Woman's joke recieves backlash from public

I'm going to have my grave covered with catnip so all the strays will come around and people will think I was a witch or cat god. Ha!

Lighten up. Whether you think she was right or wrong, no harm no foul and certainly nothing to get fired over.

It is something to get fired over. She should have more class. The organization is now forced to be viewed as an enabler.

So it's ok to fire people for being classless? Please. She posted it to her personal FB page and that's the only reason people are aware of it and found out who she is and who she works for, one of her friends likely reposted it and it went from there. Had this been the old days she would have had the pic printed and showed her friends. The organization isn't responsible for her actions.

So the lesson is not to post classless stuff to facebook. Is facebook imaginary land or does it represent you?

From the article: "we became aware that one of our employees had posted an offensive, inappropriate photograph on her personal Facebook page". It was on her personal FB page ... is the company she works for going to fire her if they find other offensive and inappropriate photos? Who are they to say what is or isn't offensive and inappropriate? And why isn't her personal FB page personal? It was shared with friends, it was obviously a prank, she apologized, the pic is gone.

According to the article she wasn't fired but was placed on unpaid leave pending an investigation.

Oh for fuck's sake. Have you ever ran a business? Who are they to decide? They're the employer. That's who.

She was on a work related trip, you'd think she'd know better and represent her company in a better manner.

She is well within her rights to act like this, not sure why she'd post the stupidity, but stupid is as stupid does.

Her company has a right to expect better behavior, the rest of the 18,000 people need to let her and her company sort it out.

She was on a work related trip, you'd think she'd know better and represent her company in a better manner.

She is well within her rights to act like this, not sure why she'd post the stupidity, but stupid is as stupid does.

Her company has a right to expect better behavior, the rest of the 18,000 people need to let her and her company sort it out.

I don't remember it being a work related trip; but if that's the case then it's a no brainer to fire her.

I don't remember it being a work related trip; but if that's the case then it's a no brainer to fire her.

She's not wearing a company uniform or name tag indicating she was on the clock. Either way I plan to call the company Monday to support her.

Third paragraph:

Stone's photo shows her flipping off a sign and appearing to shout at the tomb in Washington, D.C., that asks for "Silence and Respect" at the Arlington National Cemetery. Stone and her co-workers were on a work trip last month when the photo was taken.

Again, stupid is as stupid does.

It is her employers choice. She was representing her company and considering who she works for, she let them down.

She had every right to do what she did, her company has every right to make their decisions.

She's not wearing a company uniform or name tag indicating she was on the clock. Either way I plan to call the company Monday to support her.

LOL - You do that. (But you won't.)

Really, I've already looked up their number, want me to pm it to ya. Better than that I'll give ya most of it and you can look up the rest. 508-790-XX00

Last edited:

Really, I've already looked up their number, want me to pm it to ya. Better than that I'll give ya most of it and you can look up the rest. 508-790-XX00

If you want to, go right ahead, it's your right. I think you are silly for doing it.

If you want to, go right ahead, it's your right. I think you are silly for doing it.

Opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one and most all of them stink. You do what you think is best, I'll do the same.

Opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one and most all of them stink. You do what you think is best, I'll do the same.

You're like an asshole and you do stink LOL. Anyways, there's no reason not to post whatever number in its entirety (except there is no reason to post it at all). And you'll either call and spin your wheels or you won't call. Either way, it's a waste. I guess your personal voice outweighs a petition of 18,000 people? LMAO. Tell me; is your ego that large? Or do you just hold that tightly to your inept idealism?

You're like an asshole and you do stink LOL. Anyways, there's no reason not to post whatever number in its entirety (except there is no reason to post it at all). And you'll either call and spin your wheels or you won't call. Either way, it's a waste. I guess your personal voice outweighs a petition of 18,000 people? LMAO. Tell me; is your ego that large? Or do you just hold that tightly to your inept idealism?

Nope, unlike most of the leftist who hide behind others and petitions, I beleive in acting on my convictions. And you can bet if I say I'm going to do something I will. I am fully aware that I am one voice but sometimes that's all it takes, how many who signed the petition will take the time or effort to make personal contact, my guess, more than likely none.

Nope, unlike most of the leftist who hide behind others and petitions, I beleive in acting on my convictions. And you can bet if I say I'm going to do something I will. I am fully aware that I am one voice but sometimes that's all it takes, how many who signed the petition will take the time or effort to make personal contact, my guess, more than likely none.

How is this a left/right issue? Probably more conservatives signed it than anything. Conservatives respect the rights of employers to expect standards of their employees and those who died for our freedom. I don't know what hairbrained principle you think outweighs those principles.

Don't waste your time.

Apparently none of you have ever worked in a job like hers. Most people whose jobs involve a lot of public exposure face the probability of contracts with wording that limits or prohibits certain types of behavior. It's all about image, and it varies from contract to contract, celebrity to celebrity. Roseanne Barr could get away with something sort of like that, because thumbing her nose is the sort of thing she's known for - who remembers her crotch-grabbing national anthem? Roseanne would have the sense to get bad behavior written into her contract. A company with a more conservatively behaved profile would expect the employees to be prim and proper at all times - including on social networking sites.

Don't waste your time.

Apparently none of you have ever worked in a job like hers. Most people whose jobs involve a lot of public exposure face the probability of contracts with wording that limits or prohibits certain types of behavior. It's all about image, and it varies from contract to contract, celebrity to celebrity. Roseanne Barr could get away with something sort of like that, because thumbing her nose is the sort of thing she's known for - who remembers her crotch-grabbing national anthem? Roseanne would have the sense to get bad behavior written into her contract. A company with a more conservatively behaved profile would expect the employees to be prim and proper at all times - including on social networking sites.

I'm courious why you lefties are concerned how I spend my time. BTW if I considered it a waste I wouldn't do it.

Quote from article:

Stone's photo shows her flipping off a sign and appearing to shout at the tomb in Washington, D.C., that asks for "Silence and Respect" at the Arlington National Cemetery. Stone and her co-workers were on a work trip last month when the photo was taken.
After people posted comments critical of Stone, she posted: "Whoa whoa whoa... wait. This is just us, being the douchebags that we are, challenging authority in general. Much like the pic posted the night before, of me smoking right next to a no smoking sign. OBVIOUSLY we meant NO disrespect to people that serve or have served our country."

Prank Photo at Tomb of Unknowns Sparks Backlash - Yahoo! News

What do you think?

facepalm.jpg

Regardless if you agree with her or not, that's pretty stupid.

Real original there dumb ass, you do what you want, I think you're being a dumb fuck.

Real original there dumb ass, you do what you want, I think you're being a dumb fuck.

Like I care what you think, or any other leftist ass hole for that matter. I only concern myself with the opinions of people I respect. So far you haven't earned any.

I'm courious why you lefties are concerned how I spend my time. BTW if I considered it a waste I wouldn't do it.

If she's under contractual obligation nothing can change the boss's decision. If you want to waste your time, knock your socks off. I won't stop you.

Forum List

Back