Woman Vomits on Tour Bus in DC, Then States She Just Returned From Africa

you dont catch it by sitting next to someone moron
Yes you do, in fact you can be 3 feet from someone and be infected. Perhaps you should pay attention to facts and reality.
no. no you can't. that would require it to be airborne...Ebola is not airborne. Unless that person vomits or sprays them with their semen or blood you are not going to get it..

How hard is it to catch Ebola - The 2014 Ebola outbreak - Vox

Perhaps you should you know, stick to what you know, which is nothing
Read the literature, if they cough or sneeze you can be 3 feet away and be infected.

why is it three feet away

when the flu is spread the same way

and claimed that up to six feet

from the CDC

People with flu can spread it to others up to about 6 feet away. Most experts think that flu viruses are spread mainly by droplets made when people with flu cough, sneeze or talk. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs. Less often, a person might also get flu by touching a surface or object that has flu virus on it and then touching their own mouth or nose.

How Flu Spreads Seasonal Influenza Flu CDC

Yes you do, in fact you can be 3 feet from someone and be infected. Perhaps you should pay attention to facts and reality.
no. no you can't. that would require it to be airborne...Ebola is not airborne. Unless that person vomits or sprays them with their semen or blood you are not going to get it..

Read the literature, if they cough or sneeze you can be 3 feet away and be infected.

from the CDC

People with flu can spread it to others up to about 6 feet away. Most experts think that flu viruses are spread mainly by droplets made when people with flu cough, sneeze or talk. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs. Less often, a person might also get flu by touching a surface or object that has flu virus on it and then touching their own mouth or nose.

The report I read said 3 feet. I wouldn't doubt it is farther at all, when you sneeze shit shoots out a long ways and when you cough the same.

from the CDC

The report I read said 3 feet. I wouldn't doubt it is farther at all, when you sneeze shit shoots out a long ways and when you cough the same.

Pretty weird but cool vid on how far a sneeze can go. Start about 2mins in for the camera pulling out.

MythBusters Slow-Motion Sneezes Video Discovery Channel

from the CDC

some other interesting reading suggests that it takes a droplet diameter for 5 micrometer of droplets infected influenza to get

the flu

whereas it takes 1 to 10 organisms to contract Ebola

from the CDC

Pretty weird but cool vid on how far a sneeze can go. Start about 2mins in for the camera pulling out.

from the CDC

interesting looks lie they loaded up first --LOL

from the CDC

again being 3 feet from someone wont have you get Ebola. nor will being sneezed on. It increases the odds and nothing more.

from the CDC

again being 3 feet from someone wont have you get Ebola. nor will being sneezed on. It increases the odds and nothing more.

go ahead have someone with ebola sneeze at you from 3 ft away

for all i care

from the CDC

(emphasis added)

again you are wrong, even the CDC says so.

Ebola has been detected in blood and many body fluids. Body fluids include saliva, mucus, vomit, feces, sweat, tears, breast milk, urine, and semen...

Although coughing and sneezing are not common symptoms of Ebola, if a symptomatic patient with Ebola coughs or sneezes on someone, and saliva or mucus come into contact with that person’s eyes, nose or mouth, these fluids may transmit the disease.

Q As on Transmission Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever CDC

"it increases the odds" as you said is the SAME thing as being sneezed on transmits the disease. LOL

from the CDC

(emphasis added)

Ebola has been detected in blood and many body fluids. Body fluids include saliva, mucus, vomit, feces, sweat, tears, breast milk, urine, and semen...

Although coughing and sneezing are not common symptoms of Ebola, if a symptomatic patient with Ebola coughs or sneezes on someone, and saliva or mucus come into contact with that person’s eyes, nose or mouth, these fluids may transmit the disease.

"it increases the odds" as you said is the SAME thing as being sneezed on transmits the disease. LOL

in a Canadian study aerosol Ebola has been transmitted to non human primates

the freaky thing is they used 1 to 10 of the organisms to transmit the virus

Humm,

I read a contradictory story last night on MSNBC, which said Ebola can only live for up to 3-4 mins outside the body, the CDC says other wise.

Ebola is killed with hospital-grade disinfectants (such as household bleach). Ebola dried on surfaces such as doorknobs and countertops can survive for several hours; however, virus in body fluids (such as blood) can survive up to several days at room temperature.

The flu spreads 17x worse.

the flu is spread by droplets as well

Most experts think that flu viruses are spread mainly by droplets made when people with flu cough, sneeze or talk. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs

airborne precautionmy - measleschicken - chickenpoxhez - herpes zoster (disseminated)tb - tb private room negative pressure with 6-12 air exchanges per houruvmaskn95 mask

droplet precaution
think of spiderman!s

- sepsiss - scarlet fevers - streptococcal pharyngitisp - parvovirus b19p - pertussisp - pneumoniai - influenza - diptheria (pharyngeal)e - epiglottitisr - rubellam - mumpsm - meningitism - mycoplasma or meningeal pneumoniaan - adenovirusprivate roommask

Airborne vs. Droplet Precautions - pg.2 allnurses

from the CDC

(emphasis added)

in a Canadian study aerosol Ebola has been transmitted to non human primates

the freaky thing is they used 1 to 10 of the organisms to transmit the virus

Wow, The last story I read said that it has mutated up to or more than 55 times and docs are coming up harder on how to treat it. The even crazier thing is we are crowdfunding docs to find a cure. WTF and WHY?

Now We re Crowdfunding Ebola Research Smart News Smithsonian

The campaign aims to raise $100,000 to buy more lab equipment and pay more staff, says the Los Angeles Times. That money would supplement the funding Saphire already gets from the government. Since some guy raised $55,000 on Kickstarter to make potato salad, it'd be nice to think her odds of hitting her goal are pretty good.

Read more: History Travel Arts Science People Places Smithsonian
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! Give the gift of Smithsonian
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

Humm,

I read a contradictory story last night on MSNBC, which said Ebola can only live for up to 3-4 mins outside the body, the CDC says other wise.

Ebola is killed with hospital-grade disinfectants (such as household bleach). Ebola dried on surfaces such as doorknobs and countertops can survive for several hours; however, virus in body fluids (such as blood) can survive up to several days at room temperature.

the who indicates bleach ratio of 1 to 10

and 1 to a 100

http://www.who.int/csr/resources/publications/ebola/whoemcesr982sec5-6.pdf

Humm,

and 1 to a 100

I was thinking about those who may not know this virus is lurking such as a stair handle, etc.

o/t Have you seen Clorox is using this as a way to sell it's product? It ticked me off a bit when I saw an ad with the word Ebola in red and underneath it the words." Clorox protecting your family for generations"

Humm,

and 1 to a 100

I was thinking about those who may not know this virus is lurking such as a stair handle, etc.

o/t Have you seen Clorox is using this as a way to sell it's product? It ticked me off a bit when I saw an ad with the word Ebola in red and underneath it the words." Clorox protecting your family for generations"

i have not seen it but then again i do not watch much tv these days

from what i gather it takes a pretty strong dose of sodium hypochlorite

and some time to kill the virus

Forum List

Back