Woman Puts Up 'Whites Only' Rental Sign

For public places yes there should be laws that prevent discrimination because we all pay taxes for those things. But for private things I think people should have the right to decide for themselves. Maybe I got it wrong but the way I read the article she was renting rooms in her home. If you can't decide who you can rent to in your own home I think that is wrong.

If a private business wants to discriminate then I think they have the right to do so, the consequence would be that they lose a lot of business. If they're willing to live with that then it's their own business, in my opinion.

o i agree on the drugs being legal..i wouldnt want to share a common wall with a meth lab...would you? kinda like living with a known fire starter. most states allow some type of allowance for landlords with single dwellings or attached dwellings... plus putting out a sign....whites only ...is just asking for trouble..i mean what i wonder is her defination of "white" you do realize that standard does vary?

Perhaps the definition can vary with the individual in regards to their property. I personally don't care if a person in black,white or turkey turd tan as long as their actions don't interfere with mine, there money is good regardless of color.

“I rent three bedrooms [at her address to] white people Niagara Falls.”

The 53-year-old woman told police she put up the sign after someone tried to break into her house and added, “I can do what I want. I live in America,” according to a police report.

<<<

Okay, I didn't see anything in the above about "whites only". From what I can tell, it doesn't even say she is looking for renters, it says she rents three bedrooms to white people. Seems to me she could be talking about her current renters. It also says she put up the sign after someone tried to break into her house saying that this is America and he could do what he wanted.

Seems to me, this is her way of telling idiots like that guy, that no, they can't do what they want, there are rules and laws.

It also says she has 7 other signs to put up. I'm interested in seeing what they say.

Now if this is not a "for rent" sign, what is racist about announcing that you are currently renting to white people? Would a sign saying she was renting to black people be racist?

I think this is just another attempt at getting a point across, right or wrong, you gotta admit, she has a way.

I'd put up some signs but our city has laws against that.

I'm not sure if this is racism or not. In some parts of the country, it is legal for you to discriminate if you rent 1-4 properties. I'd also have to know her motivation. I have some Mexican friends (living here legally, btw) who have about 12 rental properties and will not rent to blacks because they've had such bad luck with them. They say that it may look racist, but their experience has been that they destroy the property and do not pay their rent.

If they would run credit checks on these people, they might have some better luck regardless of whom they may rent to. Usually people who don't pay their rent don't pay the rest of their bills either. I could be wrong, but I would think rent would be the last bill not to pay. Then again, it can take forever to evict someone so maybe these people play the game well.

I'm not sure if this is racism or not. In some parts of the country, it is legal for you to discriminate if you rent 1-4 properties. I'd also have to know her motivation. I have some Mexican friends (living here legally, btw) who have about 12 rental properties and will not rent to blacks because they've had such bad luck with them. They say that it may look racist, but their experience has been that they destroy the property and do not pay their rent.

If they would run credit checks on these people, they might have some better luck regardless of whom they may rent to. Usually people who don't pay their rent don't pay the rest of their bills either. I could be wrong, but I would think rent would be the last bill not to pay. Then again, it can take forever to evict someone so maybe these people play the game well.

They play the game well. They run credit checks, but to no avail. One time they evicted a family for non-payment and after they moved out discovered that the drains had been filled with concrete. They went to the local Home Depot, bought a couple bags of cement and flushed them down the toilet. A few thousand dollars later, they had had enough.

I am in the process of selling some property because I don't want to rent the home out. Nobody in this town pays their rent, black, white or otherwise. I don't want to have to watch my hard work and rennovations be destroyed by someone's kids either. I don't want to descriminate, don't want to be liable......and guess what ? I don't have to. No one has to. Don't want the hassle of renting ? Don't do it. It's that simple.

“I rent three bedrooms [at her address to] white people Niagara Falls.”

The 53-year-old woman told police she put up the sign after someone tried to break into her house and added, “I can do what I want. I live in America,” according to a police report.

<<<

Okay, I didn't see anything in the above about "whites only". From what I can tell, it doesn't even say she is looking for renters, it says she rents three bedrooms to white people. Seems to me she could be talking about her current renters. It also says she put up the sign after someone tried to break into her house saying that this is America and he could do what he wanted.

Seems to me, this is her way of telling idiots like that guy, that no, they can't do what they want, there are rules and laws.

It also says she has 7 other signs to put up. I'm interested in seeing what they say.

Now if this is not a "for rent" sign, what is racist about announcing that you are currently renting to white people? Would a sign saying she was renting to black people be racist?

I think this is just another attempt at getting a point across, right or wrong, you gotta admit, she has a way.

I'd put up some signs but our city has laws against that.

Seriously?

Falls police say woman put up racist sign

NIAGARA FALLS—Two days after a man was sentenced to probation and community service for putting up a sign as a “joke” in a public works garage that said “whites only” on a drinking fountain, city police were called to a home in the 600 block of 25th Street on Sunday to investigate another racially charged sign.

This one was clearly no joke.

No charges were filed Sunday, but police told the woman she must take down the handwritten sign on a fence on her property saying, “I rent three bedrooms [at her address to] white people Niagara Falls.”

Police said they received complaints and she must take the sign down. An officer at the scene said the woman agreed to take down the sign under protest. The officer said the woman already had seven more signs she was planning to hang up.

Falls police say woman put up racist sign : Police Blotter : The Buffalo News

This is ridiculous. If she rents the place out then she should be able to put up any sign she wants and rent out her house to whomever she wants. whatever happened to the first ammendment.

The only good thing about a racist asshole like this woman is that you know immediately that she is a racist asshole.

Who, in this century, even thinks like that anymore? It's putrid and definately racist and I hate it that she is even on this earth. :disbelief:

The only good thing about a racist asshole like this woman is that you know immediately that she is a racist asshole.

Who, in this century, even thinks like that anymore? It's putrid and definately racist and I hate it that she is even on this earth. :disbelief:

Thats quite an ignorant statement. I mean, I dont agree with her but i do beleive everyone is entitled to there own opinion and beliefs.

Oh really? Perhaps you can explain the difference in this woman's "whites only" sign and the "Congressional Black Caucaus."

Oh really? Perhaps you can explain the difference in this woman's "whites only" sign and the "Congressional Black Caucaus."

I think the Congressional Black Caucas is like Howard University. If a white wants to join, they are more than welcome.

I think the Congressional Black Caucas is like Howard University. If a white wants to join, they are more than welcome.

Yeah, right, and they can run for Miss Black America, and they can get money from the United Negro College fund......

:cuckoo:

At least, she's out in the open about it. Most racists are more subtle than that. To think we have people who don't think we need civil rights legislation.

This gal hasn't heard of the Fair Housing Act.

Last edited:

what happened to the last guy who tried??

Black Caucus: Whites Not Allowed

As a white liberal running in a majority African American district, Tennessee Democrat Stephen I. Cohen made a novel pledge on the campaign trail last year: If elected, he would seek to become the first white member of the Congressional Black Caucus.

Now that he's a freshman in Congress, Cohen has changed his plans. He said he has dropped his bid after several current and former caucus members made it clear to him that whites need not apply.

Black Caucus: Whites Not Allowed - Josephine Hearn - Politico.com

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

yep racism is alive and well in America..

Forum List

Back