Woman shoots poisonous snake at school. Libs have her arrested.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
I don't know who's at fault here. Poisonous snakes are quite common and not that dangerous. The idea that they must all be killed on sight is going too far. The snake was not in a building. It was on a field.

GUN WATCH FL Woman Arrested for Protecting Children from Water Moccasin

oct 19 2014
Who would have thought that it would be illegal to defend children from a poisonous snake? This is where the insanity of extreme gun restrictions have brought us. In Florida, a mother was at a school event during a football practice session. A water moccasin was discovered on the practice field, but attempts to kill it with sticks were not successful. From newsherald.com:
April Dawn DeMarco, 30, was arrested for discharging a .380-caliber handgun on the practice football field of Bay High School, 300 E. 15th St., during practice last week for the local Pop Warner football team. Demarco apparently borrowed the pistol from Miren Gregory, 31, to protect nearby children after a group of parents found a water moccasin on the field, police reported.

Coaches and parents told the children to get out of the area after finding the moccasin. Gregory told DeMarco she had a concealed carry permit and a handgun after some of the coaches tried to kill the snake by hitting it with sticks.

I taught in a rural slum school on a nasty ass bayou.

Water moccasins often came in under the doors.

I just caught them, showed them to the kids so they knew not to mess with them, and flushed them down the toilet until the
black teachers found out.

They wouldn't go at school for weeks; kids said the farts in their classes were damned near fatal.

I dont mind that they killed the snake,I would have done the same. You cant have poisonous snakes hanging out on a football field,and they sure as hell aren't endangered.
Hell,I dont have a problem with shooting it if it was done in a safe manner.
The pussification of America continues.....

If there are no laws in place to protect children from these nutters blasting away at everything that moves -

there should be.

Typical liberal nonsense. After people are stuck between a rock and a hard place, charge them with being criminals when they aim to escape their dilemma.

I don't know who's at fault here. Poisonous snakes are quite common and not that dangerous. The idea that they must all be killed on sight is going too far. The snake was not in a building. It was on a field.

GUN WATCH FL Woman Arrested for Protecting Children from Water Moccasin

oct 19 2014
Who would have thought that it would be illegal to defend children from a poisonous snake? This is where the insanity of extreme gun restrictions have brought us. In Florida, a mother was at a school event during a football practice session. A water moccasin was discovered on the practice field, but attempts to kill it with sticks were not successful. From newsherald.com:
April Dawn DeMarco, 30, was arrested for discharging a .380-caliber handgun on the practice football field of Bay High School, 300 E. 15th St., during practice last week for the local Pop Warner football team. Demarco apparently borrowed the pistol from Miren Gregory, 31, to protect nearby children after a group of parents found a water moccasin on the field, police reported.

Coaches and parents told the children to get out of the area after finding the moccasin. Gregory told DeMarco she had a concealed carry permit and a handgun after some of the coaches tried to kill the snake by hitting it with sticks.

Gee how shocking, a snake was in a field in Florida? That's a freak occurence huh? Damn right she got arrested. Moron.

]

Well if you are a gun owner knowing the law would be a good thing:

DeMarco told police she had the gun on school grounds and shot it there to protect the children, herself being a parent, police reported. However, discharging a firearm on school grounds is a felony. DeMarco was arrested Monday for discharging a firearm on school property and possession of a firearm on school property.

State law also prohibits people with concealed weapons permits from bringing weapons on a school campus during any event not related to those weapons. Gregory was arrested Tuesday on charges of carrying a concealed weapon and possession of a firearm on school property

Since there was no intent to harm, hopefully the DA will find a way to reduce the charges to something fairly innocuous- but she clearly broke the law.

Typical liberal nonsense. After people are stuck between a rock and a hard place, charge them with being criminals when they aim to escape their dilemma.

Damn police and their stupid liberal laws. pfft

Would you like to get bitten by a poisonous snake because someone didn't shoot it because of those laws?

Would you like to get hit by a stray bullet fired by someone at a snake that turned out to be non-poisonous?

No one has claimed anyone was in danger. They knew where the snake was- easy enough to call animal control to come take care of it- or school security- and keep people away from the snake until the issue was resolved.

There was no life threatening emergency here.

If there are no laws in place to protect children from these nutters blasting away at everything that moves -

there should be.
Moron.. There were no kids present. They were moved away from the area.
Try not letting your knee jerk upward and cave in your face.
On second thought....

hey genius....I have a question.....Since when do the police make the laws?
Oh, let me know the next time you are pulled over by a cop how cooperative you were and how you DIDN'T start spouting off about your Constitutional rights and your vast knowledge of the legal system and state statutes.
Yeah, I bet.

Would you like to get bitten by a poisonous snake because someone didn't shoot it because of those laws?

Would you like to get hit by a stray bullet fired by someone at a snake that turned out to be non-poisonous?

No one has claimed anyone was in danger. They knew where the snake was- easy enough to call animal control to come take care of it- or school security- and keep people away from the snake until the issue was resolved.

You gotta be a moron to get hit by a stray bullet from a gun aimed at a snake ON THE GROUND.

What are you doing - making love with the thing or checking it out for a science experiment... in the middle of FOOTBALL PRACTICE?

]

Well if you are a gun owner knowing the law would be a good thing:

DeMarco told police she had the gun on school grounds and shot it there to protect the children, herself being a parent, police reported. However, discharging a firearm on school grounds is a felony. DeMarco was arrested Monday for discharging a firearm on school property and possession of a firearm on school property.

State law also prohibits people with concealed weapons permits from bringing weapons on a school campus during any event not related to those weapons. Gregory was arrested Tuesday on charges of carrying a concealed weapon and possession of a firearm on school property

Since there was no intent to harm, hopefully the DA will find a way to reduce the charges to something fairly innocuous- but she clearly broke the law.
And this is why we have SCHOOL SHOOTINGS...An unarmed target rich environment.
Very intelligent

You gotta be a moron to get hit by a stray bullet from a gun aimed at a snake ON THE GROUND.

What are you doing - making love with the thing or checking it out for a science experiment... in the middle of FOOTBALL PRACTICE?

You gotta be a moron to be bit by a snake that everyone knows exactly where it is.

Far easier to be hit by a ricochet off a rock in the field.

You gotta be a moron to be bit by a snake that everyone knows exactly where it is.

Far easier to be hit by a ricochet off a rock in the field.

What about the next time it shows up and you dont know it's there?
Whatcha gonna do,run a twenty four hour patrol just so you'll know the whereabouts of a snake?

And if you think there are rocks on a football field you've never set foot on one.
They tend to remove things like rocks...you know,because they're kinda hard and it hurts when you fall on em?

hey genius....I have a question.....Since when do the police make the laws?
Oh, let me know the next time you are pulled over by a cop how cooperative you were and how you DIDN'T start spouting off about your Constitutional rights and your vast knowledge of the legal system and state statutes.
Yeah, I bet.

Hey Genius, Who said police make the laws? LOL....fucking dumbass

Forum List

Back