World Series, pick your poison

As I don't watch much baseball I have a question. Two actually.

Last night why wasn't the Royals pitcher pulled sooner.

And why isn't the starting pitcher from the Giants pitching again tonight?
The Giants pitcher can't pitch two games in a row. They would blow out their arms. All starting pitchers are in a rotation, and pitch every 4 to 5 days.

The Royals pitcher probably wasn't pitching badly, they were just hitting some good pitches. It happens. If it's just a few hits it's dismissed as a fluke, but once it's gone more than that they other team has probably figured you out. Manager's judgement prevails, as always.
Is that a league rule for pitchers or just the norm? Either way that seems really stupid.

And they hit everything he threw plus he couldn't hit the box half the time. I don't watch a lot of baseball but even I recognized how awful the pitching was.
No, not any rule. But all starting pitchers have at least 3 days between appearances. Back in the 1950s, when Warren Spahn and Johnny Sain were so good for the Milwaukee Braves they had a saying:

"Spahn & Sain, then pray for rain"

That way, they would be the only two guys starting games.

I'd have to re-watch the Royals pitcher to see if he had nothing or if they were just hitting his pitches.

Hard not to pick the Tigers with 3 Cy Young winners on the staff. There hasn't been a rotation like that since Maddox, Glavine & Smoltz.

One of my baseball regrets is that I never got to see Tiger Stadium.

It was quite a place....my first game there was in 1959...even then it smelled like piss and cheap ceegars. :laugh:

I saw Ted Williams there in his last season....and Mantle and Maris the year Tigers won 103 and still finished second to the Yanks.

Rocky Colavito was my hero.....Norm Cash made everybody laugh....Kaline was a snob...wouldn't sign autographs.

They did their best to save the old yard but the way it was built doomed it....I look forward to seeing a game some day in Comerica Park.
I remember Cash and Kaline from their visits to Yankee Stadium. And Gates Brown, Mark Fidrych, and "Steady Eddie" Brinkman, and Lolich, of course. And Ron LeFlore! Lol!

Yeah, you could get a seat right behind a cement column, I hear.

But Comerica looks like one of the nicest in the Majors. Pittsburgh's also looks nice. One of my favorites is one of the oldest of the cookie-cutters: Oakland Coliseum. Huge foul territory.

Gates was an ex-con...nobody messed with Gator. Lolich still makes donuts out in one of the suburbs. Jim Bunning was a favorite of mine....he'd knock down his mother if she dug in too deep in the batters box. Then there was Frank "Yankee Killer" Larry......very ordinary against all the other teams but the Yanks couldn't touch him. Another favorite was Charlie "Ol Paw Paw" Maxwell....aka "The Sunday Punch"....Charlie was the most dangerous hitter in baseball on Sunday afternoons...the rest of the week....eh. Ron LeFlore was another jail bird....I saw him play up in Seattle when they were still in the bunker called the "Kingdome"....I got a pic of Ron scoring a run.
And then they had another player with a later jailbird's name: Willie Horton!

speaking of royals and tigers.anyone here who has never taken in a game at royals stadium here in the midwest needs to do so.it is the coolest ballpark in the country with its royal crown scoreboard and the water fountains which is a spectacular water show to look at between innings.beautiful stadium.

sparky anderson even said that royals stadiu was his favorite ballpark to come to when asked what his favorite ballpark was.and remember,he managed in BOTH the american and national league.
Huge outfield.

A fantastic game one..........:rock:.
you sound like a Giants fan?:mad-61:

Actually a Phillies fan. But I've always been partial to the National League. When I was a kid, I went to a Phillies game at the old Connie Mack stadium when the Giants were in town. I kept yelling to get Willie Mays attention from the centerfield bleachers as he took the field. He ignored me for a few innings, then he took the field and just before the batter came to the plate, he turned around and looked at me and smiled and tipped his hat.

I'm ready to watch it tonight. I hear the series is tied at 1-1. Should be a good game.

Looking like my prediction of a Giants sweep might belie me as a total fraud.
you actually thought the Giants would sweep my royals?

dude what deserted island you been living on? they swept the angels,the team with the best record in baseball and the Royals swept the Giants earlier in the year as well when they faced them and you actually thought the giants would sweep THEM?:cuckoo::lmao::lmao:

you obviously have not been paying any attention to the royals in the playoffs this year unaware that they entered the series without losing one game.:cuckoo:

If we were living in a day and age where you could clone peopple perfectly and they could do that with Baumgardner and have clones of him pitch all four games i could understand your line of thinking but we havent perfected it yet so what you been smoking lately?:cuckoo:

I knew if this team got into the playoffs they would be a dangerous team,nobody wants to face these guys.the oakland A'S when they played the royals in the beginning of september here in Kc.they told the reporters here when they were asked what they thought of the royals relievers,they replied saying they were like nothing they had ever seen before.

Like many,you did not pay attention to this OP of mine i made back in august about the royals on how they were a dangerous team nobody would want to face if they made it to the playoffs.:rolleyes-41:

shocker Kc Royals could be in the world series this year here is why. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Last edited:
Looking like my prediction of a Giants sweep might belie me as a total fraud.
you actually thought the Giants would sweep my royals?

dude what deserted island you been living on? they swept the angels,the team with the best record in baseball and the Royals swept the Giants earlier in the year as well when they faced them and you actually thought the giants would sweep THEM?:cuckoo::lmao::lmao:

you obviously have not been paying any attention to the royals in the playoffs this year unaware that they entered the series without losing one game.:cuckoo:

Yes, I did believe that SF would sweep the Royals. Yes, I do live on my own private otherwise-deserted mindscape island, in the midst of a sea of delusion.

As an A's fan, I pull for Tim Hudson. I stand beside old man Huddy. I pull for him to avenge the Royals defeat of the A's. For all the disappointments of Mulder and Zito and Sonny Gray, and on and on until 2014, and all the bitter pills that we A's fans have been forced to swallow since the days of Canseco and McGwire, I am pulling for Tim Hudson tonight.

From the movie Galaxy Quest: "By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Worvan, you shall be avenged!"

is this guy gonna pitch a bitch again??

strickland_yapping.0.gif

Hunter Strickland is not to be trifled with, if you were to meet him in a dark alley. As far as batting against him, lots of hitters are doing a lot of trifling. He gives up homers every time. I'm not trusting him if I'm Bochy.

Good Game 3. The Royals look like the better team at this stage.

But there's a long way to go.

A Royal is some kind of Monarchist, and we Americans do not suffer the divine right of Kings and their relatives. Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Are you watching the game or perhaps going to it? Either way who do you think will win?
As the stadium is only a few miles from my house I will of course be rooting for the Royals despite the fact that I don't really follow baseball. I will dawn my blue & do my part to support the local team & probably the bartender at Buffalo Wild Wings.
Are you watching the game or perhaps going to it? Either way who do you think will win?
As the stadium is only a few miles from my house I will of course be rooting for the Royals despite the fact that I don't really follow baseball. I will dawn my blue & do my part to support the local team & probably the bartender at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Royals in 6. Been to a few games there. Great stadium to watch a game. Loved every visit.

AND, oh my, gotta stop at A. Bryant's for the best BBQ eva before the game!
q

Hell.

Yes!!!!!

On the Bryant's, that is.

Forum List

Back