World Series, pick your poison

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Are you watching the game or perhaps going to it? Either way who do you think will win?
As the stadium is only a few miles from my house I will of course be rooting for the Royals despite the fact that I don't really follow baseball. I will dawn my blue & do my part to support the local team & probably the bartender at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Are you watching the game or perhaps going to it? Either way who do you think will win?
As the stadium is only a few miles from my house I will of course be rooting for the Royals despite the fact that I don't really follow baseball. I will dawn my blue & do my part to support the local team & probably the bartender at Buffalo Wild Wings.
the Angels getting swept soured me....those chokers could not beat the fucking wild card team......we have a history of this club choking in the money games...

I got to go with Kansas City. They're hungry, have the momentum right now and the post-season stats as far as batting goes (AVG, HR, RBI, and SB) are filled with Royals players.

the Angels getting swept soured me....those chokers could not beat the fucking wild card team......we have a history of this club choking in the money games...
Yes they do, ask Donnie Moore's widow.

I hope the Royals win, but if I was putting money on the series, I would have no problem dropping a c note on the Giants, and I would gladly lose that to see the Royals pull it off.

Royals in 6. Been to a few games there. Great stadium to watch a game. Loved every visit.

AND, oh my, gotta stop at A. Bryant's for the best BBQ eva before the game!

• Banned

Royals in 6. Been to a few games there. Great stadium to watch a game. Loved every visit.

AND, oh my, gotta stop at A. Bryant's for the best BBQ eva before the game!

There's a little hole in the wall place in Lees Summit called the Pork n Pitt.
Great smoked meats.

My favorite team is the A's.
Giants are a close 2nd.
I've been hanging onto the Giants bandwagon since the playoffs began. Washington Nats series was so good.

I wouldn't be bummed to the max if the Royals won. They're a good story, and I was a George Brett fan when I was a Little Leaguer.

signs at AT&T Park;
"Superman wears Hunter Pence underwear."
"Sharks watch Hunter Pence Week."
"Hunter Pence never confuses your with you're."
"Hunter Pence remembered your birthday Without Facebook."
"The boogie man asks his Mom to check under the bed and inside the closet for Hunter Pence."
etc.

signs at opposing teams' parks;
"Hunter Pence prefers baths."
"Hunter Pence can't parallel park."
"Hunter Pence puts ketchup on his hot dogs."
"Hunter Pence lives in a van down by the river."
etc.

San Francisco has the experience (2010/2012). They will get off to a great start tonite w/Bumgarner. I can't buy into a team that has to carry their manager. KC manager Ned Yosts ineptitude catches up to them in this series. GIANTS IN 6.

San Francisco has the experience (2010/2012). They will get off to a great start tonite w/Bumgarner. I can't buy into a team that has to carry their manager. KC manager Ned Yosts ineptitude catches up to them in this series. GIANTS IN 6.

you're right about .ned yostHe is this royals generation of whitey herzog,the royals from the 70's won division titles despite herzog not because of him.same with yost. I think the royals will win it all but i think they will experience their first loss tonight.they call shields big game james but he has hardly been big in the playoffs.the bats amazingly had to win the games for the royals when he was pitching.BumGarner on the other hand HAS been big in the playoffs so i see this being the royals first loss in the playoffs tonight.

Herzog was manager of the Cards, but I agree that there are comparisons to Ned Yost.

Bochy doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks he should do, he just does it. He has the rings. He has total job security. He doesn't manage like he has managed all season long. He manages for the moment. He might pull Bumgarner out of the game in the 3rd inning, if he gets that itch. Put in Petit, the Terminator. The point is, Bochy doesn't care what the papers will say the next morning. He just draws and fires.

Giants in 4 games.

B0g9o_GCYAAc0Tw.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back