World Series, pick your poison

as usual,the clone of whitey herzog, ned yost cost the royals from winning one of the games against the giants saturday night.the royals could really have broken the game open and won had yost had billy butler pinch hit for vargas who was struggling at that point but no,yost left vargas in to hit with the bases loaded and even though he was struggling at that point. He brought vargas back in to pitch the next inning after he flied out and he could get nobody out.

as us royal fans all know,the royals win their games despite whitey herzog-err i mean ned yost,not because of him.

this series is going to go to 7 games.if bochy was smart,he would bring baumgardner back for game 7 to pitch,he's a workhorse,he can handle the load.baumgardner is up ther with pitchers like sandy koufax,bob gibson,nolan ryan,and randy johnson.pitchers that dominated hitters in big games.

if the giants have the lead and baum is brought in to relieve the rest of the game,then its over for the royals,the giants will win.I hope the royals can can have the lead later in the game for game 7.

K.C. looks like the poison. They've hit a wall (and not the one in the outfield) thanks to Bumgarner. S.F. is firing on all cylinders and looks like they'll wrap it up in six tomorrow night.

K.C. looks like the poison. They've hit a wall (and not the one in the outfield) thanks to Bumgarner. S.F. is firing on all cylinders and looks like they'll wrap it up in six tomorrow night.

Never count them out, until they are out. SF does not want or need a game 7.

Never count them out, until they are out. SF does not want or need a game 7.

True 'dat about SF. They're looking to wrap it up tomorrow nite and will........it's called momentum.

I agree with everything you're saying except for wrapping it up in game six tonight.I see the royals bouncing back and winning this game since Baum is not on the mound and it is in kansas city and then game seven Botchy gives in to Baums desire to pitch the final game and he comes in and mows down the royals and its wrapped up in game seven.

the royals should be coming back with a 3 -2 lead but are not thanks again to ned yost.

BuYVSA5CQAEchPG.jpg

Giants were down 4-1 in game 4. You know, it has always been the greatest strength of the Giants teams these last 5 years to be lucky. It's better to be lucky than good, and hey, we'll take it. Giants had some favorable calls by the home plate umpire, and they mounted a comeback.

Game 5 goes to Bumgarner. No surprise there.

As they say in baseball, momentum is the next day's starting pitcher. Peavy, meh, I'm not betting the farm on that guy.

On the other hand, the momentum is always with the team who has Hunter Pence...

Game 7 here we come
the royals are going to take it.Its ours.:banana::dance:

I was shocked to hear last night that Botchy isnt going to start Baumgarner.major mistake on his part.as a royal fan im happy he isnt cause i dont think they could win if he did.I would be outraged about this if i was a Giants fan.You got to go with your best guy.He is a workhorse so he could handle pitching on two days rest.

Baum is in a zone and world totally different from the other Giant pitchers.He is in league with sandy koufex,bob gibson,randy johnson,tom seaver.don drysdale,pitchers that just over powered hitters.

If it looks like the Royals are going to pull ahead at all during tonight's game, I fully expect to see Baumgarner warming up in the bullpen, two days rest or not. He's just a hot pitcher right now and tonight's game is for all the marbles.

The players fought a tough series. Congratulations to them. But MLB itself should be condemned for ruining this world series by having it be decided on a broken bat "hit".
If what became the series winning RBI had not been a broken bat, the swing would most likely have been a routine flyout, and the game would have been tied 2-2, going into extra innings.

I'm disgusted that MLB has allowed the use of these piece of shit bats that break just about every inning. I remember watching baseball games years ago, and not seeing a broken bat for months. What the hell are these bats made of nowadays, balsa wood ?

Somebody need to get a handle on this. MLB is a train wreck bad enough already, with teams like the Tampa Bay Rays, gone to hell with an owner who won't support his team, along with drug scandals, etc.

Baumgardner was so good that you almost wanted to think that he was somehow cheating - like when Barry Bonds was hitting all his home runs. The Royals players saw him several times but still couldn't figure out how to succeed against him.

It was an incredible performance - once in a lifetime. Congrats to him.

Forum List

Back