Woman shoots poisonous snake at school. Libs have her arrested.

If there are no laws in place to protect children from these nutters blasting away at everything that moves -

there should be.

How many of those "children" you're concerned about are snakes?

If they're not a venomous snake, they have nothing to be afraid of. Stop whining.

I don't know who's at fault here. Poisonous snakes are quite common and not that dangerous. The idea that they must all be killed on sight is going too far. The snake was not in a building. It was on a field.
]

Well if you are a gun owner knowing the law would be a good thing:

DeMarco told police she had the gun on school grounds and shot it there to protect the children, herself being a parent, police reported. However, discharging a firearm on school grounds is a felony. DeMarco was arrested Monday for discharging a firearm on school property and possession of a firearm on school property.

State law also prohibits people with concealed weapons permits from bringing weapons on a school campus during any event not related to those weapons. Gregory was arrested Tuesday on charges of carrying a concealed weapon and possession of a firearm on school property

Since there was no intent to harm, hopefully the DA will find a way to reduce the charges to something fairly innocuous- but she clearly broke the law.
And this is why we have SCHOOL SHOOTINGS...An unarmed target rich environment.
Very intelligent

Actually we have school shootings because there are some sick fucks out there....oooooor blame someone shooting up a large number of their school mates on laws

Damn police and their stupid liberal laws. pfft

Would you like to get bitten by a poisonous snake because someone didn't shoot it because of those laws?

Would you like to get hit by a stray bullet fired by someone at a snake that turned out to be non-poisonous?

No one has claimed anyone was in danger. They knew where the snake was- easy enough to call animal control to come take care of it- or school security- and keep people away from the snake until the issue was resolved.

There was no life threatening emergency here.

You gotta be a moron to get hit by a stray bullet from a gun aimed at a snake ON THE GROUND.

What are you doing - making love with the thing or checking it out for a science experiment... in the middle of FOOTBALL PRACTICE?

You gotta be a moron to be bit by a snake that everyone knows exactly where it is.

Far easier to be hit by a ricochet off a rock in the field.

What about the next time it shows up and you dont know it's there?
Whatcha gonna do,run a twenty four hour patrol just so you'll know the whereabouts of a snake?

And if you think there are rocks on a football field you've never set foot on one.
They tend to remove things like rocks...you know,because they're kinda hard and it hurts when you fall on em?

We are talking about this snake.

And we are talking about gun laws.

I agree this woman had no harmful intent- hopefully a reasonable DA will work something out.

Of course with the Mandatory guidelines pushed through by Conservatives the DA may be obligated to prosecute this as a full fledged gun crime.

Hopefully that won't be the case.

I don't know who's at fault here. Poisonous snakes are quite common and not that dangerous. The idea that they must all be killed on sight is going too far. The snake was not in a building. It was on a field.

GUN WATCH FL Woman Arrested for Protecting Children from Water Moccasin

oct 19 2014
Who would have thought that it would be illegal to defend children from a poisonous snake? This is where the insanity of extreme gun restrictions have brought us. In Florida, a mother was at a school event during a football practice session. A water moccasin was discovered on the practice field, but attempts to kill it with sticks were not successful. From newsherald.com:
April Dawn DeMarco, 30, was arrested for discharging a .380-caliber handgun on the practice football field of Bay High School, 300 E. 15th St., during practice last week for the local Pop Warner football team. Demarco apparently borrowed the pistol from Miren Gregory, 31, to protect nearby children after a group of parents found a water moccasin on the field, police reported.

Coaches and parents told the children to get out of the area after finding the moccasin. Gregory told DeMarco she had a concealed carry permit and a handgun after some of the coaches tried to kill the snake by hitting it with sticks.
Water moccasin's are aggressive.

]

Well if you are a gun owner knowing the law would be a good thing:

DeMarco told police she had the gun on school grounds and shot it there to protect the children, herself being a parent, police reported. However, discharging a firearm on school grounds is a felony. DeMarco was arrested Monday for discharging a firearm on school property and possession of a firearm on school property.

State law also prohibits people with concealed weapons permits from bringing weapons on a school campus during any event not related to those weapons. Gregory was arrested Tuesday on charges of carrying a concealed weapon and possession of a firearm on school property

Since there was no intent to harm, hopefully the DA will find a way to reduce the charges to something fairly innocuous- but she clearly broke the law.

she won't be charged with a felony, nor should she be; but it was stupid of her.

Typical liberal nonsense. After people are stuck between a rock and a hard place, charge them with being criminals when they aim to escape their dilemma.

Would you like to get bitten by a poisonous snake because someone didn't shoot it because of those laws?

Would you like to get hit by a stray bullet fired by someone at a snake that turned out to be non-poisonous?

No one has claimed anyone was in danger. They knew where the snake was- easy enough to call animal control to come take care of it- or school security- and keep people away from the snake until the issue was resolved.

Gun culture strikes again. If it's not part of the football game, blow it to smithereens. We're like a nation of toddlers.

:rolleyes:

People get bit by stray dogs every day in america and nobody cares. The threat from this snake was pretty small. THINK

I dont mind that they killed the snake,I would have done the same. You cant have poisonous snakes hanging out on a football field,and they sure as hell aren't endangered.
Hell,I dont have a problem with shooting it if it was done in a safe manner.
The pussification of America continues.....
Actually, some snakes such as the Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake, are endangered.

Kill one, and get caught by the Feds, and it can set you back up to $1,000 or so.

In 99% of cases, snakes should be left alone.

They eat rats, and rats are far more dangerous in the long run than snakes are.

Typical liberal nonsense. After people are stuck between a rock and a hard place, charge them with being criminals when they aim to escape their dilemma.

Shooting it is not the only way to deal with a venomous snake.

No, you can grab them by the tail and crack them like a whip.

Makes them limp as spaghetti, and deader than a doornail.

A limber switch(you know, the kind "child abusers" used on us as kids) whipped across the back of the snake's "neck" is very efficient too.

Last edited:

People get bit by stray dogs every day in america and nobody cares. The threat from this snake was pretty small. THINK
Feral dogs are a real and present danger where I live.

Seems everybody dumps their unwanted ones at the dumpster about two miles down the road, and they get enough food there to hang around and breed.

I really despise people who dump unwanted pets instead of paying a vet to put them down, or shooting them themselves.

Shooting it is not the only way to deal with a venomous snake.

No, you can grab them by the tail and crack them like a whip.

Makes them limp as spaghetti, and deader than a doornail.

A limber switch(you know, the kind "child abusers" used on us as kids whipped across the back of the snake's "neck" is very efficient too.

Or a shovel or a hoe work well too. Or almost any long handled tool can be used to move or kill the snake.

There is snake shot available in most every common handgun calibre, should snakes be a real problem.

Only an idiot or someone in immediate danger would fire at a snake with anything else.

Hell, I've never seen a snake I could not back off from.

GUN WATCH FL Woman Arrested for Protecting Children from Water Moccasin

oct 19 2014
Who would have thought that it would be illegal to defend children from a poisonous snake? This is where the insanity of extreme gun restrictions have brought us. In Florida, a mother was at a school event during a football practice session. A water moccasin was discovered on the practice field, but attempts to kill it with sticks were not successful. From newsherald.com:
April Dawn DeMarco, 30, was arrested for discharging a .380-caliber handgun on the practice football field of Bay High School, 300 E. 15th St., during practice last week for the local Pop Warner football team. Demarco apparently borrowed the pistol from Miren Gregory, 31, to protect nearby children after a group of parents found a water moccasin on the field, police reported.

Coaches and parents told the children to get out of the area after finding the moccasin. Gregory told DeMarco she had a concealed carry permit and a handgun after some of the coaches tried to kill the snake by hitting it with sticks.
Water moccasin's are aggressive.
Yes they are.

They are the only native species of snake that should be killed on sight.

I've seen them feel the ground vibration of my feet, and come charging, head up like a cobra, looking for a meal I guess.

The only positive aspect of the feral hog infestation is that they have cleared out the moccasins from most of the swampland I hunt.

I used to kill up to a hundred or so a year; now I rarely even see one.

Don't miss them either.

Forum List

Back