Woman Vomits on Tour Bus in DC, Then States She Just Returned From Africa

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
After getting sick on a tour bus, a woman told officials that she just returned from Africa. She is currently in a hospital, where they say she'll be observed to determine if she has Ebola.

People aren't getting the message that maybe self-quarantining themselves is the way to go if they have visited one of the Ebola hot zones.

We need to be careful now anyway since flu season is upon us and we still have a lot of people coming down with the mysterious respiratory illness. Of course, there are those who couldn't care less about other people and have no qualms about spreading their illness. I was ready to slap a woman once in the grocery store because she sneezed without covering her mouth and visible "spray" went all over the cereal boxes on the shelf.

I am still curious how the CDC claimed to know immediately that the guy who died on the flight to JFK didn't have Ebola, but with other cases, they need to do tests and the patients have to be observed.

I hope we don't keep seeing this sort of thing. I don't blame the other people on the bus for being concerned, even though Obama said they needn't worry about catching Ebola by sitting next to someone on a bus. I hope everyone immediately washed their hands and didn't touch anything the woman touched. Those nasty germs transfer so easily.

I'm sick of idiots around here claiming that it's panic to discuss this and want a more organized approach to dealing with the Ebola threat. All epidemics start off with one or two people. It's how it's handled that determines whether it becomes an epidemic or not. Africa never got a handle on it and right now is our chance to avoid their fate.

Woman on DC Tour Bus Vomits Then Tells Officials She Just Returned From Africa

Last edited:
you dont catch it by sitting next to someone moron
Yes you do, in fact you can be 3 feet from someone and be infected. Perhaps you should pay attention to facts and reality.
no. no you can't. that would require it to be airborne...Ebola is not airborne. Unless that person vomits or sprays them with their semen or blood you are not going to get it..

How hard is it to catch Ebola - The 2014 Ebola outbreak - Vox

Perhaps you should you know, stick to what you know, which is nothing

Moron, sick people get their germs on everything they touch. Ebola germs live quite a while on objects. If the sick person touches their mouth or runny nose, then touches a door handle, back of a seat or anything else, the germs are left. If another person touches the same objects, then touches their own mouth, they can get sick.

If an Ebola patient coughs, sneezes or pukes, it does pose a risk and people have to be super careful. So, yes, you can catch it by sitting near someone on a bus.

The nurses who became ill didn't kiss the patients. They merely touched the patient or things in the room and likely touched their mouth without thoroughly washing their hands. Or the patient sneezed or coughed on them.

Point is that it can spread fairly easy. You don't think all those people in Africa were all kissing each other, do you?

Ebola spreads as quick as the flu and people need to be careful.

Why is this in Politics and not Current Events, Clementine?

The Ebola virus doesn't favor any particular political party.

It is an indiscriminate, ruthless killer is all.

The issue is being politicized for sure. Just talking about it causes the left to spew venom, as apparent in the above posts.

Obama's poor handling of this situation is political. His hiring a liberal mouthpiece to serve as propaganda czar is pure politics.

Moron, sick people get their germs on everything they touch. Ebola germs live quite a while on objects. If the sick person touches their mouth or runny nose, then touches a door handle, back of a seat or anything else, the germs are left. If another person touches the same objects, then touches their own mouth, they can get sick.

If an Ebola patient coughs, sneezes or pukes, it does pose a risk and people have to be super careful. So, yes, you can catch it by sitting near someone on a bus.

The nurses who became ill didn't kiss the patients. They merely touched the patient or things in the room and likely touched their mouth without thoroughly washing their hands. Or the patient sneezed or coughed on them.

Point is that it can spread fairly easy. You don't think all those people in Africa were all kissing each other, do you?

would you stop lying you sack of shit.
The risk is higher but you dont get it from sitting next to a person. Few things have to happen in order for that.
Point is it doesnt spread fairly easy. 4000k have died from it in africa where there is millions of people.
So far three people in the US have had it. One died, the others are stable. We have 300+ million people in the United states. 3 people have had Ebola....You do the fucking math dipshit.

Do the world a favor, go find hole and stay there if you are that afraid of ebola. Save us from your panic and stupidity. Thats the real threat to peoples health

The issue is being politicized for sure. Just talking about it causes the left to spew venom, as apparent in the above posts.

Obama's poor handling of this situation is political. His hiring a liberal mouthpiece to serve as propaganda czar is pure politics.
go away you troll...poor handling....3 people had it....three....i hate people like you, because you fucking deserve ebola. Not these other three who have contracted it. They where doing their jobs and got it. We are taking care of them. You on the other hand sit their at your computer and troll this fucking topic using it as some political attack excuse, because god forbid you don't make a conspiracy out of it.

I would literally trade all 4000 people who died in Africa for to stop posting here.

Yes you do, in fact you can be 3 feet from someone and be infected. Perhaps you should pay attention to facts and reality.
no. no you can't. that would require it to be airborne...Ebola is not airborne. Unless that person vomits or sprays them with their semen or blood you are not going to get it..

Really ? so all those thousands in Africa were vomited on? I dont think so. Its better to error on the side of caution even if someone thinks your foolish.
If your wrong you only suffer a little inconvenience

go away you troll...poor handling....3 people had it....three....i hate people like you, because you fucking deserve ebola. Not these other three who have contracted it. They where doing their jobs and got it. We are taking care of them. You on the other hand sit their at your computer and troll this fucking topic using it as some political attack excuse, because god forbid you don't make a conspiracy out of it.

I would literally trade all 4000 people who died in Africa for to stop posting here.
You write like some of these opportunity-to-make-millions emails. Are you joining was from West Africa by any chance?

The reason liberals are trying so desperately to downplay the risks of Ebola is because they want somebody besides their inept messiah to blame when it reaches epidemic proportions. They'll come back later and say "Well, YOU weren't concerned about it either".

clementine said:

plasmaball said:
would you stop lying you sack of shit.
The risk is higher but you dont get it from sitting next to a person. Few things have to happen in order for that.
Point is it doesnt spread fairly easy. 4000k have died from it in africa where there is millions of people.
So far three people in the US have had it. One died, the others are stable. We have 300+ million people in the United states. 3 people have had Ebola....You do the fucking math dipshit.

Do the world a favor, go find hole and stay there if you are that afraid of ebola. Save us from your panic and stupidity. Thats the real threat to peoples health

If your angry rhetoric is any sort of indication, I'd say that you are yourself a threat to public safety, too.

Valium, holmes. Get some. :thup:

( emphasis added)

Although I believe some may be overhyping this issue, your statement is not true. It is bodily fluids, and contact with the skin of an infected person, so yes, mucous, spittle, from sneezing in someone direction and said bodily fluids entering through "broken skin or mucous membranes such as the eyes, the lining of the nose or the mouth", can spread the disease. Additionally, if you spit, bleed, vomit, crap, etc. on an armrest, or whatever, and I touch it without noticing for up to 4 minutes later, I could become infected- although the risk is small, it still exists.

BBC News - Ebola outbreak What is risk of catching it on a flight

Review of Human-to-Human Transmission of Ebola Virus Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever CDC

Ebola infections with no symptoms are possible. And they could help fight the West Africa epidemic. - The Washington Post

This article was of intrest as well.

Ebola infections with no symptoms are possible. And they could help fight the West Africa epidemic. - The Washington Post

What it did not say was if those who have Ebola without symptoms can indeed spread the disease. I think the article was quite interesting.

I also think the fact people can spread this disease for up to 7 weeks after being cured also of note.

BBC News - Ebola outbreak What is risk of catching it on a flight

Read the literature, if they cough or sneeze you can be 3 feet away and be infected.

"You can't get AIDS from buggering! That's racist! It's a proven fact...and...ummm...stuff like that."-- Southern Poverty Law Center & The Queer Agenda, San Francisco, 1982

To date through 2014, 636,000 people have died of AIDS in the US. At least 2,000,000 more are infected. --CDC web site.

Not only that, but AIDS has ravaged the US worse than any other developed Western country. Our rate of death is 23 times that of Germany, though our population is only 4 times larger. Why should Ebola be any different?

Great New Republic article on AIDS here:
AIDS Hit the United States Harder Than Other Developed Countries Why New Republic

That last sentence is very irresponsible of you. I'm guessing that you know that it isn't true. What is your problem?

Forum List

Back