Wondering if this type of Laptop still exist in 2019?

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
Laptop that

1. Has compatibility with Chrome Browser

2. Has a DVD/CD drive

I noticed that Chromebooks don't have DVD drives on their computers. I also prefer to use the Chrome Browser over Microsoft Edge

Never look at laptops, I prefer PC's, and then just downloading to a Galaxy tablet for portability. I never noticed they quit putting cd/dvd drives in. Sounds stupid to me. they've also quit including AM radio with FM and Cd stereo systems as well.

Never look at laptops, I prefer PC's, and then just downloading to a Galaxy tablet for portability. I never noticed they quit putting cd/dvd drives in. Sounds stupid to me. they've also quit including AM radio with FM and Cd stereo systems as well.

i was going to get Chromebook

Laptop that

2. Has a DVD/CD drive

I noticed that Chromebooks don't have DVD drives on their computers. I also prefer to use the Chrome Browser over Microsoft Edge

Chrome is the #1 browser. All major operating systems, Windows, Ios, and most flavors of Linux support it. CD/DVD's have become rare. I generally recommend that people get an external drive with a USB connector to save weight during the 99% of the time the drive won't be used.

BUT

HP Premium 15.6" HD Notebook, AMD Dual-Core A6-9225 Upto 3.0GHz, 4GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, AMD Radeon R4 Graphics, DVD-RW, HDMI, Card Reader, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, Windows 10 Home 64Bit - Newegg.com

Laptop that

2. Has a DVD/CD drive

Chrome is the #1 browser. All major operating systems, Windows, Ios, and most flavors of Linux support it. CD/DVD's have become rare. I generally recommend that people get an external drive with a USB connector to save weight during the 99% of the time the drive won't be used.

BUT

HP Premium 15.6" HD Notebook, AMD Dual-Core A6-9225 Upto 3.0GHz, 4GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, AMD Radeon R4 Graphics, DVD-RW, HDMI, Card Reader, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, Windows 10 Home 64Bit - Newegg.com

wonder if best buy has this

Laptop that

2. Has a DVD/CD drive

BUT

If they do, it will be double the price.

Laptop that

2. Has a DVD/CD drive

Then download the browser and build yer own damn laptop...

Laptop that

2. Has a DVD/CD drive

BUILD a laptop???

Dude, you're not drunk, you're tripping on heavy acid...

Laptop that

2. Has a DVD/CD drive

if ya really want a disc just pick up an external ...theyre cheap
I always use a laptop for banking , interactive brokers acct , Credit cards ,utilities and for paying or buying anything else .....all financial transactions
IT never goes on only when i need it on ....its covered in right wing stickers and a confederate battle flag .

the old American brands suck ...dell makes garbage pieces of shit in china but lenovo can put together a solid one with no bugs...go fuckin figure
They make good chrome books to . i had a great lenovo tablet with a hinge ....i broke it that tablet made me a lenovo fan
the samsung i replaced it with was disappointing

check out the lenovos...you wont be disappointed

what happened to gateway and dells made in the usa ...remember those ....im tellin ya the world is upside down

for fun i sit at a desktop with a 40 inch 4k
its an couple year old i7 its got a lil juice

Laptop that

2. Has a DVD/CD drive

BUT

If they do, it will be double the price.

so hp or lenovo brand?

Laptop that

2. Has a DVD/CD drive

You just to look for a real laptop, not a netbook if you want DVD drive.

Otoh, I get along fine with a Chromebook. Everything is downloadable these days so I don't really need an external.

Laptop that

2. Has a DVD/CD drive

BUILD a laptop???

Why not? I build my son's gaming PCs every year.

Laptop that

2. Has a DVD/CD drive

BUILD a laptop???

Some folks just never do travel to certain places on the planet....I rebuild old ones and get them for free after people who can't work on them throw them away...

Laptop that

2. Has a DVD/CD drive

BUILD a laptop???

A laptop is not a regular PC.

Go looking for notebook cases, notebook power supplies, notebook motherboards.

Because of their size, a notebook or laptop is crafted by manufactures and not suitable for DIY projects. While POSSIBLE, it is not really something anyone does.

Laptop that

2. Has a DVD/CD drive

BUILD a laptop???

A laptop is not a regular PC.

Go looking for notebook cases, notebook power supplies, notebook motherboards.

Because of their size, a notebook or laptop is crafted by manufactures and not suitable for DIY projects. While POSSIBLE, it is not really something anyone does.
You use the ratings on the components to work with each other-duh...

Laptop that

2. Has a DVD/CD drive

BUILD a laptop???

Some folks just never do travel to certain places on the planet....I rebuild old ones and get them for free after people who can't work on them throw them away...

Even then, you are repairing old equipment, not "building a laptop."

Show me any hobby site that sells laptop cases?

I did see a compute stick attached to a battery that formed sort of a laptop, you could do it with a Raspberry Pi as well. But that isn't exactly a Surface Pro or MacBook.

Microsoft sent me an email that they will not support Windows 7 anymore. Windows 7 is the best OS ever made. The keyboard went kaput on my Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 but I can still make it work, sometimes. My new laptop is HP with Windows 10 and I don't like Windows 10. Google keeps trying to get me to use Google Chrome but I refuse to comply with their request. I will never buy an Apple because I am not part of the LGBT community.

Laptop that

2. Has a DVD/CD drive

BUILD a laptop???

Even then, you are repairing old equipment, not "building a laptop."

Show me any hobby site that sells laptop cases?

I did see a compute stick attached to a battery that formed sort of a laptop, you could do it with a Raspberry Pi as well. But that isn't exactly a Surface Pro or MacBook.
Why would you need to buy one when you can get one by cannibalism?

You use the ratings on the components to work with each other-duh...
:lol:

No stupid, that is specifying a configuration.

BUILDING a PC means getting an empty case, mounting a power supply, setting up case cooling, mounting the motherboard, attaching any storage devices (M.2 NVME makes this so easy now!) putting the CPU in the socket (you'd bend the pins, seriously) attaching CPU cooling, Putting in the RAM, setting up video options. Attaching case connections to the Mobo.

Microsoft sent me an email that they will not support Windows 7 anymore. Windows 7 is the best OS ever made. The keyboard went kaput on my Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 but I can still make it work, sometimes. My new laptop is HP with Windows 10 and I don't like Windows 10. Google keeps trying to get me to use Google Chrome but I refuse to comply with their request. I will never buy an Apple because I am not part of the LGBT community.
Yes it is a shame but what also sucks is drivers for old printer/scanners is not supported anymore and you have to buy new ones, damned capitalist!

Forum List

Back