Wonderful Christmas commercial of man learning English

To those who don't have time to watch the video I'll give a summary. This old dude is trying to learn English throughout the video. It's revealed at the end that he's trying to make amends with his son whose interracial marriage he originally disapproved of. That's what I took away from it anyways. Oh, and he loves weed.

To those who don't have time to watch the video I'll give a summary. This old dude is trying to learn English throughout the video. It's revealed at the end that he's trying to make amends with his son whose interracial marriage he originally disapproved of. That's what I took away from it anyways. Oh, and he loves weed.
I thought he was running away from home...

Maybe. But then again, where in the video is it implied that he is making amends for anything. Maybe I missed that part.

It is a cute video.

Who are we kidding? Knocks on the door, hugs the son, and completely pretends the black chick standing there doesn't exist. It's not a cute video. This man is a racist.

Who are we kidding? Knocks on the door, hugs the son, and completely pretends the black chick standing there doesn't exist. It's not a cute video. This man is a racist.
The reason he is not giving his attention to the black chick is because his biracial granddaughter has caught his eye. His reaction does not look racist to me. Let's give grandpa the benefit of a doubt. He may have given his grand baby's' mother a big hug and kiss after talking to his granddaughter, but the video ends too soon for that.

Forum List

Back