Woman Puts Up 'Whites Only' Rental Sign

My question is, if a Mexican landlord says no to Blacks or Muslims, is that racist, or is that considered ok? Or if a Japanese landlord refused to rent to No Koreans or Himalayans, is that considered racist, or is that ok?

Its fascinating when you get into other than white on (fill in the race) racism, how its almost...tolerated or accepted as ok.

No, of course it's not ok and I personally don't know anybody that would claim otherwise. Not sure where you're going with this question...

No one "claims" its ok, but that doesnt mean racism isnt more accepted when someone other than a white person acts in a racist manner. Its almost expected in fact.

Again, the woman put up the sign in response to a man trying to break into her home and telling her "This is America, I can do what I want." I think she made her point.

Ehm, no, you misread the article. She said she put it up after somebody broke into her house and she said - while she talked to the police - that "This is America, I can do what I want." Read it again, the article is written rather poorly, that's true.

Also, why would she respond to the house-break-in by putting up the sign? That doesn't make an ounce of sense. Unless it were a black person that broke into her house, in which case it would be at least understandable.

I went back and reread it, and you're right. You'd think that journalists today would have to take english comp or something, I can't believe how badly written some of these things are.

I still would like to know what the other 7 signs say, and why she would put up a sign saying she was renting to whites anyway...does she think that's going to intimidate some burgler?

Neser, you really are a miserable sack of hate. God forbid someone ask a question or offer input other than what you want to hear. How about you take your anger and patronize OTHER posters than me, ok? I dont have a lot of time for people like you.

Back to my question...why is non-white racism, ie: as mentioned, Mexican or Black against (fill in the blank/race) tolerated so much more than when its a white person doing it? Why are whites perceived as the wrong ones and other races can do it with less...uproar? We ALL know that black racism towards whites or Hispanics is prevalent in the projects and urban areas, to the point that its wartime in the inner city now. Doubt me? Take a late night walk there and see how it turns out.

As a white, I want to know when the reverse discrimination will be put a halt to? I dont like fingers pointing at me but when the same is expected of them, its poo-pooed away and shrugged off as, gosh, whitey did it for so long its our turn now.

Last edited:
Neser, you really are a miserable sack of hate. God forbid someone ask a question or offer input other than what you want to hear. How about you take your anger and patronize OTHER posters than me, ok? I dont have a lot of time for people like you.

Back to my question...why is non-white racism, ie: as mentioned, Mexican or Black against (fill in the blank/race) tolerated so much more than when its a white person doing it? Why are whites perceived as the wrong ones and other races can do it with less...uproar? We ALL know that black racism towards whites or Hispanics is prevalent in the projects and urban areas, to the point that its wartime in the inner city now. Doubt me? Take a late night walk there and see how it turns out.

As a white, I want to know when the reverse discrimination will be put a halt to? I dont like fingers pointing at me but when the same is expected of them, its poo-pooed away and shrugged off as, gosh, whitey did it for so long its our turn now.

Sweetheart, first, please chill out, k? If I knew you were gonna almost get a heart attack, I wouldn't have told you your claim was crock'a'shit... Next time I'll use something milder...

You asked a question and I answered it.

The premise that your posts sits on is simply not true because nobody's racism is tolerated more or less... it's a bullshit premise. Racism simply equals racism - doesn't matter who's the perpetrator and who's the victim.

Also, yeah, walking through a goddamn ghetto in the middle of the night might be a bit unpleasant and even a dangerous venture, but for a black person to walk through West Monroe, Loussianna, will be not only unpleasant, but might be dangerous too...

You might be a bit paranoid, whitey... :wink:

Last edited:
Read my post. It tells you where I am going with it.

I know where you're going with it - nowhere - because it's a crock of shit.

What is? All races are capable of racist behavior. What are you saying?

Yeah, all races are capable of racist behavior, I'm not saying that they're not. What I did say a crock of shit was that according to the RightofCenter chap, it's accepted by the society for blacks and hispanics to be racist against whites, while it's unacceptable for whites to be racist towards other ethnic groups.

Last edited:
It's a shame that I have absolutely zero say when it comes to who I rent MY house.

It's my property. I paid for it. It's mine.

But apparently, once I say I want to rent it, I have to abide by all these rules that
basically take away MY rights to do with my property what I want.

It's a shame that I have absolutely zero say when it comes to who I rent MY house.

But apparently, once I say I want to rent it, I have to abide by all these rules that

:( ... When I was done with your post... my eyes were wet... I thought it was the rain first, but then I realized it's not raining, the wetness... are my tears. The bastards! How could they! YOUR house! :ack-1:

:( ... When I was done with your post... my eyes were wet... I thought it was the rain first, but then I realized it's not raining, the wetness... are my tears. The bastards! How could they! YOUR house! :ack-1:

I'm glad you agree.

Yeah, all races are capable of racist behavior, I'm not saying that they're not. What I did say a crock of shit was that according to the RightofCenter chap, it's accepted by the society for blacks and hispanics to be racist against whites, while it's unacceptable for whites to be racist towards other ethnic groups.

I dunno, I've heard more than once that only white people can be racist. Just sayin

I dunno, I've heard more than once that only white people can be racist. Just sayin

They would be incorrect. But it may be based upon the idea that racism from minorities is less consequential because they don't have as much power to oppress people.

I don't know about that. They have award ceremonies specifically for Black people. What would happen if they tried to make an awards ceremony specifically for White people?

They would be incorrect. But it may be based upon the idea that racism from minorities is less consequential because they don't have as much power to oppress people.

I don't know about that. They have award ceremonies specifically for Black people. What would happen if they tried to make an awards ceremony specifically for White people?

Oh dear... you're starting to sound like a right wing nutter. :tongue:

lol, I don't consider myself partisan. I am a liberal-leaning libertarian overall. Fiscally liberal, socially hardcore libertarian. There are certain differences between liberals and libertarians in social policy, e.g. libertarians would side with conservatives on hate crime laws, affirmative action, and are more purist about free speech than either side.

lol, I don't consider myself partisan. I am a liberal-leaning libertarian overall. Fiscally liberal, socially hardcore libertarian. There are certain differences between liberals and libertarians in social policy, e.g. libertarians would side with conservatives on hate crime laws, affirmative action, and are more purist about free speech than either side.

Is that your fancy way of saying we shouldn't give up on you? :tongue:

Is that your fancy way of saying we shouldn't give up on you? :tongue:

Heh. Well let me put it this way. I am much more certain that I am correct on social issues than economic issues. I have not seen a reasonable challenge to the consent/harm principle of libertarianism. I tend to believe capitalism has its virtues in most contexts provided there is regulation, but not when it comes to certain sectors like healthcare and education. But I am by no means an economic expert, not that the experts seem able to get it right anyway.

Actually Amanda, blacks are more racist against other blacks than whites are. Check with some of your darker colored black friends, they'll tell you.

May just as well be. However, I still stand by my statement that all ethnics/races are racist, the only difference comes at individual level.

The reason why Blacks have 'an awards ceremony'... not sure which Black awards ceremony you're refering to - sorry a bit sheltered from popular US culture... is because they are considered an ethnic minority. There's a whole body of scholarship that deals what 'an ethnic minority' means and what rights do they have within countries, and vis-a-vis the majority population or majority ethnic (which I guess would be 'whites' in USA). For example, Kurds in Turkey have also their own newspapers and radio channels and tv channel... Yeah, not a perfect example. However, you can't take US black community out of the historical context of former slavery and segregation...it's essential to understanding why things are the way they are.

However, I do see how people could and would argue against these things... if genuinely concerned about equal status. At the same time, I don't think having a Black awards ceremony proves that Blacks are more racist than whites - by any stretch of imagination.

Falls police say woman put up racist sign

NIAGARA FALLS—Two days after a man was sentenced to probation and community service for putting up a sign as a “joke” in a public works garage that said “whites only” on a drinking fountain, city police were called to a home in the 600 block of 25th Street on Sunday to investigate another racially charged sign.

This one was clearly no joke.

No charges were filed Sunday, but police told the woman she must take down the handwritten sign on a fence on her property saying, “I rent three bedrooms [at her address to] white people Niagara Falls.”

The 53-year-old woman told police she put up the sign after someone tried to break into her house and added, “I can do what I want. I live in America,” according to a police report.

Police said they received complaints and she must take the sign down. An officer at the scene said the woman agreed to take down the sign under protest. The officer said the woman already had seven more signs she was planning to hang up.

Falls police say woman put up racist sign : Police Blotter : The Buffalo News

This can't be racism, it happened in New York. According to people like Neser Boha and Coloradomtnman, all the racists and backward ass country fucks are down south. Thus, this must be something OTHER THAN racism. It just LOOKS like racism, but it isn't. Everyone knows that people north of the Mason Dixon line aren't racists.

Ergo, not racism.

They actually teach that in schools, especially colleges. They showed one Hispanic woman during those demonstrations that said "Only whites can be racist, didn't you go to college?" Thre really sad thing is, she was serious.

I also have a black brother in law that claims only whites can be racist. He claimed my father was racist for not wanting him to marry my sister. Apparently it had nothing to do with the fact that he was twice her age or divorced. Now get this, his daughter had to elope to marry a white man because he wouldn't let his daughters date whites, that of course isn't racism, that's protecting his daughters. His daughter married a white man that is currently serving n Iraq, and near her same age. I would be proud to call such a man my son in law. I'm certainly proud that my niece didn't let her father's racism affect her. I myself, haven't heard from my niece in many years as my brother in law cut all ties with our side of the family when my father died and we refused to make him our new patriarch. The man is a jerk. He has a lot in common with Charlie Bass.

Forum List

Back