about the Tigers, Dodgers, Pirates, Rays, San Fran, Orioles, Red Sox.

And I always feel good about the Cubs this time of year. But that usually doesn't last long.

I did pretty damn well. No one was picking the Orioles, and very few were picking the Pirates.

The Braves were on their way, but just collapsed.

I would not be the least surprised to find out that the Braves did not make a single effort to bunt for a base hit this season. I certainly didn't see it.

That was a hell of a game last night between the Nats and Giants.
It was awesome, after the 14th inning or so.

Naturally because I'm a Giants fan.

I had time to squeeze in some shopping, dinner with friends, and still watched hours of baseball.

I bet both teams are glad none of their pitchers have to work today

It's incredible that Buster Posey caught the entire 18 innings, basically 2 games without rest.

Even on double-header days, catchers usually get one of the games off.

Forum List

Back